“1 yr anniversary” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Westwood, New Jersey
“1 yr anniversary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

My boyfriend and I stopped at this restaurant a year ago when we first met. Although a bit surprised by valentines day decorations in January, we had a nice time and sat by a fireplace. We had a good and relaxing lunch. Soup and sandwich w fries. We came back one year later for a weekend in Cold Spring and had to stop here again. Drinks and wings (they say they are hot, but they are mild) The atmosphere is so inviting esp on a cold day with friendly staff, warm fireplaces and trains.

Visited January 2014

62% Recommend
Ossining, New York
“Spent a snowy afternoon at the bar with a friend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Great bloody marrys onion soup and great Angus burgers. Joan took very good care of us. Can't wait to return

Cold Spring, New York
“Great place to hang all seasons”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I love coming here in the winter because the bar has a cozy fireplace, and lots of nice people. The food is great, and the bar tenders are very welcoming.
Spring, Summer and Fall are very popular at this restaurant because of the outside eating area next to the train tracks, and the place is always spruced up for every holiday throughout the year.

Visited October 2013
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
“Outstanding Crepes and Tacos - Library Included”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

At the very end of Main St (heading toward the Hudson River) Conrail's trains speed past an old depot that has been converted into a restaurant and bar. What a kick. With plenty of parking (tough in this town) and some great outdoor seating the interior has books adorning some of the walls and if you're lucky you can get a quiet (almost private) table in a corner with book shelves at arms' length so you can browse while waiting for your order. I didn't expect much from this cozy pub but boy was I blown away!!!!! Had the chicken and Mushrooms crepes WOW with a great and delicate sauce , and the Korean Short Rib Tacos WOW again, served in individual holders for easy grabbing. Kudos to the chef!!! Along with the NY cheesecake and great coffee we were both surprised that this turned out to be such a culinary treat. Hate to say it (since I don't like crowds) but you have to go there!!! Total with 2 wines and 2 coffees was $61.00. Not bad for such a delightful experience. We’ll be back.

Note to management: servers should not decide on their own to disregard what you ordered and substitute what you have. Happened as my wife ordered fish tacos but got the Korean short ribs but would have been nice to advise before making the switch.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Nice Outdoor Space.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Loved the outdoor terrace with the trains rolling by, but they did have all sorts of containers, junk and things stored outdoors. Didn't notice till I looked at my photos the next day and saw junk all stored against the walls. I guess it was so pleasant I didn't notice it until I saw my photos the next day of what was in the background. Menu is very limited, fried pub food, but that's what we wanted, so it was fine. Service very friendly, dog and kid friendly. I'd go back. But this is no gourmet, simple, simple, simple, and sometimes that's all you need :)

Visited November 2013