“Hotel for NFL games” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Oshawa, Canada
“Hotel for NFL games”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Every year my team plays the Bills in Buffalo so I have stayed here two or three times now and never had a problem. They were doing some renovations once but in the long run that is a good thing and it didn't cause any problems. This hotel is great place to stay for access to the airport if that is what you need but I find the location great because it is close to a few shopping areas on different streets including some of the big malls in the area just minutes away. To get to the stadium you turn left at the gas station and then turn right at the next main street intersection and drive straight maybe 15-20 minutes and you pull right up to the stadium and all the parking. If I had one "complaint" it would be one time we waited a little longer than expected to check in and the breakfast isn't anything to write home about however no free breakfast at hotels is ever great. It did the trick to eat and head to the game in the morning. The cost is always reasonable and the rooms are nice. I will be booking this hotel again in November.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sleepinn_ny609, Manager at Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
I am glad that you found our hotel convenient for the Bills game that you came to town for. We look forward to having you back in November and thank you for the nice recommendations to others about the shopping in the area that is close to the hotel.

Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Buffalo,NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I live locally about 30 min from the airport, but I was picking up my friend at midnight, which turned into after 1am. Figuring neither of us would want to drive home after the late flight, I booked this hotel. I arrived after getting out of work at 6:30 and parked easily and was able to walk right up to the desk. I was given a room on the 3rd floor at the end of the hall. The room was very spacious and comfortable. A/C worked well, having a fridge was also nice. The bathroom was kinda funny, but I enjoyed the pod like shower-it had plenty of room and good water pressure. If you need any snacks the gas station at the end of the street has tons of choices, which was great. Coming and going at 1am there was always someone at the desk keeping an eye, which was nice to know. The rate was also a better value than those facing the front of the airport (at least when I was booking). I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Had room 300, at end of the hall, very quiet (saw Air Force One Land!)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind reviews of our hotel. I am glad that you did enjoy your stay, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I booked a 1 night stay through Park Sleep and Fly. We arrived around 11 pm, 3 night shift staffs were on duty at the reception desk. They were tired or something, no greeting nor welcome from them, went straight to business and gave us keys and directed us to the parking. We gave a tip to the fellow who help us to the parking, right at that moment my son came to asked him for the WiFi password. He shouted at him 'Look at the back of the room key'
The room itself was OK, some superficial update decor was done.
We got up around 4. They serve breakfast around 0430 hr. Probably is too early in the morning, the waitress had quite an attitude. I said good morning to her, the first time , no response. I said louder the second time, she just looked away.
They have a waffle-maker, my daughter left a batter cup by the machine. She came and asked , did we leave the cup there and wanted us to go and throw it into the garbage.We said sorry and she rolled her eyes.
By the way we found a live tick, I think was a tick, among the bed sheets. Fortunately it was in the morning, otherwise we would not have slept that night worrying about more ticks in the room. We reported to the receptionist, all she said was ' We've never seen that before!'
Well,well,well.Enough said!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sleepinn_ny609, General Manager at Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
I would like to apologize to all the guest that have seen or will see these pictures that does not represent our Hotel. At first I was shocked but then extremely disappointed to see the picture with the insects or bugs on them that do not belong to our Hotel. To prove the point that these picture do not belong to Sleep Inn & Suites I would like to share with our guest that recently we went through complete renovations of our Hotel.. As a Ownership & Hotel we invested in Special Cover Sheets for our beds that prevent us from getting any type of bugs. To more further prove the point we completed 2 different Choice Hotels inspections this year already regarding Cleanness & Condition of the rooms and we passed both of them with flying colors.

I apologize to all of our guest one more time for the images that are on the website but I can 100% guarantee they do not belong to our Hotel.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have stayed here numerous times in the past and have never had this many issues. We like it for the park and fly option. When we arrived, around 930 pm, everything went smoothly. Our friends went up to our room and walked in on someone sleeping. When our friend approached the desk clerk, he very rudely asked what we wanted him to do about it. They were sold out, and it appeared he was ok with keeping our money and saying sorry. Our friend doesn't take crap so she had the manager called in to figure out the problem. When he got there he seemed a little more worried about finding out the problem than getting us situated for the night. Finally after he was working on it for an hour he called the days hotel and asked them to put us up at sleep inn's cost. They said ok but they would need something on paper to verify this. I was waiting for a professional looking typed and signed letter on letterhead but Eric just printed on a piece of plain white paper(in very messy handwriting) that sleep inn would cover the cost of our night. That surprised the staff at the days hotel too. While we were waiting another lady came down to tell the front desk staff her hair dryer was broken and he(not Eric) said too bad, live with it. The days hotel turned out to be nicer and cleaner and the staff was nicer. The pool and hot tub worked, too, unlike the hot tub at sleep inn. Sleep inn has no pool. The property is looking rather old and run down, and I find that disappointing as we have stayed here often. Eric did his best, but I am afraid it just wasn't the service we are used to and expect. I think we will stay elsewhere when we park and fly from now on.

• Stayed August 2013
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed here on night and the hotel was nice. The bathroom is strange a modern design with a shower that looked like a space capsule. The decor of the hotel was very tasteful and and we received a great price. The one draw back was the parking, I guess they must have problems with unauthorized airport parking taking their spaces because most of the lot was partitioned off with cones and tape. We had to have the desk clerk come out to the lots and removed the cones to let us park and again when we left. I would not like this if I was going to be going in and out a lot. Breakfast was blah with frozen bagels, cereal, tiny yogurts and some hot entrees, the coffee was pretty good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Sleepinn_ny609, Manager at Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
I want to apologize for the inconvenience of our parking lot the night of your stay. We were in the process of re-paving it and that is why it was partitioned off in certain places. I am glad that you did enjoy your stay regardless of this and hope that you come back and stay with us again.

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed here prior to a flight out of the Buffalo airport; we booked the Park and Fly package. *Excellent location (right across the street from the airport...but didn't hear any planes coming or going) and close to lots of shopping
* Clean rooms
* Good breakfast (basic hot/cold options)
* Great shuttle service to and from the airport (booked a pick-up (for our flight out) when we checked in and called from the airport when we needed a pick-up (when we returned) and only had to wait 10 minutes).
I was very particular about where were going to stay since we were leaving our car at the hotel for the week; and we were very happy with this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for all of your kind and gracious comments about our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and stay with us again in the future.

Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We traveled western NY for a week. This was the cleanest, nicest hotel we stayed in all week. The staff was great. It was so nice to have a self service laundry after we had been traveling all week. This hotel was much nicer than some more expensive hotels we have used.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sleepinn_ny609, Manager at Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel. I am glad that you found the guest laundry convenient. I hope that if you ever stop back through to Buffalo that you stay with us again.

Front Desk Manager

Been to Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!