“Great Stay at Vista Marina!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vista Marina Hotel

You added Vista Marina Hotel to your Saves list
Vista Marina Hotel
Waterfront Road | Blk 3 Lot 2, Moonbay Marina Area, Subic Bay Freeport Zone, Luzon, Philippines   |
Quezon City
“Great Stay at Vista Marina!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2009

I was a bit hesitant initially to book at Vista Marina because of some unfavorable reviews. But my stay there last weekend (Jan 3-4) erased a lot of fears I had about security or staff indifference.

My family was very pleased with the hotel facilities. The members of the staff (Jen and Lanna, most especially) were very accommodating and gracious. The rooms, including the bathrooms, were spacious and clean (I just found the scent of the air freshener too strong).

Breakfast was not lavish but was good and adequate.

The hotel's strongest point would be its location. Most rooms face the ocean, I believe. It is also close to many good restaurants.

I also want to share that my sister left a few pieces of jewelry and the staff called us many times to inform us of the matter and offered ways on how we could get the items back. It was, indeed, a sure sign that the hotel is doing its best to improve the hotel's servIces and security system.

I would recommend the hotel to anyone wanting to find a great place to stay in Subic.

• Liked — location, accommodating/kind members of the staff
  • Disliked — Furniture not the best quality/strong scent of air freshener
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Manila
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2009

While I was strolling down the boardwalk at Waterfront Road last December, I saw Vista Marina and thought it was nice. The rooms were overlooking their big pool and the Subic Bay. I was staying at Subic Park Hotel at that time, so when I returned to Subic recently for the New Year with my family, we stayed there for 2 nights. They have a spacious lobby. The bathroom smelled clean and good and the view from our room was spectacular.

On to the downside. I was really looking forward to use their pool as much as I can, but they kept having functions on that area. On our first day, there was a wedding reception so they sent a letter informing us that they are closing the pool area from 4:00 in the afternoon until 10 in the evening. Then on our 2nd day, there was a children's birthday party so they had to close the area again from 6:00 to 9:00 PM. This does not yet include the ingress and the egress of the events that I mentioned. They kept playing those stupid birthday songs so loud and it was really annoying. Apart from that, you can hear the blaring music being played late at night and at 7 in the morning! For crying out loud, haven't they thought about their guests who might still be sleeping?

The complimentary breakfast buffet wasn't really good and there were house flies everywhere! The lobby, the corridor, glass windows, the stairs and on the plants. My goodness!

It wasn't until after our stay at VM that I have read and discovered from this website that robbery was rampant there. Sure, I thought their vault/safe was bulok but I never thought a nice resort like that would welcome thieves with open arms. Don't they care about their reputation? It's a good thing I didn't bring my laptop!

This establishment has a lot of potential. If only they would improve their security system. Change their locks and vaults for starters and improve the quality of food they serve. They also have to consider the welfare of their guests first who would want to maximize their facilities and enjoy their stay in a more peaceful setting. That's why it's a called a getaway.

• Liked — Cleanliness and Smell
  • Disliked — Noise and Accesibility of the Pool
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2009

I stayed their when they were first open. The place is nice. I've stayed at better and much worse all over the world. I"m not sure the best materials were used for this property. My door didn't seem to quite fit and the bath never drained properly. We booked three rooms and each had drainage and ant issues. The staff wasyoung, attractive, and friendly. I can't really complain about the service. They were very helpful. It was clear that they were happy to have jobs. So they were trying their best. Though they did mention privately that the Korean owners were tough and made sure there was a huge and regular turnover of employees. The pool was okay. I think they tiled it wrong because the tiles used on the bottom were very slippery. The food was okay. I didn't have huge expectation. I was their to visit family. All I cared about was that I was safek the service descent and my room be clean. We didn't have anything stolen. Though I had heard that was a problem. Subic Bay overall was nicely developing and I could certainly see it being a destination some day.

• Liked — Location was convenient to every place we needed to be.
  • Disliked — No elevators at the time.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2008

Wow, this is one of my very relaxing and invigorating stay in a hotel this year! The place is really a perfect haven of nature that you will surely enjoy the beauty of the bay! When you stay in their verandah, you will definitely be amazed of their very big swimming pool which can accommodate a lot of people. At night, I enjoyed walking at the beachfront along the boardwalk where you can see a lot of people walking in. Indeed, I can really say that the place made my family enjoyed our stay in Subic Bay!

Aside from this very wonderful ambiance, I can say that their rooms are spacious that my entire family of four was accommodated. (Though, you just need to pay extra Php 500 for the Extra Bed) The room is also equipped of a mini bar, bath tub with hot and cold water, tv, air conditioning unit and a safety deposit box..

The staffs are very accommodating and friendly! The pool attendant assisted my 5 year old son in his swimming though my wife is also there. I felt so secured that time that nothing will happen to my son while he is swimming in their pool.

The only thing that I noticed during our stay was the on-going construction of their bar at the ground floor which created some noise. I was upset with the noise that time though their Front desk Personnel informed us about the matter before we checked in. So, what we did was just to enjoy at the poolside with my family until the construction ended at 5pm.

This resort is really one of a kind and my family and I will definitely be coming back in this hotel!

• Liked — the perfect view of the bay
  • Disliked — noice of the construction
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
subic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2008

We were added to the long list of people ROBBED while staying at this hotel last September 8, 2008. This Hotel staff are familiar with the many robberies, they just don't seem to care. Owners won't step forward. IF YOU STAY IN THIS HOTEL THERE IS A HIGH POSSIBILITY THAT YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR VALUABLES FROM INSIDE THE ROOM.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Theft of Property from our room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2008

True, there is no security on site, but who needs it? The hotel is located inside Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA), which is probably the safest in the whole country!! The rooms were very clean, air conditioning unit was a 2.5 hp unit which was brand new and more than capable of cooling the room. The swimming pool area was so relaxing, only a short walk to the boardwalk and beach. The staff was very courteous and eager to please. I have nothing but positive reviews for this hotel. I am from Chicago Illinois (USA), and our next visit to the philippines will definitely be at this hotel when we stay at Subic Bay!!!!!

Jim Labrador
Chicago, IL.

• Liked — The hotel itself!!!
  • Disliked — No 110v outlets, all 220v.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tijuana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2008

Security in this hotel is really poor(to my standards as a tourista), eventhough I did'nt lost any of my stuffs here, I still don't feel secured. One of my observation during my stay was, I did'nt even saw a single security camera in the hotel lobby and in the corridors.

Sorry Vista,

Peace.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — no comment
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Vista Marina Hotel? Share your experiences!