“Beautiful building” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
“Beautiful building”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Had coffee here on the balcony. A really good start to our
Cold Spring visit. Great service and good views.

Visited April 2013

Hartford
“Almost a 5 - excellent food and ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Oui, oui c'est bonne! I'm not sure why this restaurant was ranked so low on Tripadvisor compared to the others in Cold Spring. The food was excellent - we tried the Flamenkueche (or tarte a l'oignon as some may call it from the Alsatian region), mussels with Calvados and scallops with spinach. Everything was cooked perfectly. The wine glasses were filled generously in contrast to so many other restaurants we dine at. While the service at the end of the meal was slow, I thought the waiters and waitress were quite attentive as opposed to what other reviewers wrote. Likewise, I thought the prices were reasonable. The ambiance was right out of a French bistro with the red tablecloths, napkins and red vinyl booths.

• Visited April 2013
Woodbridge, New Jersey, USA
“Decadent French Fare at a price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Le Bouchon in Cold Springs, NY is truly a unique find. It serves traditional, French fare with a twist. Meals are well prepared, and the staff are very courteous and knowledgeable. The waiter will spend time discussing the various menu items to fit your taste. On that note, the service is not quick but it’s done with care. We have arrived at 7:30 and left at 9:15 after a three course meal + desert. They also have great wine ($8-10/glass) and the waiter will assist in matching the wine to the meal. Each dish that I have tried was impeccable and brought back memories of my travels through France, when I was a teenager. It was that good. The lamb, the vinaigrette, and the rum sponge cake were memorable, decadent, and original. The ambiance is also nice, with soft lighting, and red motif. The downside was the price. A three course meal for two, with two glasses of wine and desert, ran $148, inclusive of 17% tip. Was it worth it? Yeah it was. However, this is not NYC, it’s Cold Springs. I am struggling with whether traditional French fare should really set you back this amount. That being said, I will say that I really did have a great time here. I just wonder regarding the appropriateness of the price.

• Visited March 2013
Mahopac, New York
“Used to Be Good!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This place was one of my Favorite places to eat in Cold Spring. Unfortunately not anymore. The Food is still good, But the service has gone down hill. Seating is a little tight as well on the weekends. Nice during the summer for the outdoor seating in the back, avoid sitting on the front porch to much traffic.

Visited October 2012
Hewitt, New Jersey, United States
“New Year's Eve, and once again--fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have been back to this restaurant a few times since my original review, and again, I was a travel agent for 25 years, so perhaps I expect more than the usual "traveler" and this place is utterly charming, delicious and the waitress went BACK with the salad I ordered because she felt it needed "more" and spoke up for us. Because of this interest, we tipped well, but again, I feel this place cannot be surpassed for a bit of European ambiance and RIGHT in cold spring.

Laurie