“Excellent meal in the bar area” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Friend's Lake Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Chestertown
Cuisines: American, Seafood, International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Murphy Road
“Excellent meal in the bar area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Nice quiet seating area in the bar area. Had open face ELK sandwich, special for the day. Very good, not gamely. Service was top notch.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank looneylake

Brant Lake, New York
“Charming adirndack dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Friends lake inn offers two choices of dining. 1. main dining room room with hardwood, floral fabrics and discrete lighting. 2. bar, which we call the bistro room, informal, relaxing. Menu choices are seasonal and focussed, very tasty, nicely served in both settings.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank wouldsy
Minerva, New York
“A special occasion made even more special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

My husband surprised me tonight with dinner at Friends Lake Inn for my birthday. When we arrived at our table, there was a birthday card signed by members of the staff and a menu with my name printed across the top. These were lovely touches that certainly showed the personal care the owners extend toward their diners. I had Pumpkin Bisque which was simply delicious. When I indicated that I was interested in one of the appetizers as my entree, it was no problem to make this change. Our dinner ended with coffee and complimentary chocolates. Our waitress was attentive, knowledgeable about the menu and fully accommodating. The Inn dining room is charming, attractive and comfortable. We are new residents to the Adirondacks and my husband and I agree that Friends Lake Inn will be a regular dining experience.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank jantor07
PA
“From a romantic dinner to a fun evening in the bar area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

This place in the middle of nowhere offers everything from snacks and tapas in the bar area to a romantic dinner in the dining room. We arrived very late so we only had a wonderful glass of wine (what a selection!) and some tapas. We should've gone earlier and had a full dinner!

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank PaUtahlover
Central Adirondacks
“The food is not worth the price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

We have been going to the Friends Lake Inn for dinner for over 20 years and it used to be fabulous. We had an okay, not great dinner a few years ago and were reluctant to go back. Well, we decided to give it a try again and we were very disappointed. The warm spinach salad was great but that was about it... I ordered the tuna tartare and it was supposed to have white truffle oil on it, which it did not. My entree was red snapper which was very bland and did not taste fresh. I hate to complain but the food is not cheap!

• 1 of 5 stars