“Comfortable, quiet and almost perfectly clean.” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4201 Genesee St, Cheektowaga, NY 14225   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Troy, Montana
“Comfortable, quiet and almost perfectly clean.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

When in Buffalo to visit family, this has become our hotel of choice. The check in was smooth, plenty of staff behind the desk, very friendly and professional. I came down to add my Honors number to my reservation and it was handled flawlessly.
Some very minor concerns on this visit.. Why, oh why is housekeeping trained to throw out the soap and shampoo that I brought from home? First, it was mine and not yours to decide to toss and I find it very wasteful to toss items that have only been used once. It was a nice facial soap and I missed it once it was gone. Also thrown out were the travel size soap and shampoo that I brought with me to handle my processed hair. This is very minor, but what if I had an allergy and needed those items?? Why not just leave me some of yours and let me use what I want. I was slightly disappointed in the response when I stopped at the desk to mention this - I did not make a big deal of it, because it is not a big deal, but I could have done without the snicker and I would have appreciated an offer to replace what had been thrown out. Probably less than ten dollars in product, but I would have appreciated the offer.
Also of note, someone really needs to clean the dirt out of the HVAC vent - very obvious when you walk in the room and and a five minute cleaning item. No, I did not mention this because I was thinking about the snicker.
The room was very clean and well maintained otherwise and the housekeeping staff that I encountered in the halls were very pleasant - I did not address the tossed item or dirty vent issue with them as there was a language barrier.
For a hotel across the street from an airport and right on the road, this is very quiet property. Clearly well run and well managed - I will be back, I just have to remember to hide my toiletries from the over zealous cleaning team.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Jeanie W, Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am delighted that we have become your hotel of choice. I apologies for the minor concern you experienced during your last visit. I have reviewed your comments with both the housekeeping and front office teams to ensure this does not happen again. To that end next time you come back with us I would like to replace those items for you. I look forward to your next visit and please allow us to do this for you..Thank you again for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Big fan of the HGI chain, generally. This one did not disappoint. Very friendly staff, loved my room. Breakfast was just OK, but adequate. Location is perfect (you can see the hotel from baggage claim at BUF). 2 miles to Duffs wings. Easy access to highway. McDonalds directly next door, if that's your thing. Super convenient. Would recommend to anyone needing to be near the Buffalo Airport.

Room Tip: If you're staying on the weekend, as I was, ask to be put far away from youth sports teams also...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you DJ Sullivan for taking the time to inform us of your experience. As a top contributor to TripAdvisor your feedback is important to us. We do have a great location for anyone who wishes to shop, dine, catch a flight, or conduct business in the area. I'm glad you found our staff to be friendly and would recommend us to others. If your travels bring you back we hope you will decide to stay with us again. Thank you and we hope to see you soon.
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is the 7th or 8th time our couple's shopping group has stayed at this hotel. It is always clean, the hotel staff are always friendly and helpful and the shuttle service to our dinner destination is always a big plus! Great location, great hotel

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Wenda R I appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. It's great to hear that you have been back so many times and continue to enjoy your stay. We work hard to ensure a clean hotel with great guest service. It's nice to know we accomplished our goal. Thank you for your continued loyalty and happy shopping. Hope to see you again real soon.
Kensington, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Nice hotel across the street from the Buffalo Airport. Surprisingly, the flights are not a distraction. Shuttle is convenient. Rooms are clean but the bathroom door closes automatically and is a nuisance. Gym was so so but the pool and spa were nice. Also, the buffet breakfast is $10.95 which is a rip off considering most of this hotel's competitors offer it for free. Overall, the service was very good and I am comfortable recommending this facility, but there are better options available.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side would be better because they don't face the airport.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you sk1952 for your feedback. I apologizes for the nuisance of the auto close on the bathroom door. We are mandated by the town to keep these doors on closures as it is a safety figure to ensure the door does not block your exit in case of an emergency. I'm glad you found our service to be good and you would recommend our hotel to others. We hope you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to this area. Thanks again for staying with us.
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

My family (2 adults, 2 teen daughters 14 & 19) stayed here for one night before flying out to Orlando. We booked a suite - more than enough room for the 4 of us for 1 night. The room was spotless and in top notch condition. From the greeting at reception, the dining room staff and the wonderful shuttle team we could not have asked for more. The hotel is immediately across the street from the hotel - exceptionally convenient.

I found upon our return home that I had lost my prescription glasses. I contacted Karen Monaco, Asst Gen Mgr, and within 2 emails my glasses were on the way to me by UPS. I was more than willing to make the arrangements and pay for the delivery but I wasn't even asked. It was just taken care of.

I can't say how much I appreciated the personal service and caring shown by Karen and her staff.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you DevMegsMum for taking the time to tell us of your recent stay. It's nice to hear that your stay was Excellent from start to finish. I hope you and your family had a wonderful time in Orlando. I'm also glad that Karen was able to assist you in returning your glasses to you. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Gainesville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Nice hotel close to airport- literally right across the street. Accomodations are spacious and shower head has a massage feature. Complimentary water for the room at check in is a nice perk. Airport shuttle runs every 30 minutes.

Room Tip: rooms across from airport are a little noisy with late night plane traffic
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you PJg8r for sharing your experience with us. Our location is ideal for those who which to catch an early flight, go to a nearby restaurant, or plan on shopping. We are literally 15 minutes from anywhere you need to be. As a Senior Contributor on TripAdvisor your feedback is valuable to us. Thank you for taking the time to inform us and we hope to see you again.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Will definitely stay again, clean, comfortable rooms/beds. Excellent service. We did have a small issue with our room, and staff addressed the problem immediately and efficiently! gym, Pool and hot tub area were also clean. Fresh fruit was available at front desk and coffee in the morning. Breakfast was very good and great selection.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear TripAdvisor Member, we appreciate your comments about your recent stay with us. It's nice to hear that our staff and service were both great. We try hard to ensure all our guest have a wonderful stay. I see you took advantage of our breakfast. We feel our breakfast has great value and our guest enjoy the selection of items we offer. Again, Thank you for your time and we hope you will stay again when your travels bring you to the Buffalo area.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!