“Probably wouldn't go back!” 3 of 5 stars

Bed N' Breakfast!
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Buffalo, New York
“Probably wouldn't go back!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This hotel is lovely on the inside - the lobby and the rooms are great. There wasn't any noise from the airplanes, that I can recall, even though you are directly across the street. For the price though, I probably wouldn't return. The staff wasn't terribly helpful or friendly. The restaurant was really expensive. Breakfast was an extra cost, as well. I didn't see the value in paying so much. There are better deals to be had.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay, I respect your candor and apologizes you did not feel our value matched our services. We strive to provide a personalized experience for each of our guest while actively offering enhanced services for comfort and convenience. I appreciate your review as it provides feedback that I need to re-evaluate guest needs and make the necessary adjustments to our offerings. We hope you will stay with us again and let us know how we are doing...Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Friendly staff nice pool but a little expensive considering you do not get breakfast with accommodation.
Renovations in the lobby are complete and very nice looking plus free cookies.
Would stay again if hotel was to lower price or add free breakfast to price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you Luckett C for reviewing our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed our pool and found our staff to be friendly. I'm sorry you weren't satisfied with paying for breakfast. We feel our breakfast is much more then you get at other hotels: cooked to order eggs, bacon , sausage, waffles, as well as a variety of cereals, pastries, and fruits . Hilton Honor guest have the option of including breakfast as part of their benefits. If you are not an Honors guest then we do offer rates which include our breakfast. ( Bed N Breakfast rate) I hope if your travels bring you back to the Buffalo area you will decide to stay with us again and sign up to be a Hilton Honors guest. Thank you again for your valuable feedback. Hope to see you soon
Niagara Falls, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

They called the day before ( too late for us to book another Hotel of course!!!) our check-in to say the front lobby was closed for renovations so we would have to use the back but someone would be there to help us with our luggage. When we arrived during a snow storm there was no-one there to help out back as they promised, we had to park and lug our 3 suitcases through the slush & snow ourselves . When we checked in they advised us the elevator would not be in service when we were checking out to catch our flight but staff would help us down the stairs with our luggage in the morning. When we checked out they sent up ( 3rd Floor) a small but very sweet little girl to carry down our luggage so as you can guess we carried most down ourselves ( both of us in our sixties) the 3 flights. Also we had to call down at 3 am to ask they try and please stop the kids running up and down the halls for the past hour, no luck there either. Please note this is the first time ever we have companied about a Hotel experience ever, we just are not complainers.
With the reservations made 6 months in advance they had plenty of time to warn us ahead of time & we could have made other arrangements. An e-mail complaint to Hilton headquarters only respose was typical boiler plate form letter and no apology from the Hotel manager at all.
Have stayed at Hilton before with no problems, but obviously if there is really a problem they could care less. So I will avoid staying at ALL Hiltons in the future

Room Tip: Get a room at another Hotel, if you have problems or expect help you are on your own here.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience. I apologizes for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay. We worked hard to inform our guest of our renovations and made every effort to minimize its impact on our guest. Please know that your satisfaction is the utmost importance to us, and we will be reaching out to you directly in an attempt to resolve the situation. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and look forward to speaking to you. Thank you again for your feedback
Albany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I just stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and the updates they made look great. The hotel is in a perfect location right by the airport and minutes from downtown Buffalo. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel with is friendly staff and great new look.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you Gary P for the nice review of our hotel. I'm glad you like our new look. We are extremely proud of our renovations and our guest seem to enjoy our new look as well. Our location is very convenient for those who like to shop or need to use the airport. I hope when your travels bring you to this area you will continue to use our hotel.....Thank you again for your loyalty.
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Met up with some friends and booked several rooms at this hotel. The location was great for shopping and dining The renovations to the lobby were just finishing up. My only complaint could be the cleaning staff slamming doors in the morning. They put the nite latch out, then the door stays open for them, however, they slam those poor doors all morning. Hotel was very cleand and the room very nicey furnished.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Lazytraveller13....Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience. I'm glad you found our location to be very convienent for your needs. Our staff works hard to ensure our hotel is clean and looks it's best at all times. Sorry that the housekeepers let the doors slam in the early morning, I will review this with the entire department. Once again I appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you soon.....Thank you
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This was already my favorite Buffalo hotel and now it has moved up to excellent plus. I stay 4-8 times per month and have been very happy here. Despite location across from airport it is extremely quiet and I always sleep well. Recent upgrades have made it better. New lobby is open and pleasant. Breakfast to order is quick and good. New couch and chairs in 2 room suite. Gym is the best of any of the Hilton properties I stay in with everything in fine working order and state of the art equipment. Room service menu offers healthy options and desk staff could not be nicer. I love this hotel!

Room Tip: I always stay in a 2 room suite which includes fridge, microwave and 2 tvs. Very well laid out and...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Jett137 for the great review of our hotel. As a top contributor on TripAdvisor your feedback is important to us as you obviously are a seasoned traveler. Thanks for recognizing some of the features our hotel offers as well as our great staff. I'm glad to see you continue to use our wonderful fitness center. I see you like our renovations as well. Again Thank you and hope to see you again real soon.
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was there for a funeral and it was so nice to be in a warm, friendly, clean and comfortable place. My father accidentally left his lights on and they went out and quickly gave us a jump charge. I got a glass a wine in the evening and enjoyed sitting by the fire place. In the morning I had a delicious omelet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Stemula, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please accept my condolences for your loss. I hope you are doing well. As a regular TripAdvisor contributor your feedback is very important to us. I am glad we were able to assist you with your car needs. I hope you will stay with us in the future when your travels bring you back to this area. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!