“Weekend shopping trip with daughter” 5 of 5 stars

Bed N' Breakfast!
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Barrie, Canada
“Weekend shopping trip with daughter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

The hotel lobby was very welcoming and the staff upon arrival were courteous and swift with the process of registering us. The room was clean, smelt clean, bathroom updated and clean, slept well on comfortable mattresses and pillows after a long day of shopping. The cleaning staff were very professional when we slept in close to the end of their shift and were accommodating for us with accessories we would need until the following housekeeping day. Very pleasurable. I wish we had time to try the pool or a meal at the restaurant but the mall was open until 11 pm!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Linda L , Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and that you found our hotel to be clean and the staff courteous. I hope you were able to get some bargains when you and your daughter went shopping. Hopefully the next time you stay with us you will have an opportunity to utilize our pool and restaurant. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I travel for work frequently and am a Hilton Diamond member. This made zero difference when arriving at the Hilton Garden Inn at Buffalo Airport. Convenience to the airport is great, but there are ten other hotels on the same exact street that you can stay at. The hotel is outdated and the rooms are poorly decorated and maintained. Even worse, the hotel staff is rude. I have a medical service dog and was told that "pets" must be on the first floor. Talk about offensive. I don't travel with him because he is a pet, I travel with him out of medical necessity. I also have in my hotel preferences to be on a high floor and away from the elevator. Even so, I had to wait for them to check with the managers to see if it was ok for me to not be on the first floor. Twenty minutes later they said they'd make an "exception!" Unbelievable!!! ADA laws clearly state that an individual with a disability should not be treated any differently or be subjected to different treatment than a regular person. Why should my service dog be considered a "pet" and my hotel preferences be ignored just because I have a service animal? Would any hotel ever tell an individual in a wheelchair that they have to be on the first floor?

This hotel and staff is ridiculous and I will never stay there again. Again, I'm a Hilton Diamond member rarely stay at Marriott's, but the Courtyard Marriott next door is now where I stay when traveling to Buffalo!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Jennifer, Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent experience with our hotel. We are sorry for the hassle and frustration we caused and apologize for the confusion that occurred due to our "pet policy" and ADA guidelines regarding service animals, which is that we allow guest to bring their service animals onto the premises in all areas guest are generally allowed. Your experience will help us to improve our communication to guests with service animals in the future. We regret the unfortunate impression we have made and welcome you to contact our office directly if we may be of any additional assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay further. Thank you Ken Burke (General Manager)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Talk about excellent service, the General Manager, Ken Burke offered to start my car and bring it around the front of the hotel when it was 10 degrees outside and even put my luggage in the trunk. The new lobby is very nice along with the updated carpet in the rooms. In addition, I arrived around 10am and after traveling overnight and Megan checked me in early so that I could freshen up before going to our office. This is my go to place when I'm working in Buffalo and I will continue to stay here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you kimstew52 for those kind words. I will be sure to share your commetns with Megan, as she does a wonderful job for us. I appreciate that we are now your go to hotel when you come back to the Buffalo area. I look forward to your next visit and hopefully it will be a little warmer. Please enjoy your Holidays !!!
Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Close to airport and mall. Nice locals bar around the corner called Otto's. On site fitness center better than average. Courteous staff. Clean comfortable rooms which were quiet considering the airport is across the street.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you OTC_12 for taking the time to tell us of your experience. You're right, we are conveniently located to the airport, malls and some great restaurants. I'm delighted that you found your stay to be comfortable as well. I will be sure to share you comments with the entire team. I hope if your travels bring you back to this area you will decide to stay with us again.
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed at the HGI Buffalo originally because we wanted to be close to the Buffalo Airport since we had an earlier morning flight back to Tampa. We were visiting family in the Buffalo area and stayed at another hotel chain that was closer to family, about 3-40 minutes from the airport. When we checked in on a Sunday night, what a pleasant surprise: the lobby was very warm and inviting (22 degrees outside); we noticed the lobby bar which also looked inviting; the desk staff were friendly and helpful; our room was so much more comfortable and appealing than the one we had stayed at our first few nights in the area. We really enjoyed the coffee maker, the small fridge, the very clean and comfortable sleeping area. The bathroom was also very clean and pleasing to the eye. We took nice warm showers and didn't bang our elbows into the shower walls as we did at the othe property. We are currently looking at dates for our next visit up north and the Hilton Garden Inn has been moved to the top of the list for at least part of the time we will be there. I recommend this property to anyone travelling into.out of the Buffalo International Airiport.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear VegasVet53 Thank you for the great review of our hotel. As a Senior Contributor to TripAdvisor you have reviewed many hotels. It's nice to know we have moved up on your list when coming to the Buffalo area. The staff enjoys hearing that our guest are surprised when they stay with us. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team. Thank you for recommending us to others, we look forward to your next visit with us.
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

This hotel is very conveniently located close to the Buffalo Niagara airport, yet, I did not feel disturbed by flight take offs and landings. The hotel offered a free shuttle service within a radius of 5 miles and were very accommodating when ever we needed to travel to either the local mall or a near by restaurant. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff members are an outstanding lot!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you Rajamuthaiya P for taking the time to tell us of your experience. Our hotel is really convenient to the airport and your correct you will not be disturbed by any noise from the planes. I'm glad you found our staff to be an outstanding bunch. Everyone works hard to ensure our guest enjoy their stay. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to you staying with us in the future.
West Seneca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed at the HGI Buffalo with myself, wife, and 5 kids (2 of my own, plus a couple of their cousins). This was a short trip get-away for part of my twins birthday weekend. The rooms were very nice, clean, and comfortable. Everyone enjoyed the pool area (they keep that area in excellent condition). What was most notable was how wonderful the staff was from the front desk agent to the housekeeping personnel. Very nice experience and wouldn't hesitate a second to book there again.

Room Tip: We got rooms on the top floor, and they were VERY quiet...no noise at all from the street or the air...