“Who would have thunk it?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baseball Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cooperstown
Baseball Bed and Breakfast
You added Baseball Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
54 Chestnut Street, Cooperstown, NY 13326   |
Ranked #7 of 30 Cooperstown B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brooklyn, New York
“Who would have thunk it?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Having lodged at mainly hotels, a few motels and even cruise ships, I knew my first stay at a Bed & Breakfast Inn would be an experience. Although I cannot compare it to any other Bed & Breakfast Inn, the smell alone beats hotel/motel competition. It didn’t smell moldy or of disinfectant; it had a smell of fresh air that cannot be captured in a can or created in a spray bottle.

The Rudy’s, who are the hostesses, made you feel right at home. This mini trip happened to be a gift for my son’s 15th birthday to which I casually mentioned to the Rudy’s. They quickly managed to have a happy birthday treat with candles and song after Mrs. Rudy served us a homemade blueberry pancake breakfast, complete with sausage, fresh fruit, and cereal choices..

Even though we had gone to the Baseball Hall of Fame Museum, Mr. Rudy took the time to educate us more about baseball and how they honored the legends.

If I had to give this place stars, I would give it a 4.5 out of 5, and that is simply because there are no locks, latch or otherwise, on the doors. Overall, it was a splendid experience and I would recommend it to others.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Athens, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

I was in Cooperstown for a meeting this past week. John and Suzanne were most welcoming and very flexible - both mornings I needed an early morning (before 7) breakfast and they were most willing to accommodate my schedule. My room (Christy Mathewson) was very comfortable and airy. My only comment on "sleep quality" - and this is not anything within the control of Suzanne and John - is that you can hear trucks rolling by in the early morning hours on weekdays. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Austintown, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

The proprietors of the Baseball B&B were wonderful people, very genuine, welcoming, and knowledgable about the area attractions. The B&B was only blocks from everything so we could park our car and go which was very helpful on a very busy father's day weekend. Breakfasts were outstanding and the Ty Cobb room beautifully appointed. John and Suzanne met all our needs and requests however small. They provided one of the nicest B&B experiences we have had. When they opened the door and said "welcome to our home" they meant it! The only drawback making the rating only very good was the lack of water available for showers when the house was full. Timing showers around other guests was a necessity.

Room Tip: Only 2 rooms had private baths
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Roslyn Heights, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stayed at the BASEBALL BED AND BREAKFAST in Cooperstown the weekend of 6/17/2011. Our visit was to attend a family birthday party and our choice of B&B made our trip all the more enjoyable. Our hosts, John and Suzanne (the owners of the Baseball B&B on Chestnut St) were delightful company at the bacon and egg breakfast we enjoyed and were totally accomodating in every other way. Suzanne, even ferried a piece of luggage that we had left behind over to the family home. The B&B is brimming with baseball memorabelia and when you stay there take note of the wallpaper in the upstairs bathroom and the kitchen.

Room Tip: each room is named for a different ballplayer
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

Loved the room - large and well-appointed; the service was outstanding- the proprietors are very accommodating; breakfast on the patio was wonderful; the location is perfect for a visit to the Baseball Hall of Fame, shops/restaurants on Main Street. The room I stayed in is named for Ty Cobb and the proprietors provided books about him which made my visit to the Hall even more meaningful. I liked the room and the proprietors best.

Room Tip: Cobb room is large, has a private bath.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

My family and I decided to visit the Baseball Hall of Fame this past summer and we taken in by the most amazing people in a true baseball home. Every detail was not only immaculate, but John and Suzanne (owners and baseball enthusiasts) have taken an old Victorian house and turned it into a masterpiece. Our room was dedicated to Ty Cobb (each room is dedicated to one of the original 5 Hall of Fame inductees), and couldn't have been more serene. From the moment you walk in you know you are in the right place. Our children played in the big backyard, my wife got a tutorial on gardening from Suzanne, and I relaxed on the hammock after seeing a game at Doubleday Field, which is literally across the street. With a stream running in back of the property and a deck upon which John and Suzanne everyday present a spectacular FULL breakfast, there is no debate this is the nicest B&B my family has ever enjoyed. We simply could not have asked for more. A bountiful breakfast masterfully prepared, engaging conversation with people we now consider our friends, and a location that encourages you to stroll around town with no worries of parking or having along trip back, there is no other place my family or yours should stay in this wonderful town than at the Baseball Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Baseball Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!