“Too Busy?” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Mechanicsburg, PA
“Too Busy?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I went as a lone traveler and found a long line of people in front of me. I asked to eat at the bar, and did. Immediately, I noticed a musty odor and asked the extremely busy but friendly bartender to wipe the sticky counter in front of me. He did, but the odor didn't leave and the water was not hot or soapy enough to cut the grease. I guess a smart person would have left but I was tired and hungry. As I ate my meal, I noticed the bartender "wash" and recycle wine glasses by dipping them in a basin of water and shaking them dry before refilling them. I do not know if it was the same water, I had digestive issues the next day, which is unusual for me. In summary, a courteous and extremely hard working staff was too busy to observe reasonable hygiene when busy. I would think twice before eating here or ordering a drink poured from the bar if the restaurant is busy. Management needs to increase service staff to stay ahead of clean up around the bar area to correct issues that I mentioned, which any well trained manager should have been on top of but clearly was not on the evening I was there. If I had been from Darden's corporate office, the manager probably would have been behind the bar cleaning up before I left, and the franchisee would have had explaining to do subsequently in relation to appropriate staffing levels and training which were clearly not up to the franchise's normal standards

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Food is good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Went to all you can eat shrimp fest. Took quite a while to get lunch. Guess there was only 1 cook on duty during lunch hour. They finally sent another person in there to help her. Did notice that the shrimp were smaller then the last time they had this promotion. We did have a problem with the battered shrimp. When it came out it had a huge hair sticking out that had been baked in with the shrimp. Totally lost appetite. Manager did comp the check which was very nice. Unfortunately this does happen sometimes.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Reidville, SC
“It's Red Lobster - Good Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I ate at the bar as I dined alone on business. The food was typical of all Red Lobsters. Decent beer on tap. Bar staff was new, so there was a little bit of a learning curve, but it was a fine meal.

Visited June 2012
Clifton Park, New York
“Good soups”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Love the clam chowder and the stuffed mushroom appetizer. I sometimes eat those mushrooms as an entree. They're better than my own.

Visited April 2012
Goffstown, New Hampshire
“Extremely Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We don't have Red Lobster restaurants in New Hampshire, so when we were traveling through New York on vacation this week, I really wanted to stop at one for dinner. It was unfortunate that I chose the one in Colonie. The 'greeter' didn't appear very happy to see us, and basically all we got out of him was 'three?' He took us to a corner booth, dropped the menus on the table and walked away. The table was dirty, and I would have preferred a traditional booth, but we sat down anyway. The waitress came over for our drink order and also was not very pleasant - no welcome, or mention of specials or anything, just asked what we wanted to drink. After she dropped off our drinks, she went off to another table. While we were waiting for her to come back so we could order, I noticed something floating in my glass. She walked by again and dropped a basket of biscuits on the table and left without asking if we were ready to order. When she came by the third time, I mentioned that the table was dirty and there was something floating in my glass. She just looked at me as if to say, "So?" I said I didn't think we would be staying to eat based on what we had encountered so far and she continued to just stare at me. Needless to say, we got up and left. I would NEVER visit this establishment again. Rude staff, and not clean. Who knows what the kitchen looks like and how the food would have been.

• Visited May 2012