Stayed there in August with plans to take a bus to New York City and leave the car at the hotel for the week. We arranged a pick up at the bus station upon our return. My husband called when we got back in town and specified we were at the bus station (they usually pick up at the airport). She said she would send the driver. We waited half an hour and called back, again mentioning that we were at the bus station. She brushed us off, saying the driver was on the way. We called again 20 minutes after that and asked if we should just take a taxi. She said no, he would be there shortly. It wasn't until the third call that she actually heard us say we were at the bus station. She had sent the driver to the airport. In all we waited over an hour for our ride. The driver was extremely apologetic and nice, but did mention that the girl at the desk (Amanda) laughed when she called him at the airport.
I understand mistakes can happen but the humour she found in the situation was unacceptable. When we went to the desk to get our keys she just handed them to us and never offered an apology. I told her that an apology was the least she could do and was told that it wasn't her fault. The girl who took the initial booking for the bus shuttle put in the wrong information. I explained that we specified 3 times on the phone to her that we were at the bus terminal. She didn't seem to feel bad at all for her mistake.
I emailed the hotel directly to try and resolve the issue privately and they never responded. This is unfortunate as we have stayed there before and thought this was a great location for shopping in Syracuse. We will be looking elsewhere now due to the lack of care about customer service.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Syracuse - Cicero Hotel Cicero
- Comfort Suites Syracuse - Cicero Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Suites® hotel is located off Interstate 81, minutes from downtown Syracuse and its many attractions. Our guests will find that this hotel in Cicero, NY provides plenty of amenities with the feel of home. Syracuse Hancock International Airport is just five miles away from this New York hotel. Additional points of interest close to this Cicero, NY hotel include:•Oneida Lake•Cicero Twin Rinks ice skating center•Empire Expo Center, home of the New York State Fair •Syracuse University & Carrier Dome•Carousel Center shopping center. A number of golf courses, parks, entertainment venues, retailers and shopping centers can be found in the vicinity. Several restaurants are close to the hotel; some are within walking distance. Hotel features and amenities include:•Free coffee•Free wireless high-speed Internet access•Free The Wall Street Journal•Indoor heated pool•Fitness centerPLENTY OF BOAT PARKING! Your Morning Breakfast is full of hot and delicious options, making breakfast at the Comfort Suites the perfect way to start your day. Enjoy our free hot breakfast featuring eggs, meat, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal and more, including your choice of hot waffle flavors! If you're leaving early, a Your Suite Success™ Grab & Go bag is available for the two hours prior to breakfast. After a long day, relax and unwind in the hotel lobby for the manager's reception Monday through Thursday 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. A free light dinner, sodas and cocktails are provided. It is the perfect way to start your evening. All spacious guest suites are equipped with microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers, curved shower rods, hair dryers, flat-screen televisions, desks, down pillows, pillow-top mattresses, irons, ironing boards, sofa sleepers and cable television. Ask about our rooms that have hot tubs. Connecting rooms can be requested. Laundry facilities are located on the premises. For added convenience, this is a pet-friendly hotel (fees apply). Plenty of parking is provided and can accommodate most vehicles. For guests traveling with boats, we provide easy access to electrical outlets. Corporate travelers will appreciate amenities provided in the on-site business center like the public computer with Internet access, and copy and fax service. This New York hotel has three banquet and meeting rooms that can accommodate up to 240 people for most functions. For outstanding accommodations at affordable prices, stay at the Comfort Suites hotel. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, our friendly staff will be delighted to help you in any way they can. Make a reservation with us today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Suites Syracuse - Cicero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.