“More like a resort than a hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Seorabeol Grand Leisure Hotel

You added Seorabeol Grand Leisure Hotel to your Saves list
Seorabeol Grand Leisure Hotel
Lot MC-9 Waterfront Road, Subic Bay | Freeport Zone, Subic Bay Freeport Zone, Luzon, Philippines   |
makati
“More like a resort than a hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

The hotel is strategically located along the street where other fine hotels and restos in Subic can be found. It is walking distance from the beach (though the beach doesn’t seem swimmable, just went there to take photos) and gimmick places like Pier One. Considering its location and its finer accommodation compared to inns nearby, it is relatively cheap. It has a pool, though water is freezing cold.

I don’t think I can call it a hotel, since it lacks the style and classiness of hotels, to me it is more of a resort. We got the junior queen room which is relatively spacious. We are four adults and it has plenty of space for us to move around. I enjoyed the bath tub since I was able to use it with my little girl, wasn’t able to use the pool with my child since the water is so cold.

The bed in our room is comfy, though the room has a certain smell in it, like a carpet has been wet and left inside the closed room. The staff are also friendly. Comes with buffet breakfast but definitely not worth your money, with only I think 4 viands to choose from (doesn’t even have bacon), tasty bread and spread, noodles, juice/coffee and fruits/sweets.

Coming back? Despite the things I said, yes. If you don’t want to stay in an inn/motel, yet doesn’t have money to stay in high end hotels, this is the place for you.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Seorabeol L, Front Office Manager at Seorabeol Grand Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
We take note of all your concerns. Thank you ma'am Sungirl89. We hope you could enjoy the pool next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Quezon City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

My family and I stayed at Seorabeol Grand Leisure Hotel last New Year's eve. The hotel was jampacked with hotel guests of different nationalities. We were booked at a de luxe room with a veranda facing the pool. The room is good enough for my wife and our 1 year old son, I also brought my son's baby crib and the room was so spacious. The pool is so big and we saw kids having a good and fun day in the pool. We were there during the New Year's day countdown and the fireworks was so great, it took 20 to 30 minutes. The hotel's complimentary buffet breakfast was heavy and we don't have to eat our lunch on time coz we are still full. I strongly recommend Seorabeol Hotel the best place to stay in SBMA!

Room Tip: Rooms with veranda is good and has overlooking view of the mountains.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you Sir jsamaniego35 for your very kind comments of the hotel. We hope see you cute son again.
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

This hotel offers a cheap yet comfortable stay whenever you are in Subic.
Receptionists are professional yet they are warm enough too to make you feel welcome.
Check-in was a breeze and you could easily text/call them on your mobile on your way to the resort for an even more fuss free arrival procedure.
Rooms were "okay". Although they are leaning more on the "dated" category, it is enough to have a commendable stay.
Their "saving" grace is their beautiful swimming pool.
Breakfast was filling but nothing fancy nor unforgettable.
Overall stay was just okay enough to merit another stay in the future.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you Ms. Myra P for your input.
Sta. Rosa, Laguna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Hi guys, just stayed here recently and here's my unbiased opinion...
Reservation:
Pro: Can be arranged via email or phone. The Sales Consultant (Marjs Zapanta) readily replies to your concern.
Con: None
Room:
Pro: My wife, young daughter and I stayed at the standard room. It has a tv (w/ cable), small ref and the aircon was cool (literally). Hot water in the bathroom is sufficient.
Con: This was actually the second room we were assigned in. The first one had a dirty toilet bowl and housekeeping had to clean it in a hurry. It's a good thing there was a spare room available.
Food:
Pro: Complimentary breakfast was buffet. The two mornings we stayed they prepared different sets. First morning we had fried rice, scrambled eggs, corned beef and boneless bangus. The second one we had fried rice, scrambled eggs, sausages and chicken adobo.
Con: Just don't expect fancy food, coffee is instant.
Staff:
Pro: Generally friendly including the guard on duty at the parking (I gave this guy a tip when we checked out).
Con: Almost nothing.
Pool:
It was raining hard and we were tired we never had a chance to swim on it. But the size is ok and the kids who were swimming seem to be enjoying.
Parking:
Pro: If you're lucky you can have a spot in the covered parking.
Con: Otherwise your car stays outside the vicinity of the hotel.

