“Family-oriented place close to airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA & CAA Members Save!
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Takoma Park, Maryland
“Family-oriented place close to airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My son and I stayed here for two nights, a Saturday and a Sunday. It was a short drive using a rental car from the airport. We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Richmond Heights, Missouri during the Xmas 2012 holiday season, so I had a recent experience elsewhere to compare to. I rented a one bedroom king bed suite, same as our previous stay. I was glad that I had direct access to the bathroom at night while my son was sleeping in the bedroom and I was out in the living room on the sleep sofa, unlike the Richmond Heights stay where I had to go through the bedroom to reach the bathroom. The room was smaller, but there was adequate room for the two of us. The wired Internet access worked fine with a Linux laptop. Staff were very friendly and I got very prompt response to my maintenance requests. The pool was a little bigger, although the deepest water was the same (5 feet). The pool area was full of young people during our Sunday morning visit. Our Sunday morning breakfast experience felt a bit shabbier than our Monday morning breakfast experience. On Sunday morning the plates and cutlery were throwaway, and there were less yogurt choices available for my son. I don't understand why the motel would do things differently for breakfast on different days of the week - it was not like this during our Xmas 2012 stay in Missouri.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor! I am so glad that our room accomodations were comfortable for you and your son and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the service the hotel staff provided. I do apologize that breakfast on Sunday fell short of your expectations. Please be assured the concern has recently been addressed with the food and beverage team and china will be available each day. I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future!

Jennifer Redmond

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Booked a suite for my family while staying in the Buffalo area for the weekend. It's harder to find pet friendly and dog friendly hotels and this was one of them.

The lobby area is very nice and they have a 24h store where you can buy frozen dinners, ice cream, snacks (etc) and the prices are fairly reasonable.

The room was just ok. Max of 3 - 3.5 Star. Nothing that wrong with it but it needed some updating particularly in the bathroom. The toilet was a bit old, wallpaper was older and the little touches like the caulking around the bathtub was a bit gross and the grout had mildew stains and black marks on it. I didn't feel Zestfully clean.

The bed and bedroom, however, was clean. I checked both of our double beds for bed bugs and the matresses were pretty new (a bit soft) but we slept well. The pillows are nice.

The living room was basic but offers what you need for an enjoyable trip. There was also a small kitchenette with a microwave, dishwasher, cooktop, fridge, and garberator.

Again like other Hilton hotels, I had my share of free 24h coffee. It is good but, unfortunately, maybe not attended to as much as other properties like the Hampton. Hot water was warm, coffee was warm.... not hot. I had to grab my own creamer and sugar.... not refilled.

One of the hilights, though, is the pool. Very nice pool that is pretty clean and the hot tub is probably one of the best ones I've been in. I really enjoyed it.... for the first night. The rest of the time there were other guests running all over the place and being crazy down there so I didn't go back. It was kind of gross.... Pool hours are 9am - 10pm.

The gym has nice Precor fitness machines. Not huge but has weights, medicine balls, elipticals, treadmills, and a bike. Oh, free headphones incase you forgot yours (but they don't sound great). Gym is 24h.

Location is good. Close to BUF airport and Walden Galleria.

Fee for your pet to stay with you is $100 per stay which is a sanitization fee.

Breakfast isn't bad: cereal boxes, hot steam trays (omlettes, buffalo potatoes, sausage....), toast, waffle maker, fruit... but the clientelle down there made me not want to eat anything. They were all over the place touching everything.... so we went to IHOP which is about 10 mins away across from Walden Galleria (Walden Ave).

Overall, not bad. I'd stay here again if my dog was travelling with me but it needs some updating and I wasn't fond of some of the clientelle staying there. Go figure... something you can't control.

Room Tip: I think room 125 is right next to the pool. Don't stay there... it will be super loud.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying at the Homewood Suites-Buffalo Airport and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I truly appreciate your input on the look and feel of our guestrooms and we will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for ways to improve our guests' satisfaction. The hotel is scheduled to get a lobby renovation this spring with guestrooms following in the fall. I am so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the hotel pool, hot tub and fitness center. I hope that your dog enjoyed his stay as well! We really hope that you will try us again in the future!

Komoka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

There were four ladies out on a shopping tour... We were so impressed with this hotel we stayed for two nights instead of one.
Clean two bedroom apartment. Two full baths and less money that two hotel rooms. Nice pool and hot tub and fitness room.
Close to Walden Galleria and about 30 minutes from outlet mall.
Next time we will bring all our own food to cook in our apartment to avoid the always disappointing restaurant food in the area.

