“Wow! Especially on Wenesdays.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 100 Montaditos (176 Bleecker Street)

100 Montaditos (176 Bleecker Street)
176 Bleecker Street, City Island, NY
(786) 787-6874
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Spanish, Tapas
New York City, New York
“Wow! Especially on Wenesdays.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We went here after our neighbors' raves. Glad we did.

This is a Spanish place from that sells mini sandwiches on various mini rolls. The there are 4 categories of price. $1.00, $1.50, $2.00 and $2,50. There are greats bites in each.

Everything from Serrano ham to hot dogs. The place is very popular with NYU students and locals a well as tourists.

One of the great things here is that everyone who works there is ultra friendly and good at what they do, from the cashier/order taker to the kitchen staff and waiters.

Wednesday is specially popular because every sandwich is $1.00, imported beer is $3.00 (normally $5.00) for a 16 ounce draft. Wine is $2.00 (normally $4.00).

Don't just sit there, go to the website and you will be stunned by the bargains galore.

Oh, and try the ham with blue cheese and strawberry jam. Sounds weird, tastes wonderful.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“nice spot with outdoor seating serving tasty sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Yummy little sandwiches with plenty of choices to choose from. The sample menu helps with good selections if you do not want to go through the 100 choices. Lot of vegetarian options. Sangria was good, refreshing and cheap, although I have tasted better ones. I tried also the dessert options and they were absolutely delicious!!! Nice space with tables outside. I went there in the winter so I wonder if the tent roof will be opened in the summer. There seems to also be an additional space fully outdoors, so I am looking forward to going back in the summer. Not many tables overall and I am not sure if they take reservation. I went for an early lunch but I would expect a wait during peak hours.

• Visited February 2014
Madrid, Spanje
“My favorite Spanish food-chain came to New York!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

100 montaditos offers 100 different little baguettes for low prices! It is like eating tapas of bread with different fillings! I love freshly baked bread and can really enjoy the different flavors of bead and spreads. Living in Spain I often (weekly) visited these restaurants. I was really surprised to see one in New York while we were on the hunt for CupCakes in Bleeckerstreet. It appeared that they just recently opened. I am sure it wil be a huge success in New York!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Spain: Fast Food Tapas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I had heard about this chain, so when they opened up in NYC, I figured I would try it out?
They offer these little sandwiches with different fillings. The bread - mini baguettes - is to die for: ice crust and soft interior.
They menu is driven by price, so you can choose $1, $1.50, $2.00, $2.50 and $3. Pretty straight forward.
I ordered, the Jamon Serrano, the Spanish tortilla w/aioli and chorizo and an order of fries. The fries were super delicious and crispy (coated with corn starch)?.
Great value and great space. Try to get a bistro table up front, the back is a bit too noisy, but they serve your table in the back. Up front they call your name and you collect your order.
Service was a bit slow? It's proximity to NYU makes it a go to place for cheap eats, so definitely a younger crowd.
Would absolutely go back.

• Visited January 2014