“A fun place with a variety of things to do” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Attractions in Cicero
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Whether you are visiting the Syracuse area or are a resident, Big Don's is a great place to spend an afternoon with your friends and family while enjoying a unique combination of 9 fun activities that appeal to children and adults. We offer a modern Miniature Golf course built in 2004, Outdoor Laser Tag (Battleground), Giant Amaze'n Maze, Squirt gun battles in the maze, Rock Climbing Wall, three discovery activities (Gemstone panning, treasure digs and coin hunts)and bounce house plus soft service ice cream, beverages and snacks. We offer birthday parties and group rates for qualified groups. We have available seating and free parking. We have per activity rates and packages available for those wanting to enjoy more than one activity per outing.
Syracuse, New York
4 attraction reviews
“A fun place with a variety of things to do”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Great for everyone! This is a summer staple for me and my (now recently) husband. They have mini golf, a maze that also has the option for a water gun fight, rock climbing (for kids), gold "mining", some kind of metal detector activity, and a REALLY COOL laser tag area outdoors. There are picnic tables and a pavilion available for rent.

I've done a few of these activities, but not all. The mini golf is basically the average mini golf experience. They do have some "trick" holes. Their one difference is they have wheels to spin to do funny "dares" like golf on 1 foot or someone can stand anywhere they want on the green when another person is shooting. Just silly, fun little things to change up the experience. Unfortunately, the last time I went mini golfing in July these were broken. Big Don himself mentioned he was looking to replace them for next season. Maybe I should suggest looking into a stable wood circle, with a spinning arrow. Perhaps that would save him money when they broke...

The maze is basically made up of a bunch of plastic walls. You have a card that allows you to keep time by getting it stamped when you go in and when you get out. There are 4 stations per a game where you get letters hole punched that you're trying to find. You can play the maze 2 times in a visit since there are 2 words to search out. They change it up every few weeks, so it's always different. I thought it was pretty fun.

They also have a water gun fight option with water stations around the maze. You run through with water tubes and blast water at anyone else playing -- usually your friends. :)

The last time I went was in September though, and I tried the laser tag. It was SO COOL! It was like playing a first person shooting game. Nothing like normal laser tag. It was more like paintball without the fear of getting bruised. Metal guns, headshots only, barricades/forts, and missions are the main reasons I can list off the top of my head for why this was unlike any laser tag I have ever played before. It's not really for kids, but more for pre-teen and older. I would HIGHLY suggest this to anyone who enjoys paintball or first person shoot games. I think the 1 hour was the best deal; I think more would have been too much and less wouldn't have been enough.

On a side note; there is a lot of water in this activity center. The mini golf has a river going through it and the water fights in the maze add to the puddles making it bug crazy when I went. Make sure to bring bug spray! Even the laser tag arena got a bit buggy at night, but that was probably because of the dirt and shrubs.

Visited September 2012

central NY
17 attraction reviews
“Very nice setting for mini golf!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We had driven by Big Don's many times on our way back and forth on Route 31 between Verona and the Syracuse area and several times had said what a nice looking mini golf place it was. So, on our last trip through the area, we decided to stop and play a round. We absolutely enjoyed the beautiful, clean, landscaped mini golf course. It was every bit as nice as some of the courses we have visited in more touristy areas and the price was reasonable...I think $6 per player, which is typical of most themed mini golf these days. They also offer a variety of other fun activities that we didn't have time to try. Seemed like it would be a good place to bring a group for an outing or a party too. We will definitely make Big Don's a stop next time we go through the area!

Visited July 2012
Salt Point, New York
9 attraction reviews
“family fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

It was clean and open late and there are other things to do other then mini golf. Price was very fair also

Visited August 2012
Cicero, New York
“Awesome place to visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Big Don's is an awesome place for fun in Cicero! I love this place for the mini golf and the maze. It has a great outdoorsy environment and the course is challenging and fun. The staff if always friendly and they have delicious ice cream!

Visited August 2011
“Big Don's is the best mini golf around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

By far the best mini golf in the area! And plenty of other fun activities too! Gem hunting, a maze, rock wall, outdoor laser tag and much more!! Check this place out when you're in the area!