Room Tip: We had a two bedroom suite on the parking lot- it was very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share this on Trip Advisor. I am happy that you were able to enjoy the hotels spacious suites and numerous amentieis. Please consider us again when you are visiting the Buffalo Area.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We travelled with our 6 month old girl for a 2 night stay from Toronto. Hotel staff very friendly. Good breakfast and handy to all the shopping in Buffalo.

On the downside, our room never got serviced on the Saturday. No new towels, sheets etc. Lots of noise from the hallway and outside that kept waking our baby up.... First time in 3 months she woke up 6 times in one night and we have travelled lots with her already. Noise proofing could be better.

I did like the layout of the suite and hotel location. The friendly staff compensated for the couple of glitches and the free coffee helped us deal with the lack of sleep! Likely would still come back for another shopping trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying at the Homewood Suites and for your review on Trip Advisor. I would first like to start by apologizing that your guestroom did not get serviced on the Saturday of your stay. I am sorry that it was overlooked and I hope that it did not cause too great of an inconvenience for you. I have shared your comments with the Executive Housekeeper and housekeeping team. We are working to ensure it does not happen in the future. Thank you for your feedback regarding the external noise and I am sorry that you experienced disturbances. I am glad to hear that you did enjoy the services and staff at the hotel and I have shared your review with all of them. I do hope that you will try us again in the future on your next visit to the Buffalo area.

Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed here as a last minute thought on a road trip across the country. We booked online 20 minutes before we arrived. The gentleman at the front desk quickly printed out document and we were signed in within 2 minutes. very prompt!

We stayed in the 2 bedroom suites. The bedrooms were separated by the living/kitchen area. That was convenient for getting ready in the morning.

I found the room to be 100% clean and neat. The beds were highest of quality and comfort. I reassesed my image of Homewood Suites due to this experience and I'll seek them out more in the future.

We also did partake in the complimentary breakfast. It was a nice expanded breakfast with waffle maker, cereal, warm food, fruit, etc. No complaints.

My one semi-complaint was 1 of the elevators was having maintenance issues. The way the maintenance guy behaved was a little off-putting. The rooms are "efficient" in space.... not real roomy for a longer stay. But overall it was a very nice experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
jredmond, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
I am so glad that you picked out hotel to stay with during your journey. I hope that the trip across country was successful! I am glad that enjoyed your brief visit with us and that the guestroom and services provided were satisfactory. I am sorry about the helpfulness of my maintenance associate while working on the hotel elevator. Please be assured I have shared your review and I am addressing any concerns. I hope that you will consider us again if you ever make your way to or across the Buffalo area again!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed 2 nights and had a nice time. The parking ran out on us Sunday night most likely due to the airport stop-over (cars stay longer than the guest in their room) guests I think. This hotel seems to be outside of most pizza delivery boundaries for some reason. Comfortable rooms/beds, nice pool etc. The hotel is dated and needs a make over now since I believe it hasn't been done since around 1998 when this hotel was built. Very nice staff too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us ans sharing feedback on your visit. We appreciate your kind words and apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with food delivery and parking spaces. Please know that our front desk agents are more than happy to help you find delivery options and that we are looking into additional parking solutions. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you travel through the area and that you will let us know who we are doing at that time.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Over the Holidays we stayed at Homewood to do some shopping, and of course eat chicken wings! My Mom actually recommended the hotel to me as she has stayed there a few times when flying out of Buffalo to go south. The rooms are extremely clean and it's great having a living area space separate from the bedroom. The kitchenette areas are clean and useful if you want to make breakfast or lunch. There are kitchen utensils and pretty much everything you would need to make a simple meal or snack. Our bathroom light went out on our second night and I called down to the front desk to have them change it. The girl who answered said there were no maintenance people around, but she would look into it right away. She quickly called back and said that the maintenance person she called walked her through how to change it (not a simple light fixture) and she came right to our room and changed it! We didn't wait long, and were impressed how she handled the situation. The rest of the staff were very friendly and accommodating when asking for directions or restaurant recommendations. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: There are rooms with gas fireplaces. I think it costs a little extra, but a great option for those s...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I hope you enjoyed the great shopping locations all very close to the hotel. I also hope that you tried Duffs, located down the street from the hotel for chicken wings! I am so glad that the layout and amenities in the guestroom were convenient for your family. I am sorry that your bathroom light did go out, but I am so happy to hear that my team was able to correct the concern. Keani is our front desk supervisor and she was the team member that took care of that for you. She is a great asset to our team and I have shared your comments with her. We hope to see you again on your next trip to the Buffalo area!

Jennifer Redmond

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!