“Impressive, especially for Buffao” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Toronto, Canada
“Impressive, especially for Buffao”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Booked a night for my wife and I through Priceline. A little more expensive than my normal bids for the Millenium, but the return was amazing.
Check in was incredibly smooth and pleasant. We were one of the last checkin's of the evening, and the young lady offered us a free upgrade. Don't know if it was my incredible charm, the fact my wife was pregnant or they just didn't have another room for us, but it was a pleasant surprise and something I have not been exposed to when booking thru a third party website.
The king suite was spacious, with two large flat screens, a dvd player and a nice sitting area. The kitchenette was nice, looked new and was well stocked. We did not use the jacuzzi tub and its a little weird having a tub in your actual bedroom but my wife said that's just the style, not necessarily a knock on the suite design. The room was clean. A little rust around the tub drain but that's just being picky.
The continental breakfast was continental but the sitting area in the lobby was very nice and had lots of room. We didn't use any of the facilities but it looked like it had a nice pool, there was a basketball court and a putting green.
The location is a bit out of the way for our normal shopping routine but you are a 10 min. drive to the airport. Close enough to Walden and Boulevard.
I'm not sure what the rack room nightly rate is for this hotel but I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Mark P, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback! I always enjoy reading reviews for people that come here and discover us for the first time! Of course all of us here are pleased you folks enjoyed the stay. After talking with our staff it turns out, it was your charm that got the upgrade! :) Our rates are always affordable and I hope we get to see you folks again! Thank you once again and I hope this note finds you and finds you well.

Staybridge Suites Buffalo/Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Mississauga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed here before our early flight out of the Buffalo airport. Staff were friendly upon check-in. We had a room with a double bed and a pull out bed. The pull out bed was pretty uncomfortable, but it was only one night. We thought we were going to get two actual double beds. They had a nice kitchenette, that included microwaveable popcorn, coffee, tea and dishes and cutlery if necessary. We did not have an opportunity to take advantage of the hot breakfast because we had to get to the airport early. But, what we did like a lot was the fact they had take out breakfast bags which you could fill with fruits and granola bars. This was helpful so we did not go hungry. The shuttle service going to the airport was quick and efficient. Parking was included in our deal. The parking lot was full when we got there and we were told to park anyplace we could find a spot. In the morning, we moved the car to an open spot as the lot had cleared out a bit. The shuttle bus coming back from the airport we did have to wait about 30 minutes. The courtesy phone in the airport does not connect directly to this hotel. I tried to use a pay phone at the airport but it ate my money. Therefore I was forced to use my cell phone (I'm from Canada so not just a cheap call). They said the driver was already on their way dropping someone else to the airport and would come by afterwards. The drive back to the hotel was fine. The hotel staff were extremely helpful when we got back to our car to find our car battery was dead and the maintenance guy gave us a boost. Personally, in future, I would prefer to book a hotel closer to the airport, but we did get a good price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Mark P, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write the review! We appreciate the fact that enjoyed your stay! I echo your thoughts on the parking, the great news is that our ownership group is addressing this small issue and moving forward that will no longer be a concern! Thank you again for staying with and we all hope that we get to see you again!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

This is probably the very best hotel in Buffalo! For last 8 years I have been to so many hotels in Buffalo, nothing could come close to this. Simply awesome. The real gem in this border city. From now any other hotel will be 2nd best! I will give it a 4 and 1/2 star rating in fact. Just got lucky via priceline as it almost cost me less than half of the original price. Breakfast is excellent. The only negative aspect I can recall is limited parking space, otherwise this is by far the best choice in Buffalo!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the amazing review! As I am sure you have read on other reviews, I am always stressing how our entire team simply wants to make every stay, for everyone, the very best it can be no matter what it takes. I am proud that we were able to accomplish that for you! Your concern about the parking is noted, of course and the great news is that our ownership team is addressing the issue and moving forward this should no longer be of any concern! Once again thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you again!

