“Nice place two thumbs up!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
NW PA
“Nice place two thumbs up!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The location is perfect for a fight out of buffalo, great shuttle service and very prompt! Rooms are spacious and very clean and unbelievably quiet for such close proximately to the airport! Lots of great restaurants close by and the driving from the interstate is a breeze and plenty of parking! I had a second floor room and its a pain carrying luggage up stairs and that's the only complaint I have! The staff was the nicest most helpful people you will find anywhere, I'll stay here every time I fly in or out of Buffalo there is no reason to look any farther and the price is a good value!

Room Tip: this is it!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
BUFIA_Mgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Buffalo International Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Hello High_Miles!!!

Thank you for the TWO THUMBS UP!!!

It's great to know that the hard work we are putting into our hotel and staff is appreciated. Your review that us that we must continue to keep going in the right direction.

I did take note on the issue with your luggage. In the future, either contact us and we'll see what we can do about getting your a room on the first floor. We are here to assist you any way we can.

Thank you again!

Have a wonderful evening,

The Management Team of the Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We have stayed at this holiday in twice while in transit. We live in southwest Ontario, and when we go to Florida for March Break we always stay in Buffalo overnight and take advantage of the park and fly option. The hotel is very conveniently located, literally across the street from the airport, which is fantastic. The folks are always very pleasant and welcoming. The problem is that the hotel is very dated. Considering the other options (holiday inn express close by for one), which are all modern, and usually include breakfast, this Holiday Inn is old and needs refreshing. It makes me crazy that there are no Queen size beds, double beds are very small when you are tall. Also, there is nothing included for breakfast, which given the reality of modern day air travel (have to get to the airport very early, food there is very expensive and not very nutritious either), is an oversight. I Have tried to use the computers in the lobby but they are almost non-functional (check in etc), and I don't think the wireless network is much better. There is an OK restaurant called Max's which is attached to the hotel, I would have to say that is a highlight. The guys who picks us up at the airport is great, he comes immediately, and is always polite and helpful.

Room Tip: There is a nice Holiday Inn Express very close by. Try there first.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Buffalo International Airport, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear SunSeaker01,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the hotel conditions may have caused you. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. The issues you have raised will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken.

Janice A
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a convention in the city, overall it was a ok stay. This hotel is literally across the street from the airport and I did enjoy watching the planes take off and land from the comforts of my room. It looks like it may be a older hotel that is being renovated, my only complaint was the hotel was cold to be interior corridors. Our room was cold and we constantly felt a cold draft coming through the windows and we had to turn our room heat to almost 90 degrees to get our room warm. The rooms were very small but it was clean and basic .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Buffalo International Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear tntt,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Joel B
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We used this hotel for an overnight stay before leaving the next morning on a early flight. That's about the only reason we would because it was not the cleanest room. We found mini ants crawling in the bathroom (in March??) and hair as well on the floor. This is your old style hotel room, very small and not ideal for more than 2 people. But if you are taking a flight from the airport, it is literally next door. Staff were very friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Buffalo International Airport, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear rtae,

Ferdinand G.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed one night at this location due to being held over for weather and cancelled flights. The staff was very accommodating, pleasant, and attentive with the exception of the day manager that day. Both shuttle drivers that transported me were exceptional. The large restaurant, Max's, is a major plus in my opinion with great service and home-style fare. One item that was not an issue for me and could be for others is the lack of an elevator - so advanced planning might be advised. All areas of the hotel that I encountered were clean and tidy. The property is older and I was told that renovations were already underway. The lack of a desk in my room was not the best for getting work accomplished, but I made due and the internet was excellent as expected. There was a round table there which is better for eating than working. If I was staying at this I would look for more business accommodations in my case as opposed to leisure traveling. I have no reservation using this hotel again if the opportunity presents itself.

Room Tip: Ask for business accommodations if that is important for your stay. There is no elevator so plan ah...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Buffalo International Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear TeamTumi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and appreciate the kind words about our staff to be very accommodating, pleasant and attentive. I am sorry for any shortfalls you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Booked this through Hotwire at a great price and was pleasantly surprised. You never know when you book a mystery hotel and being rated only a 3 star I was unsure but it was fine. Hotel and room were clean and spacious and proximity to airport is great if you need it but still quiet. We could see the airport outside our window but never heard any planes above. There is also what appears to be a nice outdoor pool in the middle of the complex. Being winter I can't say for sure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
BUFIA_Mgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Buffalo International Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear KJC2010,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a great review. I am glad to here that you were pleased with our hotel. Especially with the uncertainty of what you were to receive by booking through Hotwire.

We would be honored, if you gave back to visit us again. We do offer great rates and benefits by booking through the hotel directly.

Thanks again and have a great day,

Management Team of the Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed here during our trip to Niagara Falls a lovely welcoming hotel
very clean room spacious a double it was a treat to stay at this hotel the staff were great
and with Denny's next door to top it off .... PERFECT

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Anita H,

Thank you so much for your great review all the way from the United Kingdom!!!!

I hope you enjoyed your trip to Niagara Falls. I am glad to hear that the hotel and staff was great with the extra bonus of Denny's next door.

If your ever back in our neighborhood, come back and see us.

Have a great evening,

Management Team of the Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Buffalo International Airport? Share your experiences!