“Just perfect for this hotel category” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Clifton Park
Certificate of Excellence 2014
La Prairie, Canada
“Just perfect for this hotel category”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We were on our way to NYC from Montreal and the weather was so bad we had to stop for the night in the area. Large, quiet and clean room, friendly staff and there's a small lounge if you're a gold or platinum member (never seen that before in an HI express). The included breakfast was great, lot of choices, food was warm. The only thing I would say was not perfect was the quality of the linens not exactly the same as other hotels of Priority Club. We will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HappyHoliday18, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clifton Park, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We value your opinion and are pleased you found the room spacious and the breakfast enjoyable. I will look into the quality of the linen and verify if anything in the brand standard has changed that I may not be aware of.

Warm Regards, and safe travels!

Patti Voska

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This hotel was a mistake for me this week - I stayed at Hilton garden last week and that place was great - This place has poor rooms for the price - the walls are paper thin - I can hear anything - I basically slept on the couch to avoid the noise.

Location is lousy too - not like the Hilton Garden

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HappyHoliday18, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clifton Park, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback. Please accept my sincere apology that your stay was less than expected. Please consider contacting me directly so I may be clear re: the noise problems you encountered and what steps my steps my staff took to rectify the issue for you. I appreciate how frustrating it can be when you are not able to have a good night sleep. We strive for 100% satisfaction and work to correct any issue that arises when given the opportunity and hope to hear from you.

Warm Regards,

Elmira, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I would like to take this time to express my experience at this HIE. Previously, I wrote a review about HIE@Latham. Not Good at all. This HIE went out of their way to make us feel like we were better off than at home. They were more than accommodating for us at this Hotel. Right from the minute we entered the office, we knew that the atmosphere was much better, just by the caring attitude of the staff members. Everything at this establishment was totally excellent, from the room, the service and the check-out. I am really glad that I went back to HIE and did not change after my last stay at Latham. I do stay at HIE on a regular basis, when I go out of town, and yes, we only had the (1) bad experience, so we are glad of that. The Latham HIE contacted us and wanted us to change our review, in return for them crediting our credit card for the MEAL Amt.,but we want true reviews when we travel and anyone looking at this for their trips, also would appreciate true reviews. Then The mother company contacted us to see what the problem was and what the establishment offered us for a fix. I contacted them back and have heard nothing back in about a month and a half. This was a better sleep than at home. Thank You Very Much to all Staff invoved at Clifton Park, N.Y., HIE

Room Tip: If you are going to stay at a HIE, choose the Suite over the regular room for the extra $20.00. You...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind remarks. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our staff. We do pride ourseslves in our friendly atmosphere and I am so pleased you sensed a difference. We look forward to seeing you back!

Warm Regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I had a conference in Saratoga Springs, but hotels are really expensive there, so I decided to stay around the area instead. This hotel was about 20 minutes from Saratoga Springs, but the savings were worth it. The hotel was clean and quiet. Had free parking, wi-fi, and a delicious breakfast in the morning with cold and hot items; everyday they serve something different. Overall I was very satisfied with the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is a great hotel for a stop over. We stayed here last night on our way from Maine to Niagara Falls. The hotel is convenient to the highway, near many chain restaurants for meals and of course great because it is near a Target!

The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The kids always love the Holiday Inn Express breakfasts, and that makes my life a little easier! The best thing about this hotel was the staff. Everyone was friendly and kind....wanting to make your stay pleasant. That makes a difference!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sharpsville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for three nights while on a business trip. Overall the stay was good. The bed is decent, except for the mattress pad with the vinyl inside of it. The room was clean, although you can see places that don't get vacuumed frequently, but by no means is it dirty. The A/C unit worked alright and is not too loud. The internet is free, and you connect via an ethernet cable which is already in the room. Check-in was a breeze. As a Priority Club member, I was checked out in advance with the bill slid under the door the morning I was checking out. That is always convenient.
The breakfast was good, and the breakfast staff SUPER nice, friendly and helpful. Give them a pay raise!
The hotel can be a bit of a challenge to find at first, especially at night, as the hotel is not on the main road. Follow the signs or a GPS, and you'll find it.
There are numerous places to eat within a mile of the hotel. One restaurant is directly across the parking lot, and there is a Chili's about 1/2 mile away, that you can get to using the side streets, thus avoiding the traffic on the main roads.
I would stay here again if in the area. It's better than average, but don't expect it to be a five star hotel. I experienced no problems during my stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

I' m a Marriott girl so was a little worried about staying here. I may convert! This hotel was REALLY nice, especially for the price. Very clean, large room with everything needed and a comfy bed. The free breakfast had a better selection than others I've seen lately. Nice staff. I would definitely stay here again. Great on / off for the Northway.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Clifton Park? Share your experiences!