“Not all that great” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 121 Restaurants in Clifton Park
“Not all that great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We've been here several times. During our first visit my husband ate in and ordered dinners. They were delicious and stayed hot throughout our entire meal. Our experience before this was a mess. We ordered cheese pizza, wings, and a dinner for me because I didn't want pizza. I ordered eggplant rollatini. When we got there they had given us a mushroom pizza and eggplant parm. Luckily I caught it before we left, so they made a new pizza and a new dinner. They told me 10 min, but it was more like 20-25. The salad that came with the dinner was not put in the fridge to stay cold, and the wings were just put on the counter. When the food was ready, I checked the pizza and the girl confirmed I had rollatini. I got my warm salad back and now steamed wings. I did receive an apology, but no discount or refund of any kind. When I got home, I did have the eggplant rollatini, but they neglected to give me the pasta that came with it. Very disappointing.
That was months ago and I didn't really want to go back, but last week we were out and my kids wanted pizza and this was the closest place. We ordered a small half cheese/half pepperoni and chose to eat in. $10.49 for a 14" half topping pizza. When our pizza was done, it was put on the counter next to some binders and a dirty rag that looked like it was used to clean tables. Luckily our pizza wasn't touching it, but it was still a turn-off. I took out the first piece and watched a ton of grease just pour onto the pizza pan. From what I understand greasy pizza is usually a sign of cheap cheese because it's made with mostly oil. It was ok, but there's better pizza available in the area.
Also, while the girl at the counter was very friendly, as people ordered a slice or two of pizza, I watched her pick the slices up without using gloves, after taking money. To me that's a huge issue, so we will not be coming back.

• Visited June 2013