“Typical HGI” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Syracuse, New York
“Typical HGI”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This property is a typical HGI. The lobby is undergoing renovation so check-in was in one of the meeting rooms as was the restaurant. Our room was nice enough just like every other HGI!

The reason they are only getting 3 stars from me is that housekeeping banged on my door about 8:15am in spite of the "do not disturb" sign! My husband took an early morning shuttle to the airport so perhaps they thought we'd left but even so, I would hope they would have waited a bit later to be sure! Checkout isn't until 11am!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us about your stay. I apologize that housekeeping knocked on your door early in the morning. We know how important it is not to disturb our guest. Our staff communicates with the front desk to determine who has checked out and apparently our staff felt the room was vacant. Please accept my apologies. We are excited about our renovations and hope you will come back to see the difference. Thank you again for your feedback and hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Oshawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The hotel is fantastic. We like to stay at the Double Tree and other than the pillows we did not see a difference. The staff were fantastic. When we needed something they went out of their way to take care of it. The pool and hot tub are really nice and relaxing. We never heared a plane. If there was some way to have the doors not slam would be a bonus. You can hear the doors of people leaving for early flights and when you do not have to get up it s a bit loud. We will stay their again for sure. There is a restaurant but we did not use it. 5 stars all around.

• Stayed January 2013
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
I would like to Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. I'm glad you found our hotel to your liking. It's nice to see you took advantage of our great pool and hot tub. We feel we have the best pool and fitness center in the area and our guest rave about it. I make sure to share your comments to the entire staff. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The staff was nice. Directly across the street from the airport. Shuttle service is available. The only issue we had was that we did not get our requested 4am wake up call -- which was needed to catch our flight. We were on the first flight out of the airport that morning. Thank goodness we had set our own alarms as well. Other than that, the hotel was fine.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I can see that you travel often and are a top contributor to Tripadvisor. I apologize that you did not receive your wake up call. I will share your comments with our front desk team. I hope the next time your travels bring you back to this area you will decide to stay with us again. Thank you again for your feedback, hope to see you soon.
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Smooth check-in - clean and comfortable room - quiet. We hear some planes taking off and landing but that never bothers me - it was not very loud. Good parking - right across from the airport so excellent location of you have an early morning flight. There is a restaurant in the hotel however we did not use it. Nice fitness area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm glad you found our hotel to be convenient for your needs. Many of our northern neighbors enjoy flying out of Buffalo and our hotel location makes it ideal for them. I'm sorry you did not have a chance to experience our restaurant as we recently changed our menu and have received some great reviews. I hope the next time you fly out of Buffalo you will continue to utilize our hotel. Hope to see you soon. Thank you again !!
Fonthill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed here overnight after a late flight in to Buffalo....Canadians so we wanted to go shopping the next day..and get use our allowance. Very nice hotel staff. Basic room but very clean...bathroom very clean too. The pool is indoor and is huge. In house restaurant...never used.
McDonald's right next door!
Neutrogena toiletries..nice.
Overall, it suited our bill!
Thank you Hilton!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
I would like to Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. I'm glad you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. I see you took advantage of our great pool. We hear compliments about our pool and fitness center. We have state of the art equipment in both areas which is very important to today's traveler. I hope if your travels bring you back to this area you will decide to stay with us again. Thank you again for your time and I look forward to you staying with us.
North Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This hotel has it all ! The staff was great and friendly !! Breakfast Buffet was very good for the 10.95 price !! The pool was very warm and hot tub was great ! There fitness was good size with up to date machines ! The room was very nice and bed was very comfortable . The room had mini frig and microwave . The hotel is within 5 miles of plenty of good restaurants . The hotel does serve dinner but we did not eat there ! Overall I would say this was in my top 5 I've stayed at and I have stayed at many many hotels ! Enjoy your stay !

Room Tip: Had king room it was great
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for the great review of our hotel. It is a real honor and privilege to be mentioned in your top 5 hotels as I can see you are a seasoned traveler. I am delighted that you found our staff to be friendly and accommodating and I see you took advantage of our great fitness center and pool. I will be sure to share your comments with the team We truly appreciate your feedback and I hope you will have a chance in the future to stay with us again. Thank you and we hope you have a wonderful holiday
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We got a deal to stay here 2 nights, while shopping. Close to Walden Galleria mall, TJ max, Target etc. It's right across from the airport but noise was not a problem. We ate dinner in the lobby - the food really wasn't very good, but the service was good -they brought an extra bowl of fruit for our toddler who wasn't eating anything else on her plate...... no cost :)
If you get a deal to stay here it's great, but I wouldn't say it's worth full price. Pool was nice. Rooms were clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your recent experience at our hotel. We recently changed our menu and have received favorable reviews about the food, I am sorry your dinner wasn't what you expected. I will be sure to share your comments with our Executive Chef and the entire kitchen team. I am glad that you found your room clean and the service was good. I hope the next time you come back to this area you will give us another chance to show you what a great restaurant we have here. Thank you for your comments and I hope you enjoy your holidays.