“OK” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #62 of 124 Restaurants in Clifton Park
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: An All American Grill featuring Baby Back Ribs, burgers, pasta and gourmet saladsA break from the chain restaurants, where parents can enjoy a great meal and drink will kids are comfortable with kid favorites. Modern decor and menu let parents feel like they are having a night out with out the 5 star expense and bringing the whole family.
Clifton Park, New York
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Giffy's is a cute family restaurant. It was cosy and warm. The food we ordered however was really quite average. The portion sizes (served on plastic plates) were smaller than most family restaurants, but thats actually not a bad thing since I don't like wastage. The salad bar was on a par with a Supermarket rather than a restaurant. The prices were really good, so I guess that needs to be taken into account when evaluating the whole experience.The waitress was lovely, but sadly service experience was ruined by the rude/arrogant cashier - I wonder also if she was old enough to work? - an unusual combination.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Saratoga Springs, New York
“Day old food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We visited Giffy's because of a Groupon discount. It was a Wednesday night and the place was dead. I now see why....The food they served was not cooked that day. My ribs were dry and crunchy and were obviously cooked a day (or days) before. What a disappointment. Even with a discount, I felt ripped off. I would never recommend this place to anyone!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Schenectady, New York
“Disappointed ...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We went to Giffy's looking for some authentic, delicious BBQ (which is difficult to find in the Capital District region). We were disappointed as soon as we walked in and there was no "smell of barbecue." Of course, this led us to wonder just how fresh the food would be. To sum it up, the brisket was all fat, the chicken was dry, and my husband said the pulled pork smelled like "Spam." My son said the ribs were "okay." Needless to say, we will not be back; hopefully this review will encourage others to save someone their money so they can have a good meal elsewhere. Side note, our server (a young lady) was very pleasant.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Saratoga Springs, NY
“Excellent buffalo wings!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

We just caught on to this place. One of our favorites now. We usually get some combination of ribs, chicken, pulled pork, and chicken nuggets. All good. Chicken was pretty dry last visit tho.

The wings - really good. Best in the area. They're not known for this, at least as far as I know, but they should be. Great wings.

Staff is friendly and fun. Very homey atmosphere.

This is now in our rotation of restaurants. Really like it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Albany, New York
“Great Atmosphere, but food needs to be improved”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

If my family were doing this review, they would likely award Giffy's a 4 or 5; simply stated, my family loves it and so I also go, but it would not be my first choice. The atmosphere is great and the staff are consistently very friendly. Giffy's is very informal and I think this is a big part of what makes it so appealing for my family. My family and I really enjoy the basket of Onion "straws" that we frequently order as an appetizer.

My bias is to traditional "smoked" BBQ and if BBQ were the lone consideration, I would go for Dinosaur in Troy or the The Pig Pit in Cohoes. Giffy's can excel in their Chicken BBQ which they prepare very similar to Brooks in Oneonta, NY. Unfortunately, the quality is not consistent and more often than not as of late the chicken has been very dry. The salad bar is Ok, but could be improved. I don't know if it is the temperature or what the cause is, but it seems as though the lettuce is a bit rubbery. Also on this most recent visit, the soup on the salad bar was pretty much chicken in flavored broth (the vegetables were gone). I did not complain about this because, it actually worked to my benefit - I was able to get flavorful chicken and the broth ensured that that it would not be dry.

The staff are great! This is both fortunate and unfortunate. It is fortunate because it makes the encounter pleasant; it is unfortunate because they don't get the valuable objective feedback about the food that they really could benefit from.

• Visited July 2012