Room Tip: If you're on a tight budget the standard room is good enough.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
SGL S, Owner at Seorabeol Grand Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2011
Dear koydix83,
Thank you very much for your inputs Sir. We certainly hope to have you again soon.
Mandaluyong City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Our family of 6 arrived on the afternoon of July 29, 2011 to stay two nights in a "family room" The first inkling that we would have a problem was when the desk clerk informed me that we had been booked for only one night and the room was reserved for another on the following day. After showing my concern at this mix-up I was assured that our room would be booked for the original two nights. It was raining hard when we arrived, and to get to our room on the third floor annex we had to go through stairs wet from a leaking roof (I don't think there was an elevator). The room smelled of mold, the bathroom lights were so dim you could hardly see, there was no shower curtain, the sheets were dusty, the aircon in the main room did not work, the toilet seat in the main bathroom had wobbly lids, it had HAIR on the floor, and worst of all, there was a leak in the ceiling where rainwater fell on one of the beds! Needless to say, even as management knew that this room was to be occupied, it sure looked like NO ONE had entered that room for more than a month to ensure that all was in order for a guest's comfort. We left the hotel within an hour after arriving feeling disgusted at such inefficiency and lack of concern. Fortunately there were vacancies in the Court Meridian (formerly the Courtyard Inn) - a superior, well-maintained lodging just a few steps down from the Searabeol. This hotel needs a management overhaul.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
SGL S, Manager at Seorabeol Grand Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Dear Sir;
On behalf of the entire staff of the hotel, we wish to convey our apologies for the inconvenience which has been caused to you. We appreciate that you made us realize that we have lapsed in our services when you were assigned a room not in the desired state or that there was a mix up with the room assignments to begin with. The management has looked closely on this and prompt action has been taken. Still we express our heartfelt apologies for this regretful incident and assure you that such unfortunate experience will not occur in the future.

Respectfully;
The Management
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

I took my vacation back in Manila on May 14 and off to Subic with my family and pet shih tzu. We chose this hotel out of 2 hotels which can accept pet. We thought the place was nice with accomodating staffs. The swimming pool was clean and 'twas just the right place for a family. The foods are ok with us though. But we didn't get the full relaxation at night because our pet was not comfortable and tend to make a noise which was not allowed to stayed in our room that was put beside the guard post located at the car park. Shih tzu is a small breed dog, a very friendly and nonaggressive dog that used to sleeps with my kids, besides their bed. Sad to say that we agreed on this arrangement because it was too late for us to go back to Manila. I just explained to my kids that this was only for one night. We explained it with on duty receptionist but failed to get granted to let our pet to sleep for a couple of hours in our room. So what happened was, I and my wife stayed awake at the car park! to make our pet calm which was not use to sleep seeing people walking around. Until we decided to put it inside our SUV where our pet slept. I partly openned the window for ventilation. So finally I and my wife slept for a few hours and check out as early as we could. I understand that the hotel management didn't like to make any disturbance with other occupants but I hope they should have at least some consideration for small breed of dog and at least they should have researched it what is the personality of that kind of breed before making any decisions. It was also my fault to allowed it to happened. I thought of the noise that was made on that night should have disturbed other occupants already because their car park was under the hotel annex building. Only if they have just allowed us to brought our pet inside our room everybody would be in good sleep. Anyway I definetely like to stay there without our pet...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
sglsubic, Manager at Seorabeol Grand Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Dear Sir Vince;
We are sad to hear about your experience. Please know that it is not the management's intention to cause you any discomfort. Actually, we are not supposed to allow pets inside the room regardless of the kind of breed, primarily because of noise and allergies since not everyone can afford to be around dogs or any pet for that matter.
We believe your pet may have been accommodated at the guard station because of this.
Sadly this is the most we can do for now since the hotel do not have rooms with provision for pet care. Anyway, we hope this will not stop you from coming back.
best regard,
The Management
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

It was my first time to stay in subic for 3 days and it was really comfortable ( feeling at home to stay in seorabeol) with a very kind and accomodating staff, very nice pool that my daughter didn't like to go home anymore just like to swim, a very delicious breakfast and the place was just around the busy street of moonbay marina with a lots of restaurants and bars. It was such a happy family bonding in subic through the seorabeol hotel..i will defintely back in this hotel..thank you for accomodating us..

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
sglsubic, Owner at Seorabeol Grand Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
Dear Ma'am Ynez070;
Thank you very much for your very kind comments about us. It is our desire to make everyones' stay pleasant and we're happy to know that your's was.

For your future reservations, inquiries or anything we could assist you with, please contact :
SEORABEOL GRAND LEISURE HOTEL
Waterfront Road, Subic Bay
Tel: 63 47 2522765/2766
Fax: 63 47 2522764
Mobile: 63 9178361977 / 9285022253 / 9228521072
Email: sales@seorabeolgrandleisurehotel.com

Been to Seorabeol Grand Leisure Hotel? Share your experiences!