“Looks are deceiving” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Israeli
north of nyc
“Looks are deceiving”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We were shopping in Chester and had heard good reviews of Alan's falafa. We stopped in and the look of the place was a bit of a turn off. We were seated by a very pleasant young woman. We told her it was our first time there and what we were thinking of ordering. She made a few suggestions and our food was served in a timely fashion. The lamb dish, falafal and mixed salads were wonderful. The chicken skewer was a little bland in comparison to everything else. Portions were ample and I have enough left over for another lunch. I am looking forward to returning and trying other dishes.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Warwick,ny
“Freshest,bestest food!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I really enjoy this restaurant every time I eat there!! I tell all my friends about it and they love it too and frequent the place more than I do. The food is fresh, and delicious, low in carbs except for the baklava of course. I ordered a huge platter of their salads and my favorite falafel balls!!!! Yummy. If your ever in Chester ny. Stop by Allan's falafel you will not be disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Yum yum tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Good value meal for the price. Very tasty middle eastern cuisine. The restaurant is very well located and easy to find. The service is courteous.

Visited January 2013
garden state travellers
“Best falafels and I dont even like falafels!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Im shocked by the bad reviews. Although it has a hole in the wall appearance, the quality & the service were excellent! This Baba ganoush & the hummus were probably the best I've had! Ive never been a fan of falafels, but these were done just right! And our guests who had never tried this type of cuisine were sold!
An added note, this place got 5stars on other review sites, that's how we found it!

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chester, New York
“Can't get it right.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This place was recommended to me by a friend, but the first time I went there, it was yet re-opened. When it did re-open, I went there excited for a good meal. I walked up to the door and was told that they ran out of food. Not a good first experience. Ran out of food? The 2nd experience, my wife went there, and they messed up my order. Had to go back & they were apologetic for the mistake. Not a good 2nd experience. The 3rd time I walked in, gave my order, had to wait 15 minutes, brought my food home where I saw that they got my order wrong again. Why bother writing down someone's order if you're not going to give it to them the way they asked for it? Had my wife bring it back where the owner again apologized. Apologies can only go so far. Haven't been back since, but I will give them another shot because of their politeness and the food is pretty good, but the shawarma does has a bit too much fat in it.

• Visited September 2012