“Clean, quiet and comfortable - what more can you ask for?” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4201 Genesee St, Cheektowaga, NY 14225   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Troy, Montana
“Clean, quiet and comfortable - what more can you ask for?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was not my first stay here and while the hotel is directly across the street from the airport (very handy for the early morning flight) - it is one of the quietest hotels that I have ever stayed in. They were in the process of remodeling the lobby - not an issue as they had several clear signs about where to go to check in. Their website VERY clearly stated that the lobby and restaurant were undergoing renovation. For the people who missed that and left a bad review - pay attention please. And, why does it matter - they are providing me with what I need, why does it matter where they do so?
The check in was smooth and efficient, which was greatly appreciated, given the late hour of our arrival. It was quiet - did I mention that? Wonderful - able to turn on the air system to an all night fan system - wonderful. Our room had a sitting area - but no door to close off the bedroom from the rest of the area. Also, the bathroom did not have a fan and it was quite hard to see the mirror post shower. Minor, a very minor issue.
Housekeeping was outstanding - very clean, very complete, friendly but not intrusive.
We will certainly stay again when in Buffalo.
The only real negative was breakfast - it was disgusting and overpriced. I will attribute this to the renovations as I have enjoyed the breakfast here in the past.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the road for a quiet night.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for the very complimentary review of your hotel stay with us. As a top contributor to TripAdvisor we value your input as you have traveled and stay in many hotels. I am glad to see that you check the website and seen that we were under renovation. We have worked hard to lessen the impact on our guest. I'm sorry that our breakfast was to standards. We are looking to upgrade this area and hopefully when you come back you will see a nice change in our breakfast buffet. Again, Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again real soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This Hilton has a very good location if your flying out of Buffalo International, employees at the desk and resturant were courtious, polite and helpful as was the shuttle drivers but that's about it. Once inside and to your room everything is about average for a stay in the area. The reasons I give it a poor rating are for one the renovations are dragging out to long. The front lobby has been undergoing renovations since sometime just after the first of the year and nothing has changed and it's March. One would think it would be in the hotel's interest to work longer hours and get it done. I was told by hotel staff the crew is from the Carolinas and hadn't been progressing the work and always having problems The problem is you can't drive up to or unload at the front enterance. We were there for a stop over and had four bags we had to carry from the parking lot out back to the side (main for the time being) enterance. This may seem trival if you're traveling light but we weren't. The price for this hotel is among the highest in the area for a stop over but I didn't notice what the benefit of that was. Our biggest frustration was trying to use the courtisy phone at the airport to get a shuttle on our return. The Hilton Garden isn't on the touch screen so we inquired with "ground transportation" if they could help. When we told where we were staying and asked why it wouldn't be there we were told "they're to cheap to pay for it". We were suprised at that with the rate they charge. I gave the poor rating hoping that someone from managment reads this and want them to know they should progress their renovations, don't be "so cheap" and it is very unlikely we'll stay with you on our next flight out of Buffalo International. If you can't offer what you're charging for drop your rates to other hotel in the area untill you can.

Room Tip: make sure renovations are complete before you decide to stay and ask about shuttle service
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are so sorry for the inconvenience our renovations have caused you and we regret the delay in their completion. We know that our construction is making for an unpleasant environment and we are working to finish as soon as possible so that our guests can enjoy our property and it's amenities to the fullest. We hope you will return to stay with us again once our improvements are completed so that we may show you the quality stay and hospitality you expect and deserve from us. Thank you again for your feedback.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed overnight at this venue while traveling on business while renovations were underway. While oddly placed, the "front desk" staff and structure worked fine without an issue. The same goes for the "restaurant/bar" area. It all worked fine for me, but I felt sympathetic for the staff having to work in the elements they were provided. It seems as thought the project team could have provided both areas with far better provisions making their difficult tasks easier. Beyond that, all areas were as expected for a Hilton property from what I experienced. The location could not be more convenient to the airport and the room was extremely quiet relative to the proximity which was a pleasant experience. I think this is a good option for any length of stay but I find myself wanting to rank it higher than what I experienced. I will keep this hotel on my list if the opportunity presents itself without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I would like to take this opportunity to Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm glad you found our location to the airport to be convenient for you. Our rooms are extremely quiet and noise from the airport has not been an issue. I apologize if our renovations have caused any inconvenience to you. We are excited about our renovations which will be completed later this month. We hope you will come back to see them for yourself. Thank you again and hope to see you soon.
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Spent one night at this property during the 3rd weekend of February 2013.

