“An "Entertainment" find and a real jewel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 121 Restaurants in Clifton Park
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Warrensburg, NY
“An "Entertainment" find and a real jewel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We went because we were on our way to Proctor's Theatre in Schenectady and they were in the Entertainment Book. The place has changed since the other reviews listed. Apparently a deck was changed into a dining area, which was lovely and looked over a little pond with geese swimming. An unusual building, but very charming. The staff was fun and very helpful. Our food was fantastic, the lamb kabob cooked to perfection, not dry and just a little pinkish in the middle, the way I like it. The wine list was very nice and all in all we had a great time, and will go back. The mango ice cream at the end was the very best, almost worth going back just for that.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Middx London
“Don't bother!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

Whilst staying with friends in nearby Albany they were keen to try this Indian Restaurant. It was so un Indian to be unbelievable. It seemed to be all about piling the plates with as much as possible so that you ended up taking home more than you ate! There was no atmosphere and the decor was awful. The food didn't taste of anything but a bowl of gloop ! My friend had tandoori chicken and was delivered with a whole one on her plate which looked as though it had been dragged there! The accompanying vegetables has certainly seen better days and looked as though had been cooking all day.
I love Indian food and had been looking forward to this meal however although reasonably priced it wasn't all that it been made out to be. I certainly would not recommend it to anyone and I don't think my friends will go back in a hurry either

• Visited September 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Expensive!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011 via mobile

I went with my husband for the first time to try the lunch buffet. There were no customers and the host had to stop watching the foootball game to sit us. The food was very well made and I really liked how we got our own naan for the table. The chicken tikka masala was very tender and delicious. When we got the bill we were shocked by how expensive the buffet was...15 dollars per person! I'm sorry but there was nothing about that buffet that made it appropriate to charge 15 dollars. You can go to Albany and get the same type of buffet for half the price. Unfortunately we will not be returning.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Reynoldsburg, OH
“Look Past the Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

My husband and I went to Zaika to hear a band that he likes. We were told that the food was great. And it WAS. They were undergoing construction, so the deck was configured a little strangely (and I couldn't imagine trying to sit in the dining area), but the food was everything that was promised. we had a combo platter and the vegetable kofta (a personal favorite). The server assured us that most of his customers had not been able to finish the amount of food that is on those 2 plates. My husband and I finished all of it. No room for dessert and just enough for the both of us with rice, nan and beverages. Too bad we don't live in the area.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glenmont, New York
“Good food, but the place could use a good cleaning”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

This restaurant has always had very delicious food, but on my last visit, it really looked dirty- everything from the landscaping to the chipped paint on the walls needed some polish. There was a tv blaring in the back room instead of music. The waiter didn't write down the order so he brought the wrong dish. Since the restaurant is more expensive than most, I would expect a really great presentation as well as great food. It is also a little hard to find!

• Visited May 2011