“Nice hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Cicero
massachusetts
“Nice hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

A friend suggested that I try this hotel while visiting in the area and it turned out to be a great find. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, they also add a nice touch by calling your room a few minutes after check in to see if all is ok. The rooms are large and really comfortable with a seating area, microwave and fridge and a large desk and chair. The beds are really comfortable and the room was quiet allowing for a great nights sleep. They take great care to make you feel comfortable and the entire facility is impeccably clean.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Syracuse, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wedding was October 13, 2012. Half of our family is from Syracuse and the other half north of Watertown, NY. This hotel was the perfect location for our reception and for our overnight guest. The hotel is rite of Rte. 81 and our guest were very pleased with the price of the hotel rooms and the location. The banquet manager was always a phone call away and she always took the time to answer my questions. After our reception the manager Nayan helped us order pizza and wings for our guests, even though it was late at night. He even opened one of his conference rooms for our guests to have our late night snacks in, so we wouldn't disturb the other guests in the hotel. I would highly recommend having your wedding reception at this location. Our guest complemented the food, service and hotel rooms. I run a retail business and can be pretty hard on the customer service I receive from other businesses. All of my expectations were met to the highest standard. Thank you to everyone there for making my day so special.

Room Tip: The Jacuzzi rooms are large and beautiful.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

If your planning a wedding, do not book your rooms here! I had to call three times to Jenelle to confirm my rooms and the bus from the hotel bringing the groomsmen and two bridesmaids to where our wedding was (I booked three months out) . When my husband went there the night before the day of the wedding we had a king sized bed room reserved with a room with two beds and a pull out couch for the bridesmaids the following night. They told him we had 3 rooms booked and none that were king sized and wanted to charge us extra! Since we booked in a block they told us normal double bed rooms and the king sized of the same price were 109 that included tax. She called someone and said there had been a mistake and fixed it.

Once we got that fixed, the day of wedding two of my bridesmaids tried to check in, the girl behind the desk said there was no card on file and could not let them check in, even though my husband was there..... and then the bus instead of bringing our party to the place of our wedding (which was only 10 mins away) took two people to the airport. One of my bridesmaid asked for a manager and the manager bob was very rude to her saying that the airport comes first and we should of known. If I would of know that I would of reserved it a half hour earlier to bring the guys to lodge. So one of my bridesmaids had to go pick up half the wedding party throwing us 45 mins behind.

Then at 11:30 pm when the bus was suppose to come pick us back up it was 20 mins late (surprise surprise). Once I got to the hotel the behind the desk finally told us about which times the bus brings the hotel guest to the airport and that Jenelle & Bob should of told us this info when we booked our block of rooms and that the 109 did not include the tax which Jenelle had told us they do. And come to find out my card was on file the whole time. Honestly this girl should have Jenelle's job because she knew how to run things.

It's really a shame that all this happen because the rooms are VERY nice. The bed are very comfy and large. Definitely worth the 109 plus tax.

I just really do not like being lied to. I would of planned around the bus times if they would of told me them. My bridesmaids not booking here for their upcoming weddings and neither should anyone else.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed here because of the option of parking our car at the hotel for no extra charge while we took a two week vacation to another part of the country. We stayed one night at the hotel and took the shuttle to the airport for our early morning flight. On our return two weeks later once our flight was on the tarmac we phoned the hotel, and the shuttle was waiting for us when we picked up our luggage. The hotel was great too. Clean, comfortable, cleanest floors I've seen in a long time in a hotel of this class. Staff was very helpful. There was a mix-up on my bill upon checking out, and they made the change with no hesitation. We'll definitely consider flying out of Syracuse again (we have other airport options) simply for the convenience (and cost) of the ParkSleepFly option.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Little Falls, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I attended a conference here in 2012. While my room was fine, and the conference location seemed attractive, we were not given what we were promised. There was only one young lady preparing/serving food for 40 people. The meals were not at all what we were promised--it was horrible and embarrassing. Packaged stuff that you'd find in a vending machine, breaded chicken patties with brown goop, elbow macaroni with Ragu poured over it. The conference room was not picked up from our meeting the night before.

If you're looking for a place to crash, this may be it, but don't plan a conference here unless you plan to hire your own caterer.

cscicero1a, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Syracuse - Cicero, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate when our customers provide us with feedback and let us know when we are doing things right and when we have room to improve and grow as a business.

I apologize for what you experienced when you attended a banquet here in 2012. I understand the importance of receiving what you were promised. We certainly had a falling down moment in meeting your expectations. I want to assure you this is not the norm and we have made staffing and management changes to better serve our guests. We are constantly reviewing our service standards to provide our guests with the service that they not only expect but deserve.

Respectfully,

Janelle
___________________________________________________________
Janelle Hart Regional Director of Sales and Marketing
Granville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My family & I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Cicero, NY for the recent Syracuse University Graduation.
It was Very Nice...Clean, Spacious, Comfy Bed, Good Breakfast and the Staff was Very Friendly! Close to the Carrier Dome, and SU Campus. If it weren't for price I'd give them 5 stars. They were pricy, but then every place around Syracuse was pricy that weekend!
Right next door to Cracker Barrel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
cscicero1a, General Manager at Comfort Suites Syracuse - Cicero, responded to this review, May 30, 2013

Kind Regards,

Robert Tallarico
Comfort Suites Cicero, NY | 315-752-0150
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Recently stayed overnight at the Comfort Suites in Cicero. When we visit Syracuse we typically stay at a hotel in the downtown core. However we decided to try this hotel given the review and price. We were not disappointed. It was easy to find, located directly off the highway. The accommodations were simple but exceptionally clean. The hotel staff who helped us check in were professional and polite. There is even a Cracker Barrel located next door (for anyone interested in comfort food). Next trip to Syracuse we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was located in front of the highway and it was very quiet. So there are no issues if you e...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
ComfortSuites-GM452, General Manager at Comfort Suites Syracuse - Cicero, responded to this review, May 30, 2013

Kind Regards,

Robert Tallarico
Comfort Suites Cicero, NY | 315-752-0150

Been to Comfort Suites Syracuse - Cicero? Share your experiences!