Springville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I rarely write online reviews, but after our stay here felt I needed to. We booked one night for a family getaway/swim night. Check in was fast and very friendly. We then went to the pool, which was a bit on the chilly side. I went to ask if there was anything they could do and the girl at the front desk said she would send a manager right down. Within minutes the manager (didn't get his name) was down and checked things out and was nice enough to turn up the pool heater. Very accommodating and wonderful experience- they really go out of their way for the customer. Don't hesitate.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
It was really a pleasure to get to meet your whole family and I am happy we were able to get that pool just right for you! I can't begin to tell you how much our whole team enjoys reading the reviews of folks like you that appreciate the hard work and effort they put in each and every day. Sometimes things don't go as planned, like the pool temp for you, but the great thing is, you let us know, gave us the opportunity to make it right and then you acknowledged it. I thank you for that as it really makes a difference to all of us on the team. Looking forward to seeing you all again and I hope this note finds you and finds you all well!

Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel at least 10 times. I cannot say enough good things; from the staff to the rooms to the breakfast, everything was amazing. Our room was usually upgraded at no cost. They used to offer a "walk-in" special which allowed us to afford to stay here. Unfortunately, they no longer offer this discount and we are forced to book elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Mark P, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Airport, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Cindy thank you so much for all the kind words! To be honest I have no intention of having a member of our Staybridge family going anywhere else, so I would kindly ask that you call me at the hotel directly when you are coming down or are in the area looking for a place to stay. I will personally make sure that you are able to stay with us, each and every time! Once again thank you so much and I look forward to your return, back here where you belong! All my best,

Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We booked this hotel from a third party website, and when we showed up the hotel did not have our reservation. The hotel staff was very professional and was able to get us a room quickly while the issue was being resolved (not the hotel's fault). We were impressed by the rooms (good layout), friendliness of staff, cleanliness, and awesome manager's dinner reception which we were able to catch - fajita night - simply delicious, the kitchen staff were amazing and very personable. The atmosphere downstairs while eating supper was amazing, nothing I've experienced before in a hotel setting - kudos!
In the morning we were able to enjoy the lovely continental breakfast before hopping on the the shuttle to the airport - prompt and professional service throughout.
Very impressed with this hotel and all staff! Will DEFINITELY stay here again.

P.S. Mark, San Juan was beautiful! :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Mark P, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Airport, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
I am so glad to hear everything went so well for you! Now that you are a part of our family down here, please know that when you are ready to come back all you need to do is give me a call directly and I will get you set up! Thank you for mentioning our kitchen staff! That is the hardest working F&B crew in the business! Lastly I am so glad to hear you thought San Juan was great! As you know, it is one of my favorite spots in the world! Thank you again and looking forward to seeing you again!

Chania Town, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Finding myself in the Buffalo area and looking for a room in the middle of the night, to say that I was a little apprehensive would be an understatement. I did not expect to find anything too amazing at the Clarence Staybridge Suites. Man was I wrong!! From the moment you enter the hotel you get that family feeling. Customer service was impeccable. From my world travels I knew instantly that the training here must be top notch and that the staff was on top of their game. Mark, the manager, sets the bar very high for all hotel managers. He truly wants to make your stay a great one and his authenticty is impressive. If I owned hotel chains, I now know where I would find the expert to run my business.I had a minor cleaning issue in my room and he made sure everything was resolved immediately. The rooms are very well put together and logically planned out. I had no problem with hallway noise or neighboring rooms. The airport shuttle was super fast and the driver was very helpful. They even dropped and picked me up from Applebees down the street.

The hot breakast buffet was extensive and very filling. I saved time and a bundle of cash by starting my morning with the free breakfast. The only thing I would add is a non pork option for the breakfast. The meat choices were limited each day to bacon, ham etc..It's 2014, two major religions and health conscious customers stay away from the pork. By the way they also have a Manager's night get together with drinks and appetizers..Once again truly impressive.. Did I mention that Mark cooks the wings....Unbelievable!!

Overall, I stayed on and off for a week total. Strangely enough every day I found myself extending with Scott at the front desk. He was super professional and always had an answer for any of my concerns. Simply amazing..The word I look for in a great hotel is value...and this Staybridge topped the charts with quality value. Whenever, I find myself in the buffalo area..I know exactly where I am heading..the other choices simply don't compare.

Room Tip: The tried floor was quiet. Internet was adequate on the 3rd floor but stronger when I stayed on the...