“Make Sure Their Renovation is Finished Before You Stay There!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points Package!
Ranked #2 of 19 hotels in Cheektowaga
Chicago
“Make Sure Their Renovation is Finished Before You Stay There!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Don't get me wrong...it's a lovely hotel.

It's a fantastic location if you're going in or out of Buffalo and need something convenient to the airport.

The staff is fantastic.

BUT, they never said ONE WORD about the fact that right now, THEY HAVE NO LOBBY. NO REAL RESTAURANT. NO REAL FRONT DESK. Yes, this is something you might have wanted to know before you stayed there.

The front desk is now in a meeting room.

The bar/restaurant is now in a meeting room.

There is no lobby. This is not convenient.

I was annoyed. But their staff was great and that helped to get me over my annoyance.

It's standard Hilton Garden Inn stuff. It's clean. It's nice. But make sure the renovations are complete before you book. If they are not done, DON'T STAY THERE!!!

I'd have appreciated a HUGE price break for the inconvenience. I didn't get it.

Room Tip: All the rooms are basically the same. No great views; no street noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for choosing out hotel during your recent visit to Buffalo. During your visit our renovation was in full operation. We tried to notify as many guest as possible and I apologize that you were not informed. We are extremely excited about our progress and when completed our restaurant, bar and front desk will have a new amazing look. I hope if your travels bring you back to this area you will stay with us again and see the difference for yourself. Thank you for your feedback and I hope you will visit us again real soon.

374 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This property is a typical HGI. The lobby is undergoing renovation so check-in was in one of the meeting rooms as was the restaurant. Our room was nice enough just like every other HGI!

The reason they are only getting 3 stars from me is that housekeeping banged on my door about 8:15am in spite of the "do not disturb" sign! My husband took an early morning shuttle to the airport so perhaps they thought we'd left but even so, I would hope they would have waited a bit later to be sure! Checkout isn't until 11am!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us about your stay. I apologize that housekeeping knocked on your door early in the morning. We know how important it is not to disturb our guest. Our staff communicates with the front desk to determine who has checked out and apparently our staff felt the room was vacant. Please accept my apologies. We are excited about our renovations and hope you will come back to see the difference. Thank you again for your feedback and hope to see you soon.
Oshawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is fantastic. We like to stay at the Double Tree and other than the pillows we did not see a difference. The staff were fantastic. When we needed something they went out of their way to take care of it. The pool and hot tub are really nice and relaxing. We never heared a plane. If there was some way to have the doors not slam would be a bonus. You can hear the doors of people leaving for early flights and when you do not have to get up it s a bit loud. We will stay their again for sure. There is a restaurant but we did not use it. 5 stars all around.

• Stayed January 2013
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
I would like to Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. I'm glad you found our hotel to your liking. It's nice to see you took advantage of our great pool and hot tub. We feel we have the best pool and fitness center in the area and our guest rave about it. I make sure to share your comments to the entire staff. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The staff was nice. Directly across the street from the airport. Shuttle service is available. The only issue we had was that we did not get our requested 4am wake up call -- which was needed to catch our flight. We were on the first flight out of the airport that morning. Thank goodness we had set our own alarms as well. Other than that, the hotel was fine.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I can see that you travel often and are a top contributor to Tripadvisor. I apologize that you did not receive your wake up call. I will share your comments with our front desk team. I hope the next time your travels bring you back to this area you will decide to stay with us again. Thank you again for your feedback, hope to see you soon.
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Smooth check-in - clean and comfortable room - quiet. We hear some planes taking off and landing but that never bothers me - it was not very loud. Good parking - right across from the airport so excellent location of you have an early morning flight. There is a restaurant in the hotel however we did not use it. Nice fitness area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm glad you found our hotel to be convenient for your needs. Many of our northern neighbors enjoy flying out of Buffalo and our hotel location makes it ideal for them. I'm sorry you did not have a chance to experience our restaurant as we recently changed our menu and have received some great reviews. I hope the next time you fly out of Buffalo you will continue to utilize our hotel. Hope to see you soon. Thank you again !!
Fonthill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed here overnight after a late flight in to Buffalo....Canadians so we wanted to go shopping the next day..and get use our allowance. Very nice hotel staff. Basic room but very clean...bathroom very clean too. The pool is indoor and is huge. In house restaurant...never used.
McDonald's right next door!
Neutrogena toiletries..nice.
Overall, it suited our bill!
Thank you Hilton!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
I would like to Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. I'm glad you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. I see you took advantage of our great pool. We hear compliments about our pool and fitness center. We have state of the art equipment in both areas which is very important to today's traveler. I hope if your travels bring you back to this area you will decide to stay with us again. Thank you again for your time and I look forward to you staying with us.
North Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This hotel has it all ! The staff was great and friendly !! Breakfast Buffet was very good for the 10.95 price !! The pool was very warm and hot tub was great ! There fitness was good size with up to date machines ! The room was very nice and bed was very comfortable . The room had mini frig and microwave . The hotel is within 5 miles of plenty of good restaurants . The hotel does serve dinner but we did not eat there ! Overall I would say this was in my top 5 I've stayed at and I have stayed at many many hotels ! Enjoy your stay !

Room Tip: Had king room it was great
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for the great review of our hotel. It is a real honor and privilege to be mentioned in your top 5 hotels as I can see you are a seasoned traveler. I am delighted that you found our staff to be friendly and accommodating and I see you took advantage of our great fitness center and pool. I will be sure to share your comments with the team We truly appreciate your feedback and I hope you will have a chance in the future to stay with us again. Thank you and we hope you have a wonderful holiday

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!