“Bug infested room” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Camayan Beach Resort and Hotel

You added Camayan Beach Resort and Hotel to your Saves list
Camayan Beach Resort and Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Camayan Wharf | West Ilanin Forest Area, Subic Bay Freeport Zone, Luzon 2222, Philippines   |
“Bug infested room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The location of the hotel is great but when we entered our room it had several large cockroaches that were running on the floor and furnitures. We killed several with our slippers and a hotel staff came back and sprayed the room with insecticide. Front desk offered to move us to another room but we we're too tired to do so - also was surprised that a room became available though they said all rooms were taken when we checked in.

The breakfast buffet staff were friendly. Food items served included hotdogs, relleno bangus, longanisa, scrambled egg, two types of breakfast cereals, rice, juices (apple and orange). There also was an omelet station. We were able to eat but in the back of our minds there's still the thought that the hotel is bug infested based on the previous night's roach encounter.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had a group outing way back May 2012. Sorry it's my late post...We love our cozy room with two queen size bed. They gave us complimentary soaps and towels to use. You can bring your own foods and water inside the hotel. We ate our buffet breakfast, many foods to chose for...The Resort located within the vicinity of Zoobic Safari and Ocean Adventure so you can witness some monkeys loittering near the beach. Personally I enjoyed my stay in Camayan Beach Resort and Hotel.I never been in swimming pool and fitness area but I guess I never need it that time cause me and my collegues were enjoyed at beach.

Many good views to capture around the hotel...I definitely would come back if I get some opportunity and trip in Subic again.

Room Tip: Chose room that near the beach...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Pasig, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We have been planing/looking to celebrate my toddlers 3 years old bday. Camayan was further on the list since its been 6 long years the last time we stayed. But it did meet the list we require for our kid.
1st: it has to be very accessible from Manila without flying. It only took us 1:30 from Balintawak to Subic.
2nd: as soon as you open your door...beach & water already. The sand is not white. Its lahar from Mt. Pinatubo but no rocks & very safe to ran around bare foot. A kid doesn't know nor care bout that YET. The water was clear & clean specially when the sun hits it
3rd: comfortable for a toddler & Lola without breaking the bank. We got the sea view with two queen size beds for 5,500 pesos with free breakfast.
4th: food was awesome. I remember it used to be very limited. Camayan definitely came along way.
Bonus: service was awesome. They made everything seamless & never expected it I guess.
To make my story short. We found our vacation spot with our toddler. If you are looking for a quick getaway & your kids just wanna play at the beach. look no further. With the money we will spend on flights to Boracay. Thats 3 nights or more already here at Camayan

• Stayed July 2013
Antipolo, Rizal, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Whenever we plan to go to Subic, Camayan is our go-to place for our swimming.
Has ample parking and is very close to the Zoobic Safari and to Ocean Adventure.
It's quite a drive from Subic proper, and the road getting there is rather isolated and need lots of lighting (really creepy driving there at night).

But the place is well worth the trip.

Checking in is a breeze, 2PM is the set time and they couldn't allow us an earlier time as the place was booked solid. Check-out's at 12nn the next day.

Their staff was really friendly and accommodating. They were fun to be around too and not at all awkward when dealing with the guests.

The Beach and Activities: During peak season the beach and the cottages are usually full, so better to not come then. The sand isn't white, but is a good light brown color.

Camayan is also a reservation of sorts so on the beach, you will see upright cylinders of chicken wire which serve to protect sea turtle nests. Those will be marked with dates as to when they were laid and when the due hatching date will be.
They are not trash bins. Much to our - sisters and me - consternation some of the guest threw their plastics into it. Maybe they should tell the guests to be more considerate of the wildlife upon entry into the place.

When you are there, just swim along inside their floaters with a snorkel and mask and you will find that they have a bustling marine life just a few breast strokes away. Bring some bread with you and swim to their floating platform and you can actually feed the fish.

They have kayak, jetskis and snorkel for rent.

Accommodations: The room we got was rather spacious. had 2 king double beds, a half-bath, mini bar, closet and a separate sink area.
The room was about 8000Php or so a night. Not bad, since it also comes with a buffet breakfast

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
makati philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

this is I think one of the famous place to stay in subic.the restaurant does not serve goodfood better if you bribg your own food or eat first before you go here or have your lunce or dinner someplace else.also make sure you dont leave your valuables in your room its better that you leave your valuables like jewelry in the reception.the facilities are ok and they have also a themepark right beside their resort.great if you have your family or kids with you.

• Stayed August 2012
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Went here for business trip and the staff are friendly, food is good (though very long wait to come) and rooms are clean.

Rooms are 2 single beds and the space is pretty big. What I love about this hotel is that this is just walking distance to Ocean Adventure. We also went to Ocean Adventure and pretty good show of dolphins.

When we had lunch, the problem is that the order is taking too long to come. We have to call the attention of the waiter and guests should be informed that order comes in 30-45 mins time. A mango shake is a must try.

During dinner, we met the owner. Very friendly.

Pool is dark and I think hasn't been properly maintained and cleaned.

Ocean for swimming is disappointing, also dark and nasty.

Overall, our stay is not bad at all. Ocean Adventure is a must!

Room Tip: Mango shake is a must try! Rooms are good for family.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My family and I made a day-trip to Subic Bay and decided to spend our day relaxing at the Camayan Beach Resort and Hotel. Although we are not guest, the resort allows non-guest to enjoy their beach for a fair price (maybe a bit expensive for locals). The wife and kids got a cabana and waiters were able to bring cooked food to us (you can also bring your own food/drinks). The beach is a decent size and the view was excellent.
I wanted to go scuba diving and choose this resort because they also have their own dive center with Aqualung rental gear. I was the only diver and the staff was GREAT!!! Being a diver from the US, being the only diver is quite a treat. The dive prices are fair (with rental equipment) and a bargain if you bring your own scuba gear, which I did. It cost 1400 pesos/dive with rental gear and 900 pesos per dive with your own gear.
Dive sites were wrecks and visibility was limited due to the "raining season." However, the divemaster (Jeff) was professional and made the dive more enjoyable. They also help my troubleshoot my regulator set since it was leaking. They let me borrow there gear since my regulator wasn't working.
The only criticism my family had was the food order took a long time (over 25-30 mins).

Room Tip: For divers: bring own gear to save money. Otherwise, rental gear is good.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Camayan Beach Resort and Hotel? Share your experiences!