“Great value!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Clifton Park

Inn at Clifton Park
You added Inn at Clifton Park to your Saves list
Inn at Clifton Park
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   41 Fire Road - Old Rt 146, Clifton Park, NY 12065 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Clifton Park
New York City, New York
“Great value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

Stayed at the comfort inn in Clifton Park for the holiday season, Hotel staff was very friendly, breakfast was included, and they had nice clean rooms. Houskeeping was friendly as well.. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bangor, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

Let me start by saying that this Comfort Inn was comfortable and conveniently located for what I needed. But it did have some issues that could easily be addressed.

Check-in was easy and parking is convenient. Our room was on the second floor and the first thing we noticed was the odor of the second floor common area - it smelled smokey and somewhat musty. The room was clean and neat - we checked the bed first thing and did not see any evidence of dirt or critters (if you know what I mean). The air from the AC unit smelled musty on start-up and there was considerable visible dirt inside it. The room was dated, with an older style television that had standard cable (no guide or ability to order movies). The cable connection was loose causing some channels to have a low quality picture - I pressed the cable on tighter but it really needed a new connector. While there was a coffee pot, there was no fridge or microwave.

Other minor problems that popped up were room key cards that had to be reswiped at the front desk several times, inconsistent water pressure in the shower, and a broken ice machine on the second floor that had been partially taken apart but had no work performed during my three day stay.

One other thing - I needed to use the business center computer to print out an email but could not get it to connect to the internet. The front desk was busy on the phone and suggested I tell the maintenance person who was nearby. Unfortunately he was busy on his cell phone and wasn't much help. In the end I made other arrangements.

Now usually this would lead to a reccomendation that you pass this place by, but that's not the case. The things I mentioned were, in the grand scheme of things, minor issues (at least to me). The price here was lower than others in the area and the location was where I needed to be. It was clean for the most part and quiet at night. So all-in-all I would say that if you get a good price and can deal with the minor issues I've described, don't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
shelton, CT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

We made the reservation at 12:15 am on our way to Montreal to get some sleep. I did go to the wrong Comfort Inn I went to the Comfort Suites down the road. Wish I could have stayed there. Warning, this motel does not have an elevator. Hallway smelled musty and the room needed serious upgrading. We went to use the shower and there was mold on the shower head. I wanted to leave but we were so tired that we just stayed. The person at the reception was very nice and the breakfast was more than sufficient. The whole place needs an over haul. The vent in the dining area was covered with dust. I have really bad allergies and I woke up with my eyes burning. This was the first Choice Hotel that we have stayed at that we wish we hadn't.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Freeland, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

Breakfast was awesome, Rooms were very clean and very welcoming, Staff was very informative and very helpful

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

Enjoyed the races at Saratoga and stumbled upon this nice hotel . Great Pool. free breakfast

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

I stayed here this this past weekend. Everything was AMAZING!!! The staff was very helpful with giving us directions and a few good restaurants to check out. The room itself was fantastic. I don't know the last time I slept that good. Very quiet stay. The hotel was packed but noise was not an issue. We had to leave early in the morning and it was great to know that they are staffed 24 hours a day. We accidentally left our car unlocked all night and had no worry about anyone breaking in. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the clifton park area. They offer great rates even in the summer when the Saratoga Race Track is open. We made reservations for this summer at under $200. The Comfort Suites down the road wanted close to $300. I can't wait to come back!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
phila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2007

This Comfort Inn was the most affordable hotel I could find anywhere near-ish the races. I was pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff was cordial; the room clean. Linens were better than in many of this category of hotel ... no problems at all. Plus, free wireless connectivity, hairdryer, coffeemaker in room - And, though not listed on the website, there is a little business center with one pc and a printer in the lobby.

note: there is a fire station across the street - could be a noise issue if there's fire action.....no problem during my short stay.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Inn at Clifton Park? Share your experiences!