“Great weekend in Cooperstown” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Motel   |   7090 State Highway 80, Cooperstown, NY 13326   |
Ranked #5 of 16 hotels in Cooperstown
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rome, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great weekend in Cooperstown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We didn't have a clue where to stay in Cooperstown for a few days of fishing that wonderful Otsego Lake. I just happened to find Bayside Inn on the internet and the 5 of us took a chance. It payed off!! We rented a 3 bedroom cottage for a couple nights and had one of our favorite trips. The cottage was very clean and comfortable, had all the amenities we could need, had a lake view, comfortable beds, etc., etc. One of my favorite things, however, was how friendly the staff is. That makes such a difference to me. We docked our boat right there, too, so there was no driving needed. All-in-all we had a great weekend and will definitely go back again. We caught 9 different types of fish, after all.

Room Tip: just ask for a lake view! The only tip I have is that this is a steep hill to walk to the lake from...
Green Features: They recycle and have cans to separate recycles from trash.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Jennifer M, Manager at Bayside Inn & Marina, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you Sandy S for the kind words and great review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in the cottage and am very happy that you got to enjoy Otsego Lake and the fishing. There are many different types of fish in the lake and it sounds like you caught most of them!! Congratulations!! I always look forward to chatting with and getting to know as many guests that are willing to take the time out of their stay to say hi. I look forward to seeing you and your group again when you plan another fishing trip in the future!

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the Bayside, the room was very clean and the staff very friendly & helpful. It is a great jumping off point for the many attractions in the area but it was also nice just to sit quietly by gorgeous Lake Otsego. We are looking forward to returning next year!

Room Tip: We liked our room with a balcony with it's view of the lake.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kearney, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The rooms were comfortable and the hosts were very sociable. The location was quiet and peaceful with beautiful views of the lake. Cooperstown was easily accessible by car. There was adequate parking space available. The location was great for the activities that we had planned for the time that we were there. Anita

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Belleville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

While it maybe an older facility, it is well cared for. I stayed in room two for a couple of nights while visiting the hall of fame. Flooring was new, freshly painted and bathroom was up to date and very clean. I've stayed in $200 rooms that were not this well cared for. As far as the Inn's staff I only met Anna and Sophie and both were very helpful and friendly. If staying near Cooperstown again this is where I will stay and have already recommended the inn to my friends.

Room Tip: stayed in room 2
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Brick, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Our family recently stayed at the Bayside Inn for 2 nights. The cabin was clean, but dated. when we booked the reservation, for which we needed to pay one night up front for, we were told that an upgrade of a larger cabin would be a possibility if no one else was renting it. When we arrived and my husband asked, he was told only if we paid for the larger cabin ??. We live a the Jersey shore and understand tourism, but feel this was a bait and switch tactic. The Bayside is a place to sleep for the night and grab a shower...not a vacation spot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer M, Manager at Bayside Inn & Marina, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
The Merriam-Webster definition of "Bait and Switch": a sales tactic in which a customer is attracted by the advertisement of a low-priced item but is then encouraged to buy a higher-priced one.

The guest chose the lower priced cottage and was not encouraged to change to a larger cottage, they asked for a larger cottage. The guest was told that they could upgrade to a larger cottage if it was available, they were never told that they could upgrade at no charge. All of the pictures, descriptions, policies and other information on our website are updated and are a valid representation of the rooms, cottages and property of Bayside. We do take a deposit of 1/2 of the stay (less tax) when the reservation is made. Our deposit and cancellation policy is explained when making a reservation over the phone, it is located on our Policies page on our website, it has to be acknowledged when making a reservation through our website and is included in the confirmation email. When a guest inquires about our rooms and cottages they are encouraged to look at the pictures and descriptions on our website and choose the cottage that is the best fit for their family and needs.

The Jersey Shore is a pretty unique place to vacation if you can rent one house and upgrade to a larger house for no extra fee.
Waltham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Not caring for "winging it", I make reservations in advance. That's how popular Bayside Inn & Marina is. For good reason: 1. Clean rooms; 2. Game room; 3. Attractive and comfortable sitting room; 4. Exercise room; 5. Lakeside property; 6. Handicapped-accessible rooms; 7. Porch for clients' outside relaxing; 8. I Hot coffee all day, in lobby; 9. Friendly & engaged staff. They remember us from year to year. No disengaged, faux-friendliness here! I have trouble remembering that they are at work, not visiting with me.

Great place for people of all ages and capabilities.

Room Tip: All the rooms we have stayed in are just fine.
Green Features: I approve of their policy of conserving water and energy by changing linens as the client wishes, rather than on their schedule.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words and the great review of your stay and our property and staff. We always enjoy getting to know our guests and it's hard not to become close to some of them. This guest and her husband is no exception! We love when those special people come into our lives and become part of the "Bayside Family".

We looked forward to seeing you this season and look forward to seeing you for many seasons to come!
Oakland, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My 4 year old and I stayed at Bayside Inn while my older one played at Cooperstown. The motel is definitely much nicer than it shows on the computer. It's quite quaint and has all the amenities you could want for a stay such as this...one that is NOT heavily hotel-based. We had parking outside our door, the room was very clean, the bathroom was updated, and the fridge was ample. There were cable tv channels to occupy the little one, and a beautiful lake view off our private balcony for me to enjoy. There was a great outdoor dining area overlooking the lake as well...overall, the stay was better than I expected. The phone service is awful, but that is stated on the website. They offer free wifi that does work, and will allow you to make calls from the office if your carrier is AT&T. The inn is located very close to Glimmerglass, and about 10 miles from Dreams Park, but it's a pretty straight shot - just one right turn. I felt safe staying alone with my little one, and that was really my primary concern. I wish I had more time to check out the area and take advantage of the lake.

Room Tip: Stayed in Room 2 - request 2nd floor if you want a balcony/view, 1st if you require a microwave.
Green Features: The bath toiletries were "green" and they had the wash/reuse option for towels. I was pleasantly surprised.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Loria1070, I appreciate you taking the time to review your stay. We try to provide as many conveniences as possible and appreciate your acknowledgement. All of the staff does their best to make our guests feel at home and safe. Unfortunately, Verizon is the only cell coverage on the lake but because of that we provide free phone calls within the US and Canada from all room and cottage phones. We also have several Wi-Fi hot spots throughout the property to allow our guests easy access to their email, Facebook, etc.

We hope to see you and your family again in the future when you have more time to explore the area and the lake.

Been to Bayside Inn & Marina? Share your experiences!