“If you want to stuff yourself and not break the bank, go here” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #79 of 119 restaurants in Clifton Park
Cuisines: Chinese
Newton, Massachusetts
“If you want to stuff yourself and not break the bank, go here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

Empire Buffet is tucked away in the strip mall where Price Chopper and KMart are, and I never would have found this place if I wasn't driving through the parking lot. You can't see it from the road. It's practically hidden!

This Chinese restaurant gets four stars not because it's a four-star restaurant but because it exceeded my expectations for a buffet. There was nothing I was unhappy about. It's a comfortable family setting with quite a large dining area with tables and booths. Once the staff seat you, you can drop your belongings and hit the buffet bars which feature various rice, chicken, beef, and vegetable dishes as well as an assortment of fried foods. Then you have soup, sushi, fruit, desserts, and there is even a grill station. At the time there was no one at the grill, but it appears you can have things cooked the way you want and can add the ingredients you like. I literally could not decide what I wanted to fill my plate with first as there were plenty of choices. I found the sesame chicken to be especially delicious, though.

I believe the buffet rates vary on the hour of the day, and I paid the dinner rate, which is about $12. This is an extremely fair price for the amount of food available to you, including beverages. If you want to stuff yourself and not break the bank, go here. If I'm ever in Clifton Park again I'll be returning to Empire Buffet.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere