“Great Hotel for a stay before a flight from Buffalo” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #2 of 19 hotels in Cheektowaga
Hamilton, Ont.
“Great Hotel for a stay before a flight from Buffalo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We booked this hotel based on the reviews here on Trip Advisor and for it's location across the street from the Buffalo Airport. We were quite pleased with our choice.

We really liked the hotel. It was clean, nicely decorated, comfortable, good beds and pillows. Staff was nice and welcoming. We had 2 rooms booked with the stay, park and fly option. We left our car there for the 2 weeks we were away. The hotel shuttle took us to the airport and picked us up on our return. We thought it was a good deal.
The restaurant in the hotel had decent food. We ate dinner there and breakfast the next morning. Prices were reasonable.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel, especially if you are flying out of Buffalo Airport.
Next time we fly from Buffalo it will be the hotel I book.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Many of our northern neighbors take advantage of our location to the airport when flying out of Buffalo. I'm glad you found our hotel to be convenient to your needs. I'm also delighted that you would recommend our hotel to others who may also wish to fly out of Buffalo. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to you staying with us again in the near future.

376 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Seven friends decided to embark on Buffalo, NY for post Black Friday sales the weekend after the Thanksgiving Weekend. We drove down from Toronto, Canada, and after two other hotel choices were unavailable, we went with the Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport Hotel. As the trip organizer, I had read reviews from tripadvisor etc., and hoped for the best. We were not disappointed. It was fantastic.
From the moment we checked in we were impressed with the atmosphere, friendly staff and tasteful decor. Desk staff greeted us and had already received and immediately passed on a message to one of our party. Great job. Complimentary cupcakes and lemon water were a welcome discovery as well (after a long day of shopping).
Our suite was immaculate. Our only small disappointment was the size of the pull out couch. It was a love seat, so not really appropriate for a large adult to sleep on (they don't mention that in the hotel description of the suite. There were three women sharing this room, so one person had to settle for the pull out). We had to call down to the desk for extra blankets, and other things a couple of times, but we were always assisted within minutes by extremely pleasant, helpful staff. Phenomenal.
Although we were near the airport, I was never aware of airplane sounds. Unfortunately, we did find that the forced air system in our room was extremely loud and woke us up occasionally when it turned on. It also produced a huge draft over one of the beds and caused the air to be extremely DRY. Our friends in other rooms also found the air to be incredibly dry. This might be a humidity issue, but it did make our sleep a little uncomfortable.
Regardless of the dry air and small pull out, it was a wonderful travel experience and we would definitely stay there again. A beautiful place with beautiful staff who made us really feel that our comfort was their concern. Thank you for a great stay.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor, but don't know if it is louder (AC unit) or quieter on any other fl...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
I really appreciate the great review of our hotel. I'm glad you found our staff to be very accommodating to your needs. I'll be sure to share your comments with the entire team. Your right, our location is great for shoppers as we are conveniently located near several malls and shopping plazas. You may be happy to know that shortly we will be renovating our guest and will provide a larger pull out sofa sleeper. This will make it more comfortable for larger families or our devoted shoppers. Again I want to thank you for the great review and hope to see you again in the near future.
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I travel to Buffalo quite often. The people there are almost always friendly. The staff at the Hilton Garden have been the best I have ever encountered. From the minute I checked in to my checkout 2 days later I couldnt have been made to feel more welcome.
I need directions and they printed out for me....highlighted the route, and told me where to avoid traffic. My first choice on my Buffalo visits will always be this hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for the great review of our hotel. I am glad our staff was able to assist you with directions and help you avoid the early morning traffic. Our number one goal is the serve our guest and make them feel welcomed. I am delighted that we were able to accomplish this goal.
Thank you again for taking time to review us and we hope to serve you again in the near future.
Colden, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Our stay here was very enjoyable. The staff was very professional and upbeat when checking in. They were very helpful with any questions we had about the area. The rooms were bright and clean. We would definitly come back here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I would like to Thank you for taking the time to review your hotel stay with us. I am glad you found our staff to be friendly and accommodating. We will continue to work hard to ensure that you will enjoy your next stay as well.. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team. Look forward to you staying with us again in the near future.
Guelph
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We found the hotel quite lovely, it was close to shopping and the airport, but noise from the airport was not an issue. Our room was large and very nicely appointed; very comfy with 4 guests. The business center was a real bonus for us shoppers as we went online and found valuable coupons and printed them. We weren't interested in a large breakfast as the buffet would have been, but we were able to purchase just the toast we were looking for. Dinner in the restaurant was delicious and quite reasonably priced. The staff were very friendly and eager to be helpful.

Room Tip: Only breakfast buffet advertised, but a la carte options available on request.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
I would like to Thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel. I'm glad you found our staff to be friendly and willing to help. Our location makes it perfect for guest to shop at the nearby malls. I see you found our restaurant to be convenient as well. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Very convenient location, right next door is "the parking spot" to leave your car for park n fly. Rooms are very clean and the shuttle service was excellent in the morning. This is the first time we flew out of Buffalo and they made it so easy.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hear from many of our Canadian friends how convenient it is to fly out of Buffalo. Our 24 hour shuttle service truly makes it easy for our guest to get to and from the airport. I'm glad you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable as well. Next time you fly out of Buffalo I hope you will decide to stay with us again.
Selden, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding we went to in Buffalo. The hotel was very large and directly across from the Buffalo Airport. It was convenient for family that was flying in since they offered a free shuttle. The rooms were clean and quiet. I would stay here again if we traveled to Buffalo.
Only downside, they do not offer a free continental breakfast but do have a 10.00 buffet in the lobby that looked nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your hotel stay with us. I'm glad you found our rooms to be clean and quiet, these are two important factors when choosing a hotel. I'm sorry we do not offer a complimentary continental breakfast, however as you saw we do have a terrific breakfast of made to order eggs, pancakes, waffles, etc for only $10.95. Many of our guest rave at our breakfast selections. We hope to see you again in the near future and again Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!