“Mixed emotions on that one...” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pasta Pane is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 119 restaurants in Clifton Park
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Plank Road
Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
“Mixed emotions on that one...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

A year ago I've been in this restaurant with my family, and we had a GREAT experience with the food and service! So... with that in my mind, and being in the area, I went there again last week.
Well - the place was packed (always a good sign...) and all looked appealing and clean > very promising start :) same with the Excellent ciabetta bread that was so good! and the Caesar salad I had: very nice twist they have... I've asked about the veal dish which was recommended by the waiter, so decided to go with it. Well - I've got a dish that looked good, however, was sooo salty that I had difficulties to eat. I taught that maybe too much salt was dropped at that area of the plate (by the chef - I didn't add any salt) but as I don't like to complain I actually tried continue eating. I actually just wasn't able to continue eating and left a half on the plate (yes - I managed to get to a half plate...). When the waiter picked up the plate and asked about it, with my frustration, I mentioned: it was salty... For my surprise, the head waiter arrived and told me he heard I wasn't happy, and asked if I want something else. I told him it's OK so he brought me the check, and told me he removed my entree from the bill and apologized again. I admit I was expecting that, but still was happy he did it. I AM planning to give them another chance, as I do think that it was a local incident and still believe it is a great restaurant! The cleanliness and service showed me this place truly respect it self and its patrons! Will update when I'll be there again (probably within a couple of weeks :-) )

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

60% Recommend
“The best Italian food in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

My family & I eat here (whether its takeout or sitting in) at least once a month. My parents are incredibly picky when it comes to eating out Italian food & this is one of the only places they will go. The service & staff is always very friendly & we are never disappointed with our meals! I'm always recommending this place to my family & friends.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband and I went before Christmas and were pleased. The specialty cocktails are delicious. We each ordered a salad and a half pasta portion which is a great option! Food was very good. Service was nice but nothing special. Our waiter didn't really make eye contact which was kind of weird and he left us waiting a couple of times. What I liked most was we purchased $50 in gift cards for holiday gifts and received a $25 bonus certificate to use! We probably will visit one of their other restaurants. We like Pasta Pane and will most likely go back, but not anytime soon just because we prefer other areas instead of Clifton Park.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ballston Lake, New York
“Small plates! Yeah!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I like the food here but I especially like that I can order a half order. It is excellent Italian food. Rich, often creamy and usually pasta. If I had too much I would feel awful when I left. The salads here are very good! I get a salad, half order of pasta and a glass of wine. When I leave I feel satisfied, not stuffed! This is my favorite restaurant in Clifton Park. It is locally owned and not a chain.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Hippest place in Clifton park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is suburbia so hip ness is really not
Happening but this place is the closest
Excellent food in a loud fun atmosphere
Staff is consistently over achieving