“Cheap Pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Clifton Park, New York
“Cheap Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I wish I could have written decent pizza above, but that's impossible. The pizza here is simply not good, but it is super cheap. A 6 cut cheese pizza is $6 or so. 8-cut pizzas are not considerably more. The place is not all bad though. If you order the pizza with light sauce, you at least get something resembling a decent pizza. If you forget to say light sauce, you get what seems to be a marinara and cheese salad on a cooked dough. The good stuff here is everything else. They have tasty mozzarella sticks, decent wings, great fried ravioli, and sandwiches that are decent. The calzones are gigantic and my wife seems to enjoy them. If you want cheap pizza and want to avoid Dominos and Pizza Hut and their corporate garbage, then you could do worse than Pizza Plus North, plus you'll be supporting a locally owned business and the jobs that come with it.

If they were truly terrible, as a prior reviewer indicates, they wouldn't be so damned busy all the time. Delivery wait times are always at least 45 minutes, but often an hour and occasionally more, and I live extremely close to their location. I usually just pick up. They do not have an eating area and the place is very small inside. So small that if someone else is already inside picking up their pizza, you may have to wait before entering.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

% Recommend
Milton, Vermont
“I wish I could give zero stars”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I called for delivery. After I held for a while, someone came on and abruptly yelled at me to go! I ordered a small pizza and a salad with Italian dressing, and I was told an unintelligible amount of sixty something dollars and they hung up. I called back and asked them how they planned to deliver my food since they didn't get my address, and they said they never took my order and hung up on me. With service like that, it's a miracle they are in business. I took my small order across the street from my hotel, where I got an excellent pizza correctly made and they didn't pretend they never got my order when they screwed up. Stay far far away from this place.

Visited June 2013
Clifton Park, New York
“Great pizza, fast service & raspberry sauce :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I've ordered from here in the past, but my wife doesn't prefer their type of pizza (it's not NYCish enough) so we generally get our pizza from another Clifton Park pizzeria. On this night, the meal was just for myself and my daughter so I was able to indulge. I got a small cheese pizza, chicken fingers, wings and mozzarella sticks. The pizza was great as usual, not thin but not overly thick slices, just enough sauce/cheese ratio to satisfy. The chicken fingers I got for my daughter were thick and juicy and had a great flavor to them. The side of BBQ sauce was more along the lines of mild wing sauce and had quite the bite to it for being just BBQ sauce, but not overly bad. They offer mozzarella sticks with a choice of marinara sauce or raspberry sauce, one of the very few pizza places in town that offer the raspberry sauce. That alone is huge plus in my book. It seems they have no problem buying a jar of raspberry jam and heating it up into little plastic cups for their customers. This task is completely out of the realm of possibility at other pizza places in Clifton Park - still a mystery to me!! The mild chicken wings were plump and meaty and cooked just right with the right amount of sauce. They are completely take-out and delivery with nowhere to sit other than a couple of chairs to utilize while you wait for take-out orders. The times i've ordered delivery, it's always arrived quickly and the driver didn't get lost. Great place to try if you haven't already!!

• Visited February 2013