“disgusting” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Cheektowaga, New York
“disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Plates, silverware and glasses downright dirty - why hasn't the health inspector shut this place down? Asked for a new glass three times in a row and got a dirty one each time on the same visit. Sad thing was , the manager was called over and didn't see what the problem was. ??

Buffalo, NY
“New menu items and great salad bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Saw the new gumbo and had to order it. Served on rice it was good and spicy. Not for the bland diet.

Visited March 2013
Fort Erie, Canada
“You just can't beat it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This was my second trip to Ruby Tuesdays, the first was in Syracuse. I thought it may have been a fluke -- maybe I was particularly lucky to get such wonderful service; or the chef was in a good mood; or the wait staff didn't have anyone else to focus on. Then tonight I went to RTs in Cheektowaga (Buffalo area). What I thought was a fluke was repeated in a big way. It was one of those nights you just NEED to get inside -- freezing cold, wind howling. I was greeted at the door with such concern, I immediately felt great about my choice of restaurants. The waitress was a sweetheart, joking and laughing with me as I waited for my dining partner to arrive, then couldn't be nicer or more helpful. Since I'm a veggie, it was salad bar and 3 sides for me, and my friend ordered the same. Plenty of food so we were stuffed, and the sides! Mashed cauliflower! Spagetti squash! Where else can you FIND these vegetables. When my friend asked for a refill of hot water for his tea, he got a fresh cup, fresh tea bag, and really hot water. And the tea was Twinings, not some cheap off brand. No charge for the refill. The only negative point I could mention is that the choices for vegetarians are pretty slim. Fortunately I love the salad bar and sides, and there's enough variety of sides I won't get tired of eating them for quite a while. I hope someone from RT takes this to heart and develops that side of their menu. I have a feeling I'll become a regular there.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ajax, Canada
“Affordable and predictable, but yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I decided on Ruby's because I knew that after Christmas eating, I required a place with some salad. I got my usual of crab cakes with Mac'n'Cheese. The Mac may not be authentic, but it was tasty and I was quite impressed with the amount of real crab in the crab cakes. I had to laugh at the salad bar. There was a young man cleaning the salad bar, but he seemed oblivious to the fact that there were people trying to access the salad. He was muttering to himself and I heard him say "I should get a tip for this". Sorry, bud, but some people are messy and they should be careful, but that's your job. I certainly wouldn't tip you after blocking my access to the first fibre I was going to get since Dec. 24.

I found this amusing, not annoying. The food was good, the salad bar was well-stocked, and the service was good, even if my server was a tad too overzealous (I was alone and trying to read). That's better than rude or aloof.

Visited December 2012
Kitchener
“Excellent Food, Excellent Service, Great Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

From the minute we walked in to Ruby Tuesday we were treated very well. The hostess was very friendly and greated us with a huge smile. Our waiter was very attentive and friendly and actually talked to our kids. The food was amazing! Everyone enjoyed their meals, no complaints from the kids and no left overs, everything was done in one sitting...LOL (that is because everyone enjoyed their food) and their certinaly was a lot of food!!!!
I will definately visit Ruby Tuesday again, next time I am in Buffalo.

Visited December 2012