“Great Food, Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Monroe, New York
“Great Food, Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Love this restaurant. Have been here for lunch and dinner and even a mother's day brunch. Their food is excellent! love the goat cheese roasted veggie ravioli's. one of my absolute fav things on the menu. A must try for Chester and all surrounding areas! Love that you can get small portions or regular sized ones. And they have amazing salads as well.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Circleville, New York, United States
“Lunch disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Lunch menu is too limited. Portions too small. Prices too high. Asked for thousand island dressing for my grilled chicken salad and they don't carry it. This is a very popular dressing and I had to settle for ranch, which I don't particularly care for.

Visited March 2012
Hewitt, New Jersey
“Excited on this new find!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Wow! We were really blown away by this place! Living in this rural area is always a challenge in finding new places with really good food, but this is one of them! After seeing a movie nearby we had dinner here last evening and I am now excited for future movie and dinner dates.
Let me start by saying that we are pretty much "foodies"; love well-prepared food and doesn't need to be pretentious or in a five star restaurant; just want fresh, well prepared food that makes us say "ahhhh".
This placed served just that! While many may not like the setting (1/2 bar, 1/2 restaurant=Bistro) we were comfortable and the noise level didn't impact conversation. While sitting close to the front door(directly behind the hostess' station) I initially thought we might have an issue with the front door and cool air. We did not but I could see the potential for a couple of tables to be affected by some cold blasts. I did notice an unit heater at the ceiling in this area so it appears that management has prepared for this possibility.
But, on to the food.....I had the spinach salad with warm dressing(1/2 portion). Probably the best spinach salad I have ever eaten. And without saying that to my hubby, he expressed the very same thing to me! Coincidence? I think not, it was that great! Not overly dressed, fresh, fresh spinach with blue cheese, glazed mushrooms and red onions, delish! Note, that we shared a half portion and it was more than ample; I suspect a full could easily serve a table of four.
For dinner my husband ordered the Tuna and I the seafood over pasta scampi style. Fortunately our server (who was excellent) asked me if I wished a full or half portion. I had missed that option on the menu and knowing my eating habits ordered the half, that was a good move, but then again maybe not.....
Dinner was magnificent for both of us. And we both agreed that each others was great after sharing. The tuna was super fresh, full of flavor and the seasoning just right, complimenting and not overpowering the wonderful tuna flavor. It was also cooked to perfection, as ordered. My seafood was also incredibly fresh with clams, shrimp, calamari and a scallop and a different but perfect creamy scampi sauce. I will say hare that I am usually not a "creamy" sauce lover, but in this case creamy was just right, only a touch so that the dish was not a buttery/oily scampi but a very light cream scampi. Done to perfection. While all of the seafood was sweet, the way seafood should always be, I have to comment on that one fabulous scallop. So often I will have scallops that are missing that sweet spot, the way a scallop should taste. They are a metallic blah taste. Not what a fresh scallop should be. But this was not that, as my husband agreed. I almost lamented I hadn't ordered the Scallop and Shrimp special, which I couldn't without knowing what kind of scallops I would get, sweet or metal. Ah, wish I had!
So, even with a half portion serving we took home leftovers and today for lunch I had both for lunch, still perfection! So beware the portion sizes if you are not a leftover type of person like me, but if you are, maybe go for that full portion of seafood pasta so you get more of those delicious scallops and more leftovers!
Service, I will say that even while they appeared to be at full table capacity, was excellent. Our server was perfect, offering good choices and friendly but not overly so, perfectly appropriate.
We look forward to future movie and dinners at this place in the very near future!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Our new go-to place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

First visit here and were pleasantly surprised. Great atmosphere, plenty of space to move around and not be cramped, good food and close to home. Will be back. Would be better if they had a barrier around door to prevent the cold air from coming in and blasting us every time it opened.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Too noisy - when live music in there it's unbearable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Ordered the tuna special - very disappointed. Tuna was not tender, we were expecting much better.
However, the scallop appetizer is great!
They also measure the wine - to us that's pretentious...the markup is incredible so hey, do like Catherine's or Old Erie and pour a generous glass.
It's a good spot - just room for improvement and hope to see changes made.

• Visited October 2012