“Over Rated Over Priced” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Bronx NY
“Over Rated Over Priced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

My husband and I decided that we wanted to go to Arties on city Island I've never been there and heard that the food was great. But I was so dissapointed. The menu is very limited. The busboy came out and gave us some bread that was ice cold. Our waiter finally came over and was very hyper, We gave our order and was first served with the salad. which was okay. We didn't even get to finish our salad when our food arrived. My husband ordered chicken francase that came with rice and I ordered Chicken Parm that was served with spagatti When I saw my dish I was even more disapointed there was a huge glob of mozzerlla cheese that smothered the chicken that was also drowned in tomatoe sauce I acutally had to take off all the mozzerlla to get to the chicken that was underneath. The side order of spagettii wasn't even aldente, I wanted to complain but never had a chance to because our waiter did a disappearing act. The waiter never came back to the table to ask how everything was 0r did we need anything. I didn't even eat half of what was on my plate.again the busboy appeared and took the food away then our waiter reappeared and asked us if we wanted desert we both said no we just wanted the check and again negelected to ask if we enjoyed the meal. The bill was expensive for what we ordered everything is alacarte. The bill including tip was around $50.00. Its a good thing that we didn't order desert or it would have been more money. I have to say I will not be missing anything special if I don't go back to Arties.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Woodlawn Hghts. n.y.
“Never fails to satisfy.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

My wife and I stopped off for lunch two days ago . We ordered the broiled filet of sole with rice in a light butter sauce and it was excellent. We also had clams on the half shell and they were cold and scrumptious. The glass of house chardonay complimented the meal beautifully. So relaxing and enjoyable. We will be back.

NorthEast
“Pleasant and one of the Better Places on the Island”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

Artie's has been a favorite for a few years now. It is one of the very few places on the island where you can take your family, a freind or date and be served in a comfortable environment. The menu and specials lean toward Meditteranean. They are good portions and include sald and bread. There are two seating areas - the main dining room which is often crowded with table and booth seating. There is a smaller room with linen table coverings and more subdude lighting. The service is average with no complaints. Pricing is from $18 - $25 per entree and portions are sufficient. All the seafood entrees ordered were prepared well and served warm to hot.