“Ahh the one price gurgle gut glory gluttony, gotta love it!” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #93 of 121 Restaurants in Clifton Park
Cuisines: Chinese
Colonie, New York
“Ahh the one price gurgle gut glory gluttony, gotta love it!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

First, I am certainly no big fan of the all you can eat buffets, most are sub par at best, as was this place. But when I find myself for whatever reason (almost always someone else is buying) at one of these food troughs, I sincerely try and make the best of it. I mean with so much to choose from, one must be able to find just a few decent food items to consume right? Well mostly. This place was just like most, large, open areas with several food islands. But there was a grill at this place, a very nice feature rarely seen at a one price all you can eat joint. Let's start with the basics, some un-breaded fish. They had salmon and some whitefish. The salmon was actually quite good, but there were mere scraps available and it was not replenished, even after asking, the entire stay (about 45 minutes). The whitefish, and I honestly do not know what type it was, had a translucency to it indicating under-cooking. Sure was, still slimy and wet, nasty enough to dispose of from mouth to napkin right at the table. So we see some crab legs in one small pan, they look like they have been soaking there a while, but there was a claw or two so I decided to try them. Well they sure were soaking for a bit, maybe from the day or day/day before. The shell was no longer a shell, rather a spongy rubbery impossible to crack substance. No need to go further here. We asked for some fresh crab legs, they obliged with a very small amount, and a vulture woman was somehow hiding her 300lb+ body behind a couple two by four columns waiting for the fresh legs to appear. Swoop! Most if not all the new fresh legs were on her plate and gone in under maybe 50-60 seconds.

The grill was actually OK, although all the proteins were missing from the dish prep selections. There was some beef of some kind, although it was two tone from where parts were exposed to air too long and started turning that strange 'grayish-brown'.

Would I come back to this place? Probably if it was on someone elses dime. Otherwise there are like 150 different eateries within 1/2 mile of this place......

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

albany ny
“Very good food but....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

While I thought the food and service was good the bathroom was disgusting. There was a sign on the bathroom door I think it was telling customers to go to the Price Chopper store bathroom which is located next door. The language on the door I think was French..I thought this was a little strange. The crab legs were very good.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Better off ordering Chinese from your local restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Ate here a few months ago and was actually impressed as I am not a big fan of buffet style restuarants. Was here last week and it confirmed why i DISLIKE buffets.....
First the place was dirty looking. Empty tables where customers left and still dirty dishes sitting out. The buffet was not being kept up. Many food bins were empty or near empty. Tried to get a clean dish and that took several attempts as many were dirty.
Service was awful. If you asked for anything (like a knife) you recieved an evil look like you were imposing on the staff.
Maybe it was just a bad day but I would avoid going back here in the future especially when it is not cheap at all. I think there are much better options in the area.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good as far as buffett places go”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Went in with no expectations as I'm not a buffet fan but it was surprisingly decent. Lots of choices.....everything from sushi, seafood, traditional asian dishes, soups, salads etc. Place seemed clean and kept up pretty well. Overall we were pleased. Good place for families, something for everyone.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Saratoga Springs, NY
“Save your stomach...don't go...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

I think I checked every review before I went to this restaurant - and still went in with no expectations, and as I write this my stomach is still rumbling in pain from the food and smell that I experienced at Empire Buffet. As we walked in, we were struck with a questionable seafood smell - but I didn't judge. The bad didn't stop at the door - There was so much grease on all of the food - and even the soda machine - I went to push the button and it was disgusting with grime. The other drink machines were splattered and gross. I found mold on a raw vegetable. Some food was served in weird disposable tin containers. The wait staff never cleared a plate or a cup, nor did they talk to us or ask how we were doing. But she did hand us a bill for $40 for 2 adults and 2 children. It was the most expensive cup of bad ice cream I've ever paid for. ..oh no - the ice cream macine...again gross. Everything my family experienced at this restaurant from food to cleanliness was subpar. I will not go back and I'm a diner, drive-ins and dives kind of girl.

I've never wanted to not pay for a meal until tonight. This is the first time I've ever written a restaurant review because as I left I swore I would warn everyone...

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere