“Excellent location, excellent atmosphere, excellent price...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Subic Park Hotel

Save Saved
You added Subic Park Hotel to your Saves list
Subic Park Hotel
Moonbay Marina, Waterfront Rd | Subic Bay Freeport Zone, Olongapo, Subic Bay Freeport Zone, Luzon, Philippines   |
Manila, Philippines
“Excellent location, excellent atmosphere, excellent price...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

As a native of Olongapo City, my family regularly visits the place about five to six times a year to bond with friends, observe national holidays, or to simply get away from the hustle and bustle of life in Makati. We have sold our old house so we have no choice but to stay in a hotel in the adjacent SBMA, the former US Naval Base. We were here again 30th and 31st October for the All Saints’ Day celebration. There are several accommodation packages in SBMA but my family particularly likes Subic Park Hotel for several reasons.

Subic Park Hotel faces the beach where my wife and I could jog or run early morning or lazily walk by the Subic Bay waters as we gaze at the sunset. There is a clean swimming pool with just enough size for our 4 year old grandson to frolic in the shallow portion and for my two big boys to swim around. Wife and I enjoy the hotel decors that make one feel at home with its thematic, rustic decors depending on the season of the year. We have seen the hotel transform into a Halloween house or a Christmas world. During the Holy Week, the hotel is dressed in appropriately relevant manner.

The rooms are sanitized every day with fresh new bed sheets and towels. The staff are particularly friendly. The complimentary food can still be improved maybe with a gravy or a soup on the side (choose breakfast or dinner) but one can order additional viands from its restaurant. The pork BBQ by the beach bar on weekends is excellent. Internet access is available only in the lobby and the restaurant. Would be nice to have internet access in the rooms, as well. Parking is not a problem. I have made several reservations via the internet and the hotel has always been reliable.

Know what? We already have room reservations for the New Year celebration where the fireworks are excellent. But sorry folks, I have grabbed the last room available for December 30th and 31st. For my classmates coming over for the OCNHS High School Reunion Batch ‘74 on 25th January, you may not have rooms anymore for our favorite hotel if you don’t click their website right now.

Room Tip: Ask for the quiet room which ironically is on the front side of the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My family and i had a great time in our 2 days stay. We will definitely comeback. The room is clean. The food is good (they give complimentary dinner). Wifi is working well in any place of the hotel. No fitness center but you can walk or jog around the beach area for an exercise. The staffs are very helpful and nice. Its really a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: choose the room on the right wing.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I Booked online for a three day stay having previously had a look inside the hotel.
I paid a deposit in $US which was taken from my card. There was only 2 nights available in a regular room so I upgraded for the last night.This room was $71
The hotel lobby is nice and inviting but the room on the second floor was at the back along a creaky laminated wooden hallway. The laminate was lifting on the stairs which could have been a safety issue to young or elderly.
The staff were helpful,apart from the manager who seemed to just want to dismiss our comments and hide back in the office. There was no information about activities or even help to find out the times of the service at San Roque chapel
The food was inedible! I am not a food gourmet and when it comes to culinary experience I am easily pleased but this was bad
The room overlooked the boardwalk where there are bars situated with live bands playing until the early hours. Bear this is mind if you are a light sleeper.
Our upgrade room had only one side table with a single light and the bath had no plug
On check out my balance was presented as the entire amount,there was no deduction of the deposit that i had paid and the the rate was calculated from dollars into pesos at the hotel rate
We had intended to stay in their sister hotel in Baguio but after our experience in Subic decided
to stay elsewhere

Room Tip: If you don't like loud music then get a room at the front
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Subic Bay Freeport Zone hotels

Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel in the mid price range of the area. Good points : the inclusive dinner with a menu changing every day. Bad points: the wifi do not work consistantly in the hotel... You can go for a coffee in the 5 stars lighthouse hotel near too if you need to download a bunch of mail you will save time!

• Stayed August 2012
Quezon City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I like the room, the ambiance, the friendly staff, parking and most specially the set meal for breakfast (not buffet). Nice place to stay with a great view of the beach and small pool outside. This hotel is not that big, but you can have everything you need for a simple accommodation. Nice and clean. I’ll get back for my 3rd stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Subic Park Hotel because it's owned by a friend. It's located along the beach area of Subic where only water sports are allowed. It's a quaint hotel that has a homey feel to it.

Facilities: The facilities include a nice restaurant and a small pool. You can see the beach from the restaurant area so the kids can play in the sand as you lounge by the pool. The hotel offers one free meal per day for every guest and the food is cheap and good. We decided to have dinner for the two nights that we stayed there. For breakfast, we highly recommend the vigan longganisa for those who like the garlicky variety. The hotel offers wi-fi supposedly available in all the rooms. However, I could not connect using my iPOD Touch while in our room (214) though my OS is updated but my MacBook connected without any hitches. The restaurant had the strongest wi-fi in our opinion.

Location: Being into running, the Subic Park was a good location for me because I was able to run from end to end of the road which is about a two kilometers. If you're into walking, you could easily walk to the new Ayala Mall (Harbor Point). It gets quite noisy at night because Gilligan's Bar is located right beside the hotel. A 24/7 Mini Stop is located a few steps away from the hotel.

Rooms: We stayed in a Deluxe Room and the room was ok. It had the basic amenities but they only provide you with one bath towel (no smaller towels were provided) and one pillow each. Because the air conditioner was the box-type, you could control the temperature in your room.My only complain was the super duper tiny bathroom. Two people wouldn't fit in that bathroom! The shower area was so tiny, we had to face the wall every time we showered! I'm not claustrophobic but the shower area made me one for the three days we stayed there!

Overall, we still had a nice time in Subic thanks to our stay at Subic Park. I think the best feature of the hotel is their staff. They were very accommodating particularly the servers in the restaurant area. They always had a smile on and they would recommend dishes when what we ordered wasn't available. I wish the beach was ok for swimming though. It would've made our stay more pleasurable.

Room Tip: Request for the rooms on the right side of the hotel (if you're facing the hotel). Another hote...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Inexpensive but well furnished. Warm friendly staff and room is spacious.

A good choice though a bit old but still the elegance and beauty is still seen. Very nice and cozy Mediterranean atmosphere.

Furnished with cable TV and a refrigerator. Clean spacious room and nice clean linen and towels. Abundant and drinkable tap water, and a real hot and cold shower.

Will recommend this to my friends.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Subic Park Hotel? Share your experiences!