“How Best To Spend Your Nights In The Thousand Islands” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clayton
Clipper Inn
Save Saved
You added Clipper Inn to your Saves list
126 State St, Clayton, NY 13624   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Clayton B&B and Inns
Geneseo, New York
“How Best To Spend Your Nights In The Thousand Islands”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I went a couple weeks ago with my 300 level field experience class to the Clipper, for a study on Bed and Breakfasts in the Thousand Islands. I called the Clipper the day before hoping to schedule a meeting with the owner, and he was more than happy to oblige. The owner of this Inn, Michael, was incredibly courteous when we met, and extremely knowledgeable regarding my topic. Upon entering his restaurant, we were overwhelmed by its high class atmosphere, while still feeling very welcome. We sat down in the bar area, and he gave us a talk about the history and business of the thousand island motels for at least 45 minutes, without asking for so much as a cent. We were so impressed, the next day we visited again, this time for dinner, which was absolutely fantastic. Michael came out and thanked us for coming several times, while we thanked him for his delicious entree's - I got the sirloin steak, cooked to perfection, with the best mashed sweet potatoes I've ever had, split a bottle of wine, and topped it all off with an Irish Whiskey. Definitely a night to remember!

A few notes: They also have solar panels on their roof to help provide green energy, always a plus, and their staff were very well trained and professional at all times.

My recommendation? Go.
-Rich

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Auburn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The rooms are simple -- clean, comfortable, everything you need, extremely affordable. You can easily walk into town, to the waterfront, out to breakfast. The attached restaurant was amazing. We arrived late on a Friday, and I couldn't understand why the parking lot was so packed so early in the season. Turns out, the restaurant is a destination in itself. the entire experience was terrific in every way.

Room Tip: My second visit here, both rooms were fine. I had a room with two beds, but I know they have some w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Exton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Clipper Inn while attending the antique boat regatta in Clayton, N.Y. The room was beautifully decorated and impeccably clean. The outside is old fashioned victorian like with adorondak chairs, very quaint. We stayed there in 2002 before the rooms where done over and we were quite pleased with the new rooms. Also, the price is very reasonable. Not to mention there is a great restaurant on the premise .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
massena
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I found this motel to be a great surprise. VERY CLEAN and UP TO DATE.
The Interior of the rooms surpasses the outside exterior. GREAT VALUE and so close to the Beautiful St Lawrence River in Upstate New York.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Clipper Inn? Share your experiences!