“Horrible stay” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Rochester, Minnesota
“Horrible stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My family and I stayed here the night before our flight out of Buffalo and it was horrible! There was a sign in the lobby that stated the hotel was undergoing some remodeling. The room was run down and dated. We were on the 1st floor and had so much noise from the floor above that I had to call the front desk as we were unable to sleep. The only postiive was the location near the airport. I would NOT recommend this hotel until after renovations are complete.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Disappointing from start to finish.

We arrived fairly late on a Saturday night (we had reserved well in advance) and there was absolutely no parking. The staff at the desk told me to park on the grass - I had to go back in again to tell them there was no room on the grass. I was then told to park somewhere out of the way on the road. Really? I thought the $125+ for a room actually included parking, but maybe not. When I told the staff that I assumed that they would pay for any damages to my car if I was hit, one of them moved his car so I could use his spot. While that was nice of him, I shouldn't have had to ask, and I shouldn't have had to make multiple trips in to try to sort this out. There was also another person waiting in the lot as well, also without a spot. I understand that they permit travellers to leave cars there while they are away, but they should ensure there are enough spots for the actual guests.

The cleanliness left something to be desired. We got to the room, which was a king suite. When we opened the bed for my son, a candy wrapper fell out of the bed. There was also a dirty baggie on the floor, that housekeeping had not thrown out and was left for us to deal with.

When the pull out couch was pulled out to sleep on, there was maybe 6 inches at the bottom in which to squeeze by to get to and from the bathroom. It was very impractical. And the mattress son the pull out was old and frayed, and never really reached a flat position - my son slept on an angle all night.

Once we were settled, the fire alarm when off. While that was not the fault of the hotel (I assume someone pulled it as a joke), we all went outside and waited form some explanation or instruction. Nothing. The staff was nowhere to be found. Eventually the alarm stopped ringing and we went back inside, but some communication would have been helpful.

The breakfast in the morning was packed, an absolute zoo. Elderly people were eating standing up. People who did have seats were crammed together in a very small space, eating off paper plates. We chose to go buy breakfast elsewhere because staying and fighting for a spot was so unappealing.

Needless to say, we will stay elsewhere on our next trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Harvest, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We arrived late, hadn't eaten dinner and when I called for airport shuttle pick-up I inquired about nearby restaurants. Was informed that shuttle driver would take us to near by Burger King. What a way to win over customers. Check-in/out was very easy. First night we found the bed to be way to soft for us and had a hard time sleeping. In fact, we both slept very little that night. Our second night of stay, several days later was much better. We had different room with different bed configuration (more firm) and slept great that night. Breakfast food was typical continental breakfast.

Our room was clean, very spacious and I always mention water pressure so - the water pressure needs some work. The first night in room 125 it was ok, but second night room 108 the water pressure needs some work. Room comes with refrigerator and microwave with other standard amenities (coffee maker, blow dryer, etc.,)

Hotel is in great location to Buffalo Airport. Rental car service from airport was easy since hotel has shuttles.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cheektowaga, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Rooms were very clean. The renovations are looking beautiful. People are extremely accommodating. Thoroufgly enjoy my stay. check in is most friendly and employees are always greeting with a smile. Service is excellent.

Room Tip: Second floor is nice and quiet no outside traffic noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Columbia, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Our vacation plans got a little goofed up the night before we left so staying in Buffalo was not planned at all. We booked this hotel about 16 hours before we showed up and we were very satisfied with our choice. The pool was nice, the guy at the front desk, I believe his name was Elvis, was incredibly friendly (and so was the other staff). The room was nice and spacious, something nice when cramming 2 adults and 2 active kids in a room, and pool was nice and clean. The only complaint was that the seating area where breakfast was served was very small. It looked like they were remodeling the area, but still very cramped non the less. It is near the airport, so you will hear planes, but that didn't bother us a bit.

Orillia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is a wonderful hotel, and I don't know where to begin...

The rooms are clean and spacious. They come with flat screen TV's and the comfiest beds you will ever sleep in!! Lovely feather pills, and that night I slept in heaven.

They have an awesome breakfast buffet in the lobby that has every breakfast food you can imagine! Fresh eggs, all types of breads, cereal, waffles, yogurt, milk, hot beverages, fresh fruit, and the list goes on and on!

They have a great pool which is kept at the PERFECT temperature, and the hot tub is actually HOT! Also if you pop to the room next door there is a work out facility that is kept exceptionally clean! There are MANY machines to use so you don't have to worry about it being too busy. Fresh water and towels!

The staff to add is VERY helpful! I needed to get in touch with a friend from Germany and they gave me the numbers I needed and it costed me NOTHING... i felt at home!

Also this hotel is located near the airport so if you have a flight the next day they have a FREE shuttle service that will take you there.. the driver was really nice!

north carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Had the pleasure of staying at the comfort suites again and i always look forward to staying here when i visit buffalo for business. The rooms are so spacious, the beds are ultra comfortable, the huge flat screen has a million channels, the breakfast is one of the best i have seen in my travels, the indoor pool and a workout room with new machines is a must for me.
Oh ya.....the staff are always great and friendly....and when you travel as much as i do believe me the last thing you want is an attitude when you check in...and you DON'T get that here!
Thanx again for a great stay!

Room Tip: They are all great.......I like the upstairs myself....
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites Buffalo? Share your experiences!