“Our 7th stay at this hotel, at least” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Airport Hotel Buffalo

You added Millennium Airport Hotel Buffalo to your Saves list
Millennium Airport Hotel Buffalo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2040 Walden Avenue, Cheektowaga, NY 14225 (Formerly Four Points)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Aurora, Canada
“Our 7th stay at this hotel, at least”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I have lost track of how many times I have stayed at this hotel (it is at least 7 times). This time we had 2 rooms (1 for my mom & 1 for my wife and myself). We stayed a night prior to our flight to Fort Lauderdale. We were boarding a cruise in Florida a couple of days later. The trip was part of my mom's 75th Birthday celebrations.

On this visit the rooms were not the greatest (not the worst I have had here, either). For one night it did not matter that much. The hotel has some really nice rooms; and, most times we get rewarded for our loyalty; but, not this time. The Hotel is pretty much joined to the Walden Galleria Mall. There is a Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs, Jack Astors, Bar Louie & Melting Pot in the mall. Across the street is an Olive Garden. An Applebees, Ruby Tuesdays and Fridays are just down the street.

The airport is about 2 miles or so away (1 exit off of I-90 E). The hotel does provide a shuttle service to the airport. We tried this once; and, were not impressed at how long we had to wait to take the shuttle back to the hotel; and, on a cold winter day, it can become quite a hassle.

There is free wifi which can be handy. Overall, it is a great place to stay for 1 day at a time. Any longer and you would care much more about the room you received.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newer part of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Ajax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband & I needed somewhere safe to sleep & leave our car for a week while we flew to Florida for Christmas. We chose the Millennium as it had a 15 day sleep & park deal where you sleep one night & could leave your car for up to 15 days. The facilities were extensive, and clean, with friendly and very helpful staff. The room was fine with only basic items. Breakfast was available from a menu in the restaurant on site.
The excellent service continued when we returned to pick up our car. The hotel's shuttle picked us up at the airport within the time they'd committed to & the driver had our car keys with him. He dropped us off at our car which was exactly where I'd left it 6 days before. The car wouldn't start but within minutes of asking the front desk for help their maintenance man showed up to give the car a boost to get it started.
We were more than satisfied with our night there & the after-stay service at the Millennium & plan to use their service whenever needed in future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in March 2013.We decided to do some cross boarder shopping and catch an NHL game and this hotel suited us fine. it was safe, clean, plenty of towels and even had a pool. It was close to all the main shopping centres and restaurants.The only downside that I found was that the hotel does park 'n fly and parking can be difficult at times to get. All in all convenient and not badly priced.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Livonia, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

The location is fabulous, the staff were welcoming(minus one) even though is was a busy night of holiday party check-ins. We were there just as a stop over, not a party so not rating the ballroom. We did not stay in the tower(s) apparently we stayed in the old section, elevator area was freezing but once in hall way it was temperate. The bathroom was the biggest bummer, in need or replacement everything and wider shower curtain to avoid flood. The extra shampoo looked used and put back and the lighting was poor. The room and bath floor "felt" clean, I walked around barefoot, great job by housekeeping considering what they have to work with. Linens felt and looked like burlap, rough , thin and didn't have the bleach smell to remind me they are safe to sleep in...the pillows were small, flat and old close to disappearing. The bedspread worn and torn. No map of hotel in room guide so ask at desk if you want to know the what and where of everything. Breakfast was good, staff was attentive but quiet. So many rooms , you have to stop at desk and ask for receipt.

Room Tip: Ask for upgraded room, and pay for it. Old section is desperate.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Ok, so my wife and I have stayed in this hotel on many occasions and this experience was no better, nor worse than the previous. Again, I booked through Priceline and the deal I got was very reasonable. Check in was smooth but parking lot was full due to holiday parties. I found a spot at the back which brings me to my first new concern.
All of the doors to the outside were unlocked permanently with a plastic tie. Not only did it look unprofessional but didn't bode well for the image of a safe environment.
I was given a room on the 2nd floor. I asked to be moved to a higher floor but it didn't happen. The first and second floor have not been renovated beyond cosmetic and there are still things that need to be done. The carpet in the room is ragged and I was bitten by something while walking on it. The shower did not drain well and the shower curtain was falling apart.
But again, based on the price I paid, it was what I expected. If you are going for shopping or a short stay, it is a reasonable place to stay. But not at the 120 plus a night.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I have stayed there three times.It has always been Friday night check in.
The rooms are cleanand fairly quiet.They are close to the airport and shopping.
The restaurant in the Millenium it is extremely expensive. There are lots of restaurants in the neighborhood that you can eat at though.
The one thing I don't like about it is that there isn't enough parking for everybody that stays in the hotel.
Always check online before you go there to see what the room rate is. They will match the online prices.If you don't check, you're going to spend 20 or 30 dollars more for the same room.
When all is said and done, its not a bad place for the money.

• Stayed May 2013
Oshawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

This isn't the first time my boyfriend and I have stayed at Millennium. Our first trip was something to be desired. We started with a room that had a kind size bed, in a room about the size of half a football field. The bed was broken, amongst other things, so we were given another room. This one was much better, it had two floors and a Kind bed. Thanks to the staff for accommodating us. That is one of the reasons we tried this hotel again.

We stayed at Millennium Dec 1 - 3, 2013 for a shopping excursion to Buffalo with my daughter. This time we had a great 2 queen room, with direct access to the pool, which was great for my daughter. The room was clean, tidy, and lots of room for all 3 of us. Although I signed a waiver not to smoke in my room, there was a continuous odor of smoke coming from under our door, from those across the hall.

There are lots of choices for restaurants nearby, including the hotel restaurant. All in all, good hotel. I'd stay again, especially because of the fact it's in the parking lot of the Walden Galleria mall.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Millennium Airport Hotel Buffalo? Share your experiences!