“Hard to find... but worth the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hoyah Hotel

You added Grand Hoyah Hotel to your Saves list
Grand Hoyah Hotel
Canal Road Cor. Manila Avenue | Central Business District, Subic Bay Freeport Zone, Luzon 2200, Philippines   |
“Hard to find... but worth the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I took our 2 year old grand daughter to subic for her to see live the dolphins and tigers so we decided to check in for a two night stay at grand hoyah hotel. The hotel was hard to find as there was no sign along the road where you were suppose to turn right. When we saw it, we were on the other side of the road with a creek in between. That was the only hassle though. Once we were there, we were greeted by friendly and smiling front desk staff. The elevator was small but it was ok, hotel attendants carried our luggages to the stairs. This is a new hotel so i expected it to be clean and i was not disappointed. Their rooms are clean and large giving enough space for our grand daughter to run and play to her delight. The tv was big, the bed was big, the sheets are clean, the toilet and bath is clean and large enough so i can't ask for anything more. The hotel does not have a swimming pool though but it's ok. Anyway, we went to subic for the ocean adventure and zoobic safari so the pool was not a setback. Location of the hotel was ok. Very near shops and restaurants. Breakfast was also included. Although the food was limited and very few choices its fine, its free anyway. The hotel staff also aranged a taxi for us for our tour the following day. All in all, staying with this hotel satisfied us and i will consider it again if i go back to subic....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Reservations via internet went smoothly with follow up emails being promptly returned. Check in went quickly and room met all expectations. Breakfast was included with room charge and was of limited selection but OK and enough to get the day started. Front desk was very helpful in assisting us to get a car and driver for a day tour of the area at a good price. Location is down a side street but still within easy walking distance of the new mall which has a good selection of shopping, food, grocery, drug store, etc.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Olongapo, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stayed here for a night with my Auntie and they really love the place. Staff greets you whenever you passes by and very accommodating in every request. The place is just a walking distance to harbor point ayala mall. They just need to improve the complimentary breakfast. I will surely recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Yes I would agree that rooms are huge, but not cozy, very basic not for romantic interludes, had to redeem points with agoda so I had to use it...stayed overnight as it was a quick weekend breakaway. Room clean and huge
it took us an hour before we could locate the hotel as the sign of the hotel was only in front passed the back of the hotel but the sign was ktv and spa so we never thought it was grand hoyah.
when we got to the hotel front desk told us room was ready. good we could put our bags in and have lunch, asked front desk if we could have another key as we were a couple and we might return on different times, front desk said they were not allowed and he told me we could leave the key with front desk which I did not do...
breakfast was funny beef pastrami with steamed rice or bread-not enough to fill you up for the day, but ok as it was free. there were only two girls doing the breakfast thing, so go when you wake up as it could be a long wait
asked for a late check out but front desk said they had a huge group coming and can't grant the request
Overall very not customer oriented, The only customer service people that was in the hotel was the security guards who was always there for the parking thing as it could be a headache if you got in late and no parking space was available.
the grand hoyah wa ok to sleep in but don't expect they would give in to requests as they have not showed me that aspect...room was ok clean and huge nothing fantastic, prices were good but then there were a lot of hotels in subic now. their neighbor was also new, mango valley...
There is also ayala mall now in subic with lots of restaurants
Would I go back? Maybe-for a quick trip but not on top of my list

Room Tip: have a meal at meat plus-perfect service and good service from staff-they will take care of you Lag...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We went there as a stopover on our day tour to Anvaya Cove. If you're at Manila Avenue, the hotel can't be seen along the road. There's a small cul-de-sac to your left (if you're driving towards Harbour Point), go through this and you will pass by the Mango Valley hotel which would be the one more visible from the road. The Grand Hoyah Hotel will just be beside it.

I booked a Family Deluxe Room (210) for me, my husband, our teenage and toddler sons and a Deluxe room (209) for my parents.

The hotel is fairly new and the rooms were relatively huge! The Deluxe room comprises of a king size bed and an L-shaped day sofa bed with center table while our Family deluxe room fits a king-size bed and a single one plus a dining table to fit two. I love the wooden floors which makes the room very homey.

The sheets were of fairly good quality, the mattresses were firm, the flat screen TV was quite big and they have wi-fi access!

The package includes a free breakfast but we were not able to avail it since we checked out around 4:30am the following day. I requested for a packed breakfast instead but they said their restaurant does not operate 24 hours.

Service was okey, everybody was friendly.

The hotel is just a few minutes walking distance to Harbour Point, Puregold and SM Olongapo. A Ministop is just around the corner.

The only draw back? They don't have a pool. However, since I specifically looked for just a place to sleep in, this is alright with me.

All in all, would we go back? Definitely (if having a pool would not be an issue).

Room Tip: The even numbered rooms have better view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

General excellent - internet did not work during my stay and the breakfast choice is limited to some strange Japanese choices - apart from that a very clean and good hotel

• Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

My first time in Subic after 7 years.  Chose this hotel mainly because it's new and and I wasn't dissapointed.  Got a Family Deluxe room facing canal side with balcony.  Room is very clean, spacious for 3 adults and 2 kids aged 11 and 12. Their extra bed is double bed size.  Sheets are clean and smells of good fabric conditioner.  The TV is a 40-inch (my estimate) flatscreen.  I like they provided an electric kettle for moments when you like a hot drink which I did use and works flawlessly.  Bathroom is spacious with well-thought out design.  Towels are also clean.  I didn't see a single dust or dirt in place.  Even balcony railing and outdoor tables and chairs are dust-free, as if they just cleaned it because we're coming to stay.

Reception said they were fully booked because of an international triathlon at that time yet I didn't bump into much guests on the hallways or at their restaurant which I like.  Front desk handled all my requests well.

The hotel is just around a 5-10 minutes walk from Harbor Point Mall.  It's a brand new mall by Ayala and has a lot of good shops inside.  I find that the shops carry a good selection of items than their counterparts in Manila, so shopping is great here!  There's a small Mini-stop store near Grand Hoyah for those small necessities.  And you can actually just walk towards Waterfront Avenue where most of the nightlife and restaurants are found.  I find the location convenient with ample parking unlike the ones at the bayside where you park on the streets.

Over-all, I have all praises for this new hotel.  Keep it up Grand Hoyah and congratulations!  Loved my stay with you!  Oh, and by the way, did I say their rates are reasonable?  Our Family Deluxe room was just Php3,750.00 good for 5 persons.  Thats great value for your money.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony. It will give you a nice spot to drink your coffee in the morning!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Marketing Agency at Grand Hoyah Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for choosing Grand Hoyah Hotel! We are working hard to exceed our clients expectation. Looking forward serving again soon!

Been to Grand Hoyah Hotel? Share your experiences!