“You get what you pay for” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Clarence Inn

Save Saved
You added The Clarence Inn to your Saves list
The Clarence Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   9079 Main Street, Clarence, NY 14031 (Formerly Judy Ann Motel)   |
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Clarence
“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Sheets were not the cleanest. Needs a lot of updates but had the basics. Bed was comfortable. Sheets and towels very worn and shower head sprays everywhere. Otherwise fair price and close to everything.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Booked a room.... was there all week. She asked if we wanted to stay. I said yes was told I had to check out and come back. ... fine... owner lied about availability. ... checked online and had a friend call.... are you upset I got my period in your sheets? Or are you mad I'm a stripper? Either way the owner lied as to why she kicked me out... we did nothing wrong beware of their fake niceness ....don't stay here. ... get an ice machine and maybe be more cordial to your guest. After all we make your business.

• Stayed May 2014
Diana H, Owner at The Clarence Inn, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
i regret that that you felt mistreated at our property. as the owner,i must make discretionary decisions when i feel that there may be inappropriate conduct occuring on our premises. this is neccessary for the safety and well being of all guests.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

The Clarence Inn is a little off the beaten path, on other words not near I 90.
The owner was very friendly and helpful, as others have said.
Our room was very clean. It is an older motor court type of place. The bed was small( a double) but the mattress was good. Our room had a TV, microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker. My husband said the refrigerator motor kept him awake.
The water in the bathroom sink did come out with great force, too much. The other thing about the water is, it took about 5 minutes of running for the hot water to come on.
The room price was hard to beat and overall we were pleased.

• Stayed April 2014
Diana H, Owner at The Clarence Inn, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. this is of great value to me as the owner and to future guests. it is our goal to offer all guests a quality stay for the value of what they pay. come back an see us again!
diana
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

My apologies... I stayed Thanksgiving eve 2013, and am just doing the review now... Overall, with only 2 issues, I was quite content with my stay and would recommend this motel to the thrifty budget conscious traveler. Those for whom ambience and amenities are necessities, STOP reading this review... there is no ambience and there are no amenities... Yet, for a relatively economical price, you get a clean decent sized room with extended stay capabilities: fridge, stove, cupboard, dishes, etc. In fact, the nice sign outside advertises "extended stay" and I rather suspect ownership would like to cater to that trade, but does accommodate single-nighters and so forth, as they did me. Now, this place is very much a "work in progress;" a small motel of maybe 15 units or so, it has been here for years.. Decades.. Maybe back to '50s/60s... I met the owner, a lady very much in the entrepreneurial spirit, who has changed the name and is engaged in extensive renovations. And here is the first negative - not a biggee for me. The motel is shaped in an inverted "L" with a separate main building in the left open area... It is being renovated with open baseboard front showing, chewed up front yard with a few construction vehicles scattered around... Hmmm.. Did I mention ambience, earlier? Lol... So, if that's a necessity for you, move on... The room itself was very clean, quite warm (yes, we had a lot of snow), and for me - very important - one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in for years! Rm 111 ... I am a local by the way, and can assure you that despite its rough appearance, you are situated in one of the safest areas in the Buffalo metro area... Clarence is an affluent suburb with roots going back to rural German immigrants in early-mid-late 1800s... Now, the social register runs the gamut from farming, working class, lower-upper middle class and includes teachers, doctors, lawyers, sports celebrities, etc. There is a New York State troopers station mile and a half down Main St. And a Erie County Sheriff's Office another mile down in the town park... There are several 24-7 convenient stores and do-nut shops within a half-mile radius. AND 4-5 minute drive due west on Main intersects with major drag - Transit Road - which has several miles of big box stores and malls... The location is GREAT.. everything you could want pretty much,... Now, about those night lights... Lol.. At night driving by, the night lighting unfortunately has a slightly Bates Motel creepy look,,, put in some colored lights - mix up the colors - make it more festive - dress the old girl up..
Finally, my major most serious criticism is the cable TV: for a short term one night or so, well,, so what right? But for extended stay people, having only about 20 channels, most of which are shopping or religious is a definite red flag, although I did manage to catch the Thanksgiving flying turkey re-run episode of WKRP in Cincinnati. For sure, I would book again for short term, but for extended stay, the bottom tier cable package or whatever it is, could well be a deal breaker, unless I had a lot to keep occupied otherwise. I would upgrade that cable package and make it a bit more attractive.

Room Tip: Rm 111 had great bed for sleeping
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Diana H, Owner at The Clarence Inn, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
I appreciate your feedback. Please come and stay with us again!
Wurzburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is a nice place to spend the night. The rooms are clean and quiet and the owners were friendly. The value for money is great! It is about an hour to the niagara falls which is a nice daytrip from there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Diana H, Owner at The Clarence Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thanks. Hope to see you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for 5 stars head to the Ritz. The rooms are reasonable, comfortable and clean with friendly service. Clarence Inn is a great choice.I had stopped at 3 bargain hotels in Clarence and chose the Clarence Inn. I definitely stay again

• Stayed August 2013
Diana H, Owner at The Clarence Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your favorable review of our property. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you will come and stay with us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I spent 3 nights here and it felt like I was living with a long lost aunt from Diana. She was so nice and helpful making sure that an asian small girl like me, first time to ever see a snow will have all my needs taken care of. Elie was very helpful too making sure that my internet was working fine. I will definitely go back and recommend this place to anyone. Great value for money, great people willing to help out!

• Stayed March 2013
Diana H, Owner at The Clarence Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
I am so glad that we were able to make your stay feel like home. You were a joy to have as a guest and I hope we will see you again the next time you come to town.
Diana

Been to The Clarence Inn? Share your experiences!