“Great location & convenient with the park 'n fly option!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Toronto, Canada
“Great location & convenient with the park 'n fly option!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Being Canadian, it's in a great location. The accommodations were very good, staff very friendly and the shuttle to the airport was right on time. It made our trip very relaxing. We would definitely consider staying here again.
Thanks again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Linda A. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We enjoy when our Canadian neighbors come down to shop or fly out of Buffalo. We realize that people are anxious to go on vacation and our Park N Fly package makes its a little more relaxing for them. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope your vacation was a good one. Hope to see you again real soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

The staff here EXEMPLIFIES the word hospitality. I check into 250 hotels a year on average and am constantly subjected to people that hate their jobs. This was a refreshing change, but it is what I expect at a Hilton branded property.

Stayed March 2013
Dear Richard S. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. As a seasoned traveler you certainly under the meaning of Hospitality. I'm glad you feel our hotel exemplifies that word. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire staff as they work hard to ensure all our guest have a wonderful stay. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Naperville, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is one to avoid fellow travelers. Not only is the hotel undergoing lobby renovations, the staff is rude. As a Diamond member I have never, ever, been denied free breakfast. That is one reason I stay at Hiltons. Here I was denied, yes denied and the manager on duty said each property has their own policy. To boot, they put a sign in the room promising to satisfy or you don't pay. I called again and nope no breakfast and yes I DO pay. Check out the view from my "Diamond Status" upgrade. Nice dumpster, huh?

Room Tip: Is there a good room here?
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We apologize that you were disappointed in your experience and will keep your comments on our breakfast service and Hhonors upgrades in mind as we constantly look for ways to improve our guest satisfaction. Please know that we value each of our guests and we welcome you to contact our offices directly if we may be of any additional assistance or is you would like to discuss your stay further. Again Thank you for your feedback.
Troy, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was not my first stay here and while the hotel is directly across the street from the airport (very handy for the early morning flight) - it is one of the quietest hotels that I have ever stayed in. They were in the process of remodeling the lobby - not an issue as they had several clear signs about where to go to check in. Their website VERY clearly stated that the lobby and restaurant were undergoing renovation. For the people who missed that and left a bad review - pay attention please. And, why does it matter - they are providing me with what I need, why does it matter where they do so?
The check in was smooth and efficient, which was greatly appreciated, given the late hour of our arrival. It was quiet - did I mention that? Wonderful - able to turn on the air system to an all night fan system - wonderful. Our room had a sitting area - but no door to close off the bedroom from the rest of the area. Also, the bathroom did not have a fan and it was quite hard to see the mirror post shower. Minor, a very minor issue.
Housekeeping was outstanding - very clean, very complete, friendly but not intrusive.
We will certainly stay again when in Buffalo.
The only real negative was breakfast - it was disgusting and overpriced. I will attribute this to the renovations as I have enjoyed the breakfast here in the past.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the road for a quiet night.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the very complimentary review of your hotel stay with us. As a top contributor to TripAdvisor we value your input as you have traveled and stay in many hotels. I am glad to see that you check the website and seen that we were under renovation. We have worked hard to lessen the impact on our guest. I'm sorry that our breakfast was to standards. We are looking to upgrade this area and hopefully when you come back you will see a nice change in our breakfast buffet. Again, Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again real soon.
NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This Hilton has a very good location if your flying out of Buffalo International, employees at the desk and resturant were courtious, polite and helpful as was the shuttle drivers but that's about it. Once inside and to your room everything is about average for a stay in the area. The reasons I give it a poor rating are for one the renovations are dragging out to long. The front lobby has been undergoing renovations since sometime just after the first of the year and nothing has changed and it's March. One would think it would be in the hotel's interest to work longer hours and get it done. I was told by hotel staff the crew is from the Carolinas and hadn't been progressing the work and always having problems The problem is you can't drive up to or unload at the front enterance. We were there for a stop over and had four bags we had to carry from the parking lot out back to the side (main for the time being) enterance. This may seem trival if you're traveling light but we weren't. The price for this hotel is among the highest in the area for a stop over but I didn't notice what the benefit of that was. Our biggest frustration was trying to use the courtisy phone at the airport to get a shuttle on our return. The Hilton Garden isn't on the touch screen so we inquired with "ground transportation" if they could help. When we told where we were staying and asked why it wouldn't be there we were told "they're to cheap to pay for it". We were suprised at that with the rate they charge. I gave the poor rating hoping that someone from managment reads this and want them to know they should progress their renovations, don't be "so cheap" and it is very unlikely we'll stay with you on our next flight out of Buffalo International. If you can't offer what you're charging for drop your rates to other hotel in the area untill you can.

Room Tip: make sure renovations are complete before you decide to stay and ask about shuttle service
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are so sorry for the inconvenience our renovations have caused you and we regret the delay in their completion. We know that our construction is making for an unpleasant environment and we are working to finish as soon as possible so that our guests can enjoy our property and it's amenities to the fullest. We hope you will return to stay with us again once our improvements are completed so that we may show you the quality stay and hospitality you expect and deserve from us. Thank you again for your feedback.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed overnight at this venue while traveling on business while renovations were underway. While oddly placed, the "front desk" staff and structure worked fine without an issue. The same goes for the "restaurant/bar" area. It all worked fine for me, but I felt sympathetic for the staff having to work in the elements they were provided. It seems as thought the project team could have provided both areas with far better provisions making their difficult tasks easier. Beyond that, all areas were as expected for a Hilton property from what I experienced. The location could not be more convenient to the airport and the room was extremely quiet relative to the proximity which was a pleasant experience. I think this is a good option for any length of stay but I find myself wanting to rank it higher than what I experienced. I will keep this hotel on my list if the opportunity presents itself without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I would like to take this opportunity to Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm glad you found our location to the airport to be convenient for you. Our rooms are extremely quiet and noise from the airport has not been an issue. I apologize if our renovations have caused any inconvenience to you. We are excited about our renovations which will be completed later this month. We hope you will come back to see them for yourself. Thank you again and hope to see you soon.
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Spent one night at this property during the 3rd weekend of February 2013.

Although the lobby was under renovation the staff did what they could given the situation.

Both the front desk and the Restaurant/Bar were relocated to conference rooms. Somewhat amusing, but functional.

The Restaurant Staff working the Bar were delightful and those working the breakfast shift did their best given the crazy space they had to work with.

As with our previous stay the room, a junior suite, was spacious and functional given the size of our family.

We will return without question.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. As a seasoned contributor to Tripadvisor we value your opinion. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found our restaurant / bar setup to be functional. We are working hard to complete our lobby renovations in a timely manner. I hope you will come back in the near future to see the difference for yourself

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!