Although the lobby was under renovation the staff did what they could given the situation.

Both the front desk and the Restaurant/Bar were relocated to conference rooms. Somewhat amusing, but functional.

The Restaurant Staff working the Bar were delightful and those working the breakfast shift did their best given the crazy space they had to work with.

As with our previous stay the room, a junior suite, was spacious and functional given the size of our family.

We will return without question.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. As a seasoned contributor to Tripadvisor we value your opinion. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found our restaurant / bar setup to be functional. We are working hard to complete our lobby renovations in a timely manner. I hope you will come back in the near future to see the difference for yourself

Brampton, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The Hotel was amazingly clean! Room was clean and refreshing and the food was AMAZING! I was surprised with teh Lobby Renovations; however, teh staff made up for that with their excellent and courteous service from we entered the hotel!
My wife is a bit picky with the food at hotels; however, the Wings she ordered and the Salmon i ordered was EXCELLENT! I could not have obtained a better meal outside the hotel! I used to tell friends that teh best Salmon I ever had was at Wolfgang Puck's in Niagara Falls Canada; however, that has changed since my Salmon at the Hilton Garden Inn, Buffalo Airport!!
Thank you for a great stay! Carl Johnson

Room Tip: Rooms NOT facing teh Airport appears to be more relaxing and almost no outside noise! Bright and ref...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thanks Carl for the glowing review. It's nice to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and our staff to be courteous. These are two characteristics which are important to guest. I'm glad you had a chance to try our restaurant and found our food to be to your liking. We feel we have an excellent restaurant and a wonderful kitchen staff. Thank you again for the rave review and I hope to see you again in the near future

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We travelled here in January for the first time, our family of 5 were flying out of the local airport. You can't beat the location! The rooms were clean to the point that they even had antibacterial sealed napkins on each of the remote controls. The room had 2 generous sized flat screens, which was an added bonus since the kids could watch their shows.

We accidentally lost our video camera when checking out, it fell off the luggage cart. When we got back from our vacation we went back to the hotel and they had it there!! After answering specific questions about the camera they gave it back to us. Overall we had a really nice time even if it was just for a night!

Only one negative, they were renovating the entrance so we had to go in from the back. Because of the snow the area was not covered so it got a little messy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience. We always enjoy when our northern neighbors come down for a visit. I'm glad you found our hotel to be so convenient to your needs. I sorry you were unable to take your camera on vacation with you, but it's a good thing we were able to locate it for you. Our renovations will be completed near the end of March and we are excited for our new look. I hope if your travels bring you back to this area you will have a chance to stay with us again and view the changes for yourself. Thanks again and hope to see you soon
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I would say that over all this Hotel is very good, exactly what I would expend from the Hilton Brand. I am giving the review a poorer rating based on the lack of customer service. My family (2 Adults, 2 Seniors, 2 Young Children) stayed here overnight so as to take advantage of the Park and Fly package. We stayed Christmas Eve for one night.
Here's Why I Probably Won't Stay Here Again: Walking in to the lobby with a pile of luggage and young children, the 3 people at the front desk all stood and watched us struggle and there was no offer of any help, even just to provide a luggage cart. Note: There were no customers at the desk or even in the lobby at the time, it was Christmas time, it was empty. Realizing that we had to leave the hotel very early (5:30 a.m.) I asked the front desk if there was anything available in relation to ordering food or purchasing anything from the "pantry" that resembled breakfast items and was told there was nothing other than what I saw. I later found out that there can be breakfast packs made available if requested. Nice to know after my two year old and four year old had to get by on snacks until we cleared security at the airport.
Airport Shuttle Service: Great

Room Tip: Your at the airport, there is traffic, still a great sleep with minimal noise no matter where you sl...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to Thank you for this valuable feedback about your stay with us. I also would like to apologize on behalf of my entire team for not assisting you with your luggage needs. We have used your feedback as a training tool and can assure you this lack of service will not be repeated. We have also made arrangements to have fresh fruit and breakfast items available for our guest who are catching early morning flights. I would again like to Thank you for your valuable feedback and hope you will stay with us in the near future. I know you will like what you see.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!