“Millennium Hotel down at the heels” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Airport Hotel Buffalo

Save Saved
You added Millennium Airport Hotel Buffalo to your Saves list
Millennium Airport Hotel Buffalo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2040 Walden Avenue, Cheektowaga, NY 14225 (Formerly Four Points)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Save up to 20%
Ranked #18 of 19 hotels in Cheektowaga
Mississauga
“Millennium Hotel down at the heels”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed overnight at this hotel in transit to a cruise. The location is right by the Galleria Mall and close to the I90 from the border. The common areas of the hotel are run down and in need of rejuvenation! The couches in the lobby are stained and in need of replacement and the rugs have seen better days! I never saw anyone in the pool and it was dark and unwelcoming! Our room had been modernized and was clean and the bed was fine. The rugs in the hall on the 7th floor again are run down and manky. The people in the room next to us decided to have some "afternoon delight" and we could hear their enjoyment through the very thin walls. We left our car in their lot for the week we were gone and they have a shuttle running to Buffalo International Airport and will pick you up on return this is included in a one night stay! If you are staying for a few days this is a convenient location for shopping etc but not for staying in the hotel for any great length of time. Management needs to put some serious money into the common areas and make it the welcoming hotel it once was!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

808 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I don't even know where to start! First when I came in, I was a walk in that came in at 3 in the morning! I asked the lady at front desk what is there walk in rate, she said $109! I said but it's 3am why is your rate so high? She said well it doesn't matter, there's still people that's trying to check in soooo.. Then I explained i have aaa and what would be the best possible rate she could give me for the night and she said 99! I said ok because I was so tired and did not feel like going anywhere else because I love the millennium hotels! Then me and my husband went to our room and could not at all what so ever believe we were in a millennium hotel room! The comforter sets looked so dingy and dirty it was ridiculous, the tub was dirty with a couple of pieces of hair in it, the desk had scratches all over it,the view was terrible, the whole room it self was just not modern at all but more of an old fashioned hotel that only has 10 rooms when really this hotel has 300 rooms! Then I ordered breakfast to my room and my pancakes weren't done, and my sausages were almost mistaken for ice sickles! I had to call the dinning kitchen a couple times to see if I could get new food! I was just so aggravated and disgusted that I went back to sleep with pillows over my head and comforter off of course. And finally I called front desk to see if we could get a late check out because we were so exhausted being we got in so late and the girl Vickie said no I won't be able to because I already have a lot of late check outs!!!! The girl attitude was nasty the whole morning when I had to call down to get transferred to dinning first of all and when she told me no after my most horrible stay at an hotel ever, it just put the icing on the cake and I left the hotel immediately! The only 2 things positive I can say was how nice the front office manager Stephanie was and the bed let me get some sleep despite the dingy comforter! All in all this hotel in buffalo NY should not even have the honor of carrying the name millennium hotel and my $99 was not at all what so ever worth it and only for a couple hours we could use the room at that. The owner should be ashamed of this and needs this hotel snatched away from him/her immediately because this is no where near any millennium hotel standards in any shape or form of the whole hotel! Never stay here! It's pretty on the outside but disgusting in the inside!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We came with a group of people. Usually we hear complaints from someone but everyone enjoyed this place. For the price it was great! Location for us was perfect. Millennium had everything we needed and more. Yes, some of it could be remodeled but this place was even better than we had expected.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our room on the bottom floor near the pool. I liked how the bedroom had a step down.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed here for one night while shopping in Buffalo. This place online seemed like a good place. the Price was exactly in my range...but then again you "get what you pay for" But at the end of the day the room was clean, the in room fridge didn't keep my drinks cold, and my boyfriend and I were a little hesitant to take showers because the shower wasn't exactly in the best shape. Spending one night here was alright...anything more then that might not be a great thing.

But the Hotel staff were very nice. From check-in to check-out. very nice people who helped out when I needed anything. that I did appreciate.

Niagara
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We have stayed several times at the Millennium, while either spending some time in Buffalo or flying away on a holiday. It’s an older hotel, but still well maintained and there is an indoor pool that is covered by a retractable roof.

There are two distinct sections in the hotel. (i) The tower, which is the farther away from the pool and (ii) the lower level, which has indoor patios or balconies actually facing the pool. We had a lower level second floor balcony overlooking the pool, which was great for relaxing, reading an enjoying a drink in a nice warm atmosphere. If you are looking for peace and quiet though, you should probably opt for the tower section, as the pool area can be very active with families.
We’ve always had a “standard” room with king sized bad, but you may upgrade to “superior” and “suite” rooms. The rooms (and bathrooms) we've had weren’t what I’d describe as luxurious or fancy and are far from being new, but have always been very clean upon arrival. For travellers using the Buffalo airport, you can receive a special airport package that includes up to 15 days complementary parking and no charge shuttle service to and from the airport. On our latest stay, we weren’t using the airport, so we chose a package that included free breakfast vouchers at Waldens restaurant, which is right off the main hotel lobby. Check-in/out was efficient and courteous.

Overall, we’ve found our stays at the Millenium to be good and we’ll definitely return.

Room Tip: If you are looking for peace and quiet, you should probably opt for the tower section, as the pool a...
Bowmanville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have been to Millenium Hotel a few times over the last two years and are never disappointed. The customer service is top notch, right from booking, front desk to house keeping. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are spotless! We love the courtyard area after a long day of shopping sitting on the balcony over looking the pool is great. I would strongly recommend this hotel and for fellow Canadians there is a great Canadian traveler rate available online.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I Pricelined this hotel and was really disappointed. Based on the description from the property website I expected a hotel in much better shape. The lobby smelled funny when we checked in - kind of like sweat. Then they didn't fulfill one of my requests for a room - I had emailed and phoned right after I made the reservation to request a king room in the tower (high floor) without an adjoining room door. Wound up with a double room, first floor, with adjoining door. Kind of noisy, really horrible mattresses, stains on the bedspreads. If I hadn't been so tired I would have driven back to Rochester. My husband said it was a palace compared to the La Quinta Airport in the same area that he stayed at in December. It was really odd - there were two entry doors to the hotel - one from the inside and one from the parking lot, which is way more motel like. I never feel safe with those type of properties which is why I don't stay at them. It was not at all clear that you might wind up with a door opening to the parking lot. And boy does it need an update - the furniture was very old french provincial style - probably from the 60s. Won't stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room without a door to the parking lot and no connecting door. It gets very loud.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Millennium Airport Hotel Buffalo? Share your experiences!