“Nice surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Large groups, Outdoor seating
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for a quick lunch, and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. I just had soup and a salad, but the salad was loaded with a variety of ingredients, very fresh. The lobster bisque was tasty. The staff was friendly and attentive. Would definitely stop here again.

Newburgh, New York
“Pub Food and Friendly Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Have been 3 different times and all 3 times the food was consistently good, the atmosphere was relaxed and the prices were fair.

Annapolis, Maryland
“Cozy Patio Easily Overlooked”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stopped by here for a congratulatory beer and light lunch after biting the bullet and haggling (successfully) for an autographed Cal Ripken, Jr. HOF 2007 baseball. Friendly service but out of a seasonal beer and staple burger item. Great spot to have a beer with friends/family in the evening - year-round white Christmas lights are always nice!

Houston, Texas
“Better than I Expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I am a southern boy and love my Texas BBQ. The Brisket sandwich here is really good and not expensive. I highly recommend it.

Visited July 2014
East Aurora, New York
“Entertaining and satisfying”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Sometimes when I read reviews, I always wonder what happens to people. A burr in the saddle, a bad day, too hot, too cold, etc. seems to justify some of these reviews. I along with other friends of mine always head to the Pioneer Patio when we are in Cooperstown (and we are there usually 4-5 times a year). We love this place and also got to know the owner, his family and staff while we visited. The service was always terrific, the food was good, but more importantly, the beer was always refreshing and cold.
I have watched this restaurant develop over the many years that it has existed and saw how well it has been managed. You can have fun here just talking with the staff and they always jump through the hoops to assist you.
We have never had a bad meal there and I'm sure if we did, the owner would take car of the problem. An excellent place to go to for a quick meal when visiting the lovely village of Cooperstown.

• Visited July 2014