“Friendly Atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Somers, New York
“Friendly Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

My wife and I decided to go for breakfast after reading reviews in a area magazine. The restaurant is in a quaint Hudson River town and parking can be a challenge even on a cold snowy day. We were lucky and parked very close.
The restaurant is very bright and sunny and our waitress was very friendly. During the week this time of year it appeared it was mostly a local crowd for breakfast and the waitress seemed to know everyone which was good to see.
My wife had the eggs benedict which she said were some of the best that's she's has had and the portion size was generous. I had the sausage gravy, biscuits and eggs. Each entree came with potatoes. My meal was good but having grown up in the south the sausage gravy was not what I remember but was good and what I've have come to expect.
This is a very friendly and inviting restaurant to enjoy a relaxing meal.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Brooklyn, New York
“Good choice in Cold Spring”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Hudson Hil's is a nice destination for a laid back breakfast or lunch (after a weekend hike, for example). The place was busy, but we didn't feel rushed or hustled at any time and the service was generally quite good. There are some interesting options on the menu and the homemade chips that come with the sandwiches are delicious but quite salty. We went with the Reuben and Grilled Cheese (which, due to the fig paste, was quite sweet) and also got the Kahlua cheese cake. No regrets. The local theme continues with the beers - they have several NY craft beers on tap, which is pretty cool.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York
“Fresh food good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Fresh delicious food and good service. Pricey at $50.00 for lunch for two. My daughter had a burger and I had soup and salad.

Visited December 2013
Fishkill, New York
“This is the only place around to find GOOD breakfast food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I really love it here. They serve real farm fresh eggs (not nasty factory eggs!) and they offer delicious cocktails for breakfast too. The menu has a great variety to choose from-all of which I've had is delicious. They even offer real maple syrup and gluten free items if you're "one of those". They offer specials and when the weather's nice you can sit outside. I never go to diners anymore because the food is always so disgusting. Now I don't have to. It's refreshing to see a business do well, when you see how hard they work to do it right. Most people today really do settle for mediocrity, because they don't know any different...Bravo to Hudson Hil's

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Good Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I used to visit the town of Cold Spring frequently years ago. We returned recently and consulted TripAdvisor for a restaurant for lunch. We were not disappointed based on the recommendations for Hudson Hil's.

Our wait for a table was a bit longer than promised but our waitress quickly brought a bowl of soup for my hungry husband. A great bellini was a nice start to the meal. I had the grilled cheese sandwich, my husband the salmon BLT. Both were excellent and came with homemade chips. The service was quick and pleasant.

We hope to return soon to Hudson's Hil's.

• Visited November 2013