“Clean and very comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Double HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Commack
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Glen Rock, NJ
“Clean and very comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at The Hampton Inn for one night when we had a funeral the next say nearby. This hotel is definitely the best place in the area. The manager gave us a bereavement rate which made our stay all the better. The room was lovely, spacious, very clean and updated. The breakfast was a hot and cold buffet - very good! I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Ramsey, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We just needed a place to stay for the night for a wake and funeral. The Hampton Inn was convenient to our location. We were grateful for the breakfast in the morning and comfortable beds. The bathroom shower looked a little warn, the furniture was scratched in places, but overall it was clean and tidy.

Peabody, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I called prior to our trip to speak with the sales department because we had 9 rooms to book. Maryann took such good care of us by giving us a great rate and helping get the rooms booked and made changes without a hassle.
Car,ferry and car and we finally arrived! This Hampton, like most have a small lobbies but we were greeted by a very professional lady. I wish I could remember her name...3/9/14? Anyways she asked us if we had a preference on floors made me so happy because I have to be on higher floors and have to ask for one every time. Just a pet peeve of mine...
The rooms are big and very clean. They leave a post note above your bed to let you know all your bedding is fresh and clean.
In the morning I asked the front desk if maintenance could turn my heat off and get the air conditioner on....came back from a long day of work and my room was freezing! Hurray! Great nights sleeps! Good breakfast choices too!!!!
With 9 people staying here for three nights we had no problems and everyone was happy! Thank you Staff!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Upstate NY, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I would definitely recommend this hotel. The efficiency of check in and check out was quick and great! The room was clean and welcoming. The dark décor makes you feel like your just at home. Will stay here next year or when I am passing through again.

Kingsland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

The family stayed at the hotel for my nephews marriage. By family I mean Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Friends, ect. The staff was really helpful. I could not sleep after the reception. I went to the Lobby to read. The staff provided me coffee and snacks...at 2AM

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Was pleasantly surprised by how nice this Hampton Inn was. Free parking, good size fitness center with four treadmills, 2 ellipticals, two bikes and assorted weights and mats. Water and towels too!

I did not see the pool but fellow travelers in my party said it was much larger than they expected and looked nice.
Very nice free breakfast, featuring the usual waffles, cereal (hot and cold), pastries, bagels, fruit and eggs and sausage. Couple the free breakfast with the free wi-fi and free parking and it was a pretty good deal.

Special bereavement rate if you are sadly also going to a funeral in the area.

There is a Silver (type) Diner right next door. We heard good things about it but did not have time to try it out. Only downside of the Hampton Inn is no hotel restaurant or bar, but for a short stay, not a big problem.

Rooms were pretty nice and very clean. Would definitely recommend if you are in that area.

Room Tip: The hotel does have a few "smoking" rooms so if you don't want smoking, be sure to ask...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Very nice, accommodating hotel. First question asked, floor preference!! Yes! To someone afraid of heights, this question is a blessing. The rooms were nice and clean and well kept. The parking lot was easy to maneuver. The hotel is located right next to the new Commack Lowe's so it's very easy if you have any business there. We ate lunch at the diner next to the hotel and it was a perfect NY experience. Great stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack? Share your experiences!