“Great Family Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Commack
“Great Family Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

My Favorite is the Alice Springs Chicken and I am not a chicken lover. Steaks are good, and how can you not love the Bloomin Onion? My kids love the bread and the macaroni and cheese.

Visited February 2012

Delmar, New York
“When you don't know where you are, go somewhere you know.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

I was in the area for business. I was not too familiar with this area and was not in the mood to explore so I figured why not just go somewhere I was somewhat familiar with, even though I had never been to an outback.

I sat at the bar. There had to be 5-10 kids sitting there. Isn't that illegal? It annoyed me mildly, but oh well. Good bartenders although did not give me the attention I normally like just to pass the time. I ordered a shimp app that was ok. I then ordered a steak and the barkeep recommended the horseradish crust. I got it and would highly suggest you don't try it. To me, a crust on a steak is something seated on, but this was just a blob of horseradish grossly put on top of my steak. I skimmed it off be because it was so gross. The steak itself was ok, nowhere close to my top 20 though. The value was good and I'd probably go back to one if I was limited in options.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Chain restaurant performs on par”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

I arrived much later than the rest of my party and just ordered an appetizer and side to wolf down before people started to leave. Received prompt service and the food was good. I do regret not getting there early enough to get an onion blossom, but I'm sure I don't need those calories. ;) Basically it's great for your normal dining experience. I guess I'm just spoiled by hole-in-the wall or family-run restaurants.

Visited November 2011