“could have been better” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cicero
Ottawa, Canada
“could have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I returned from a trip in Syracuse and stayed at this hotel. It is a nice looking hotel and the rooms are quite big. We booked it off of Priceline and received a good price for it. The first issue was the stained bed sheets, that were changed by house keeping after some debate. Themain issue we had was the industrial staple that was found in the pillow. I was starting to fall asleep, when something pierced my cheek. To my disappointment it was this huge staple that was in the actual pillow. When I went to the front deck at midnight to inform them of this, they were apologetic and told me that the manager would speak with me in the morning. After a nice breakfast at the hotel, we went to speak with the the manager who was not there at this time. I spoke with the front receptionist who really could have cared less about the staple. We left our information with the front desk for the manager to contact us, and a week later nothing. We were hoping to resolve this with him, but nothing.
Overall-- Nice hotel, too bad they don't care about customer service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Manning, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This Hotel is in a quite location and is PET FRIENDLY, 25.00/stay Good Deal, rooms clean and the air works good to,breakfast was to our liken and plenty of parking in rear for our big truck,large flat screen TV, mini-fridge, plenty of room in the room to move around

Room Tip: Pet Friendly!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Very nice to have a sizable suite after a long day of flying...

Bed was firm but quite comfortable, had a very peaceful night of sleep.

The way the room was designed, with the bathroom in front and half-length diving walls for the living area, made the sleeping area very quiet.

Everything was clean and in working order. Large flat-screen TV and modern bathroom - both higher quality than I expected from this type of hotel. I also wasn't expecting the functionality of the work area, with a large desk and both standard electrical plugs and USB charging outlets.

Since it was the weekend, the morning breakfast was packed with people. Food was continuously replenished. The quality of the eggs was only ok but the overall variety of the selection was great - something for everyone.

Plenty of parking and overall quick service from the hotel staff, as well.

When I returned home on Monday, I noticed that the hotel had overcharged me. When I phoned over, the manager had already caught the mistake and had a call in to the corporate office to figure out the right way to refund the overcharge to me. He said he would process it the next day, when they called him back - and he did, in fact, follow through promptly and correctly.

Will definitely be looking to stay here again when I return to the area.

Room Tip: There are two sizes of sofabeds, be careful when you book
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Wife and I stayed here one night in route to Niagara Falls. The place looks and feels brand new. The room we had was top floor (3rd) and with a large flat screen TV, mini-fridge, nicely appointed bathroom with plenty of towels and even a sofa next to a large desk/work space. We took advantage of the manager's reception from 5:30pm-7:30pm for drinks and some cheese and crackers and some other light food offerings. There is a pool that is heated but it is very small. The fitness room is open 24 hours and has an eliptical, a treadmill, a schwinn bike and a resistance weight machine. It is clean and neat with towels and water available. Located very nearby is a Cracker Barrel and within easy drive are several other restaurants.

New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have written two glowing reviews for this hotel in the past and it pains me to have to write this review but something has truely broken at this hotel. This is the place we always stay when we visit the area but that is changing today. I made reservations in June for 7/6-8 for 1 room with a king size bed and received confirmation as such. On 7/1, I received not 1, but 2 confirmations for ONLY 7/6, 1 room, king size bed and ONLY 7/6, 2 rooms, both queen beds...what the heck? I promptly called the hotel and explained that my reservation was for 7/6-8 for 1 room with a king size bed (had my confirmation #)! When I asked what happened, no explanation was offered but the situation was fixed and we stayed the weekend.
It gets better...when I just logged on to check my points after the weekend stay, I noticed a reservation booked under my name for 9/21-23 for 3 rooms totalling a WOPPING $1000....are you kidding me? I promptly called again and after being on hold for what seemed like forever, I was asked for my name and number so they could call me back (I was NOT getting off the phone) and finally got someone to remove the reservation. Again, no explanation was offered. I told the person on the phone to please remove my name from the database and that I was done with this hotel. Can you imagine if 9/21 came and went and all of a sudden I had a $1000 charge on my credit card??? I mean, I never made this reservation and further, I never received an email...whoever is working on reservations, needs serious training...

Fort Plain, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I attended a conference at the Comfort Suites Cicero in March, 2012. The concierge staff was friendly and helpful upon arrival, and when I booked an extra night due to a snow storm. My room was quite nice. The service (and experience) went down hill after that. The conference food (hospitality, dinner, breakfast, snacks during workshops) was the worst to which I've ever been exposed. The wait stuff was unfriendly and belligerent. The conference attendees were not at all made to feel welcome, and our requests (simple things like replacing water pitchers during the workshops) were ignored.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We spent the night a few weeks ago and overall we're pleased with the hotel. There were 5 of us, so one of my boys slept on the pull-out. All I can say is I'm glad it was him and not me, the mattress was not very comfortable. The beds on the other hand were great. The entire hotel was clean, it doesn't hurt that the property is quite new. The breakfast was your standard fair and appreciated. The thermostat in the room could have been more sensitive, during the night the A/C would cycle on and off cooling the room to the point where you needed a comforter and then the temperature would increase to where is was too warm.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Syracuse - Cicero? Share your